The Student Room Group
Reply 1
As a Computer Science graduate, I can tell you that it's mostly the top firms that care about A-Levels (we're talking GCHQ here) which only account for a very small percentage of all graduate opportunities. Perhaps it's where you're looking but when I looked for a graduate job, I hardly came across companies that looked at A-Levels. I got BBC at A-Level, it's hardly impressive, I missed my entry requirements for uni but it didn't stop me from finding a placement and a graduate job at top companies.

What does matter is getting at least a 2:1 and having relevant experience in your industry.
Reply 2
Original post by UWS
As a Computer Science graduate, I can tell you that it's mostly the top firms that care about A-Levels (we're talking GCHQ here) which only account for a very small percentage of all graduate opportunities. Perhaps it's where you're looking but when I looked for a graduate job, I hardly came across companies that looked at A-Levels. I got BBC at A-Level, it's hardly impressive, I missed my entry requirements for uni but it didn't stop me from finding a placement and a graduate job at top companies.

What does matter is getting at least a 2:1 and having relevant experience in your industry.

Which Uni did you go to? And where did you do your placement year?
Reply 3
Original post by jaideep97
Which Uni did you go to? And where did you do your placement year?

City University London and my placement was at a telecommunications firm.
Original post by UWS
City University London and my placement was at a telecommunications firm.

Did they ask for your first year grade? Can you state on your CV "Expected to get a 2:1 or 1st etc" if you feel like you didn't do well in your first year?
Reply 5
Original post by Ihonestlydk
Did they ask for your first year grade? Can you state on your CV "Expected to get a 2:1 or 1st etc" if you feel like you didn't do well in your first year?

You can either predict what grade you are most likely to get or just leave it at "Pending" if you're not sure.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by UWS
You can either predict what grade you are most likely to get or just leave it at "Pending" if you're not sure.

I'm asking as I do a Psychology degree and currently first year going into second. I want to do a study abroad (if my parents let me- pathetic I know, but they keep saying no which is making me stressed and upset) ANYWAYS, If I end up finding a placement in the UK im concerned whether they will ask for your first year grade and A levels and I got a Di*Di, D (Psychology- the subject im studying at Surrey University) and then end up with a 2:2 at first year. It looks bad and now I'm panicking thinking I did really badly and won't get a placement due to my grades :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending