What's the worst book you've ever read?

Scroll to see replies

harry potter the last book especially the epilogue
(edited 6 years ago)
Catcher in the rye
Original post by Sammylou40
Most free e books
And Shakespeare! I don't get why it's so revered
It was written by a bloke who was usually stoned in the way they spoke back then.
It's nothing special. Let it go!!

For goodness sake, Noooooooooo !!!!!!!

In my minds eye you are the devil incarnate and you've just killed him off with one fell swoop although it's not a foregone conclusion, but you definitely did set my teeth in edge.

Not wishing to turn you into a laughing stock, I shall go full circle, break the ice, and await your response with baited breath although I doubt you will budge an inch even though it's a brave new world. :tongue:
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 23
allegiant - completely ruined my favourite book series. was utter crap, and i loved the first 2 so much but then the 3rd one was a complete mess. still mad about it to this day tbh.
Original post by uberteknik

In my minds eye you are the devil incarnate and you've just killed him off with one fell swoop although it's not a foregone conclusion, but you definitely did set my teeth in edge.

Not wishing to turn you into a laughing stock, I shall go full circle, break the ice, and await your response with baited breath although I doubt you will budge an inch even though it's a brave new world. :tongue:

I love this :biggrin:
Original post by teenhorrorstory
Catcher in the rye

100% seconded, can't believe I forgot about this pile of crap
'Wetlands' by Charlotte Roche.

The whole book is about a hospitalised girl doing the most shocking things she possibly can. I think it's supposed to be about breaking sexual and mental health taboo, but it's really just groan-inducingly gratuitous muck. :redface:

Don't read the wiki unless you have a strong stomach...
(edited 6 years ago)
Books by NASA written for the sheeple.
Pride and Prejudice

@uberteknik
No. It's a load of........ far too old to change my mind and far too old to care!!!!!
Made my a level days a misery. There's so much excellent literature out there. Bury it in room 101. Forever
Original post by Sammylou40
@uberteknik
No. It's a load of........ far too old to change my mind and far too old to care!!!!!
Made my a level days a misery. There's so much excellent literature out there. Bury it in room 101. Forever

lol. I do understand. My son did A-level English and complained that he loved reading until he had to dissect every word. Still, he can't have been that bad at it to get an A grade.
(edited 6 years ago)
Glamorama by Bret Easton Ellis.
lol. I do understand. My son did A-level English and complained that he loved reading until he had to dissect every word. Still, he can't have been that bad at it to get an A grade.

And it's the dissecting every word that's my problem
I really really don't believe he was anywhere near as clever as we like to make him
Anything can be twisted to suit an agenda
He was just a stoned comedian who got lucky
The Wind In The Willows *shudder*

That was so long ago - but it's by far the worst book I've read...
The Spyro 1 manual :yucky:
3rd book in the knife of never letting go trilogy. First 2 were amazing to the point I read around 800-1000 pages in a week during a time I didn't like reading so that speaks for itself about how much I loved them but the 3rd took a massive dive bomb in quality and it was like the writer ran out of creativity.
A LOT OF BOOKS. Contemporary YA literature especially seems to have taken a turn for the worse with the quality of writing and characters.

I'm still angry about the Maze Runner series; the first book was just about bearable, the main character was annoying and the writing wasn't too good but I could JUST about justify reading it by an okay plot. But the other two were terrible, I couldn't even finish them. Somehow the main character became even more unbearable and I couldn't put myself through two whole books :/ The weird love triangle made no sense and the characters made unrealistic decisions just for the sake of plot. Urgh I could rant about this series all day
Do you ever read a book so bad ( I am number 4) that the actual thought of the book gets you mad. I can't even begin to comprehend how a book that awful got published and I had to waste a good chunk of your time reading the book. It’s so bad that I didn't even bother finishing the book because the what’s continuing to happen just makes me want to rip my hair out. I was just so frustrated that I put in time and effort into read such an atrocity. Like even months after reading the book I'm still so angry because it’s just soooo bad. Even talking about how bad the book is, isn’t going to calm the anger still building up inside of me when I think of that book.
The Divergent trilogy :nope: just couldn't get into it at all :s-smilie:

Original post by bones-mccoy
The Fault in Our Stars and Paper Towns both by John Green. Pointless drivel for the self-obsessed teenager.

:ditto:
Original post by karl pilkington
harry potter the last book especially the epilogue

omg how dare you!

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending