The Student Room Group

Is Tinder still relevant?

I've been using it for about 2 days and haven't had any matches yet, though that isn't the issue. It just seems kind of dead, not much variety, too many bots, either very attractive women or unattractive women-not many in the middle. I am a fairly good looking guy (face+bod) but it all just feels dead, is it only me?

What else is there that I can use?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I've been using it for about 2 days and haven't had any matches yet, though that isn't the issue. It just seems kind of dead, not much variety, too many bots, either very attractive women or unattractive women-not many in the middle. I am a fairly good looking guy (face+bod) but it all just feels dead, is it only me?

Shaadi.com
Matrimony.com
Match.com
Reply 2
Bumble may be up your street. Okcupid for more serious relationships rather than hookups.

If all else fails, there's always real life.
It's irrelevant.
Real life? Pls explain
Reply 5
Seems like Tinder is just as dead as this thread. :colonhash:

Was hoping to get more replies...
Seems like Tinder is just as dead as this thread. :colonhash:

Was hoping to get more replies...

http://i.imgur.com/IhNKCag.gif

Oh so a lack of users is your excuse? :rofl:
Reply 8
It's alive and well where I live. But Tinder is a terrible way to meet women so best to avoid it regardless.
Reply 9

Thanks. :colonhash:

Original post by cbreef
Oh so a lack of users is your excuse? :rofl:

Idk, don't see much variety + my area seems dead.

Original post by miser
It's alive and well where I live. But Tinder is a terrible way to meet women so best to avoid it regardless.

I'm in London, that should be a good start lol. Why is it terrible?
Reply 10
I'm in London, that should be a good start lol. Why is it terrible?

I would've thought it'd still be popular in London. Anywhere with a high population density is good.

I don't like it because it makes dating unnecessarily difficult for men. The whole selling point for Tinder is that it's supposed to make it easy to meet people, but actually it does the opposite. Time for time, it's much better to meet women as you go about your daily life.

On Tinder competition is very high, and a girl will typically be getting 10s of matches every day. The way she will decide if she matches you or not is based on your pictures, your job, your height, etc. - essentially entirely superficial qualities. Even if you match a girl, you have to send her a message, and the way she'll judge whether to reply to that will be how attention grabbing it is, and again you'll be in competition with a lot of other guys. Then you have to get her out and meet her. And then you might realise within the first few seconds of meeting her that you don't even like her. No matter how I think of it, it seems like a terrible way to meet girls.

Compare that with talking to the girls you see at parties, in bars, at the supermarket, that you're waiting with at the bus stop, etc. You know straight away if you find her attractive, there's often little to no competition from other guys, you're not trying to be attention-grabbing or impress her with carefully selected photos - you're just being yourself and you haven't even wasted any time, because you were there with her anyway. She's naturally impressed by your confidence, it's easier to get her out, you can form a real connection and memorable impression with her beyond what you can do with just text, and you can understand more or less straight away if you'd like to see her more.

To me there's no comparison really. I think it's crazy guys would choose to put themselves in such an unnecessarily difficult position when it comes to meeting girls. It feels easy and safe, but it's so much hassle and the odds are stacked against you. If you ask me guys have gone crazy.
Original post by miser
I would've thought it'd still be popular in London. Anywhere with a high population density is good.

I don't like it because it makes dating unnecessarily difficult for men. The whole selling point for Tinder is that it's supposed to make it easy to meet people, but actually it does the opposite. Time for time, it's much better to meet women as you go about your daily life.

On Tinder competition is very high, and a girl will typically be getting 10s of matches every day. The way she will decide if she matches you or not is based on your pictures, your job, your height, etc. - essentially entirely superficial qualities. Even if you match a girl, you have to send her a message, and the way she'll judge whether to reply to that will be how attention grabbing it is, and again you'll be in competition with a lot of other guys. Then you have to get her out and meet her. And then you might realise within the first few seconds of meeting her that you don't even like her. No matter how I think of it, it seems like a terrible way to meet girls.

Compare that with talking to the girls you see at parties, in bars, at the supermarket, that you're waiting with at the bus stop, etc. You know straight away if you find her attractive, there's often little to no competition from other guys, you're not trying to be attention-grabbing or impress her with carefully selected photos - you're just being yourself and you haven't even wasted any time, because you were there with her anyway. She's naturally impressed by your confidence, it's easier to get her out, you can form a real connection and memorable impression with her beyond what you can do with just text, and you can understand more or less straight away if you'd like to see her more.

To me there's no comparison really. I think it's crazy guys would choose to put themselves in such an unnecessarily difficult position when it comes to meeting girls. It feels easy and safe, but it's so much hassle and the odds are stacked against you. If you ask me guys have gone crazy.

Very well put and your right. I haven't been getting out much lately hence why I resorted to Tinder. Tbf I probably won't have it for long.
The elite (orthodox jewry/deep state) are trying to create a large section of white 40 year old single male virgins. Society has been altered so that women have complete freedoms and men have to negotiate a never ending series of obstacles to meet any women at all. Online dating makes it quite easy for women to ignore any men they dont like and for them to indulge in cowardly promiscuity. If on the other hand you try and meet women IRL like in a club, again it makes it all to easy for them to fly the 'creep' tag around and discriminate you that way. Yet again the solution lies with south asia in the form of arranged marriages.
I'm 22 years old and I'm still a virgin. I've never even kissed a girl.

I've been through college for two and a half years, more than that actually, and I'm still a virgin. It has been very torturous. College is the time when everyone experiences those things such as sex and fun and pleasure.

Within those years, I've had to rot in loneliness.

It's not fair. You girls have never been attracted to me. I don't know why you girls aren't attracted to me, but I will punish you all for it.

It's an injustice, a crime, because... I don't know what you don't see in me. I'm the perfect guy and yet you throw yourselves at these obnoxious men instead of me, the supreme gentleman

https://i.makeagif.com/media/6-27-2015/PlplPh.gif

@Nirvana1989-1994 @Rhaenys10

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I'm waiting for a video from that OP.

Quick Reply