The Student Room Group

Urgent help! Want to change course + uni!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by returnmigrant
If you are certain this is actually the subject you want to do, then I suggest you wait until you have your results in August and then make a calmer decision about what you want to do next.

As above, this course at Bristol isnt in Clearing and, as its a highly competitive course asking for AAA, isnt likely to go into Clearing in August either. So..... you can either stick with what you have got and go to Notts (or try swapping to Politics at Notts), or at that point you can withdraw your 2017 application completely and then get organised for reapplying in October for 2018 entry. You will then have time to think carefully about this - instead of panicking your way through Clearing - making 5 new choices and doing this a bit more sensibly.

Btw, its totally normal to go into a bit of a panic at this stage - 'have I done the right thing, is it the right course/Uni' etc etc. - this one of the reasons I suggest you wait until August before you make any big decisions. Once you have your results, and its all a bit clearer ,you may feel okay about Notts after all.

Do you not know any stories of people being successful with this kind of thing?

But also if I am going to go ahead with this then I should probably withdraw all my offers before results day just so I can be in the clearing pool actually on results day, right?
Original post by Landau99
Warwick, Birmingham and Leeds.

I honestly don't know what I'm going to do. Guess I'll decide a week before if I should go into clearing or not.

You either get put in clearing this week or you wait until results day. Ucas lock down their systems to stop changes that aren't due to results after this week
Reply 22
Original post by PQ
You either get put in clearing this week or you wait until results day. Ucas lock down their systems to stop changes that aren't due to results after this week

Do you know exactly what date they lock down?
Original post by Landau99
Do you know exactly what date they lock down?

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/university/apply/how-to-swap-your-firm-or-insurance-university-choice
6pm on the 28th. That's the deadline for it all to be sorted and showing on Track.
Reply 24
Original post by PQ
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/university/apply/how-to-swap-your-firm-or-insurance-university-choice
6pm on the 28th. That's the deadline for it all to be sorted and showing on Track.

Thank you for your help.
You cannot go into Clearing until you have your results.
Reply 26

Yes you can apparently. Read the rest of this thread.

An applicant can be placed in clearing. They just can't apply or refer their application until they hold their results.

Any applicant not currently holding an offer will be in clearing right now. The majority of them don't have their results

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending