The Student Room Group

Would you on FB?

Would you accept a friend request from someone you don't really know on FB if you have common friends with them?

Scroll to see replies

Don't have FB anymore but no
Nah, some of the rubbish people share gets on my nerves. Adding another person to that list wouldn't be helpful.
Reply 3
No, never, its always for the wrong reasons.
I would message them first and ask who are you, if its some *****y response I would block them right away.
No. I've had people try to add me. I've looked through their friend list and yes, we've got friends in common but I have no idea who they are.

Unless I've interacted with you, I'm not going to add you.

Someone did keep trying to add me and wouldn't tell me who he was. We have friends in common; but have never talked I don't think.
Original post by Tiger Rag
No. I've had people try to add me. I've looked through their friend list and yes, we've got friends in common but I have no idea who they are.

Unless I've interacted with you, I'm not going to add you.

Someone did keep trying to add me and wouldn't tell me who he was. We have friends in common; but have never talked I don't think.

I don't add people unless I know them either 😂😂
Reply 6
So many do, makes them feel ''popular' adding randoms

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
The reason I ask is adding this girl who does not really know me would probably be the chance to befriend her as she is likely leaving university for good (graduated)? What do I do? :frown:
Original post by Anonymous
The reason I ask is adding this girl who does not really know me would probably be the chance to befriend her as she is likely leaving university for good (graduated)? What do I do? :frown:

If you can speak to her in person, do that but from what I remember, you can message people who you haven't added, so message her and let her know.
Reply 9
Original post by Steljoy
If you can speak to her in person, do that but from what I remember, you can message people who you haven't added, so message her and let her know.

You don't think it would be strange? What can I even say to her, definitely not "I'd like to be friends"?

Have you ever talked to her at all? Cause that's different to what many of us are saying in this thread - we won't add people we've never talked to at all.e
Reply 11
When I had Facebook I did...

But that was 5 years ago.
No, I only have 20 - 30 or so people on Facebook and they're friends, family and colleagues.

I don't get why people add complete strangers just so they can increase their number of "friends" on the site.
You don't think it would be strange? What can I even say to her, definitely not "I'd like to be friends"?

Personally, I am quite upfront, so I would usually message them, maybe start with congratulating her then tell her that you would like to add her as a friend on Facebook

But that's just me
Original post by Steljoy
Personally, I am quite upfront, so I would usually message them, maybe start with congratulating her then tell her that you would like to add her as a friend on Facebook

But that's just me

Right but what would make her want to add me back? What should I say, "hey we're from the same university" or?
Just be like "B1TCH, DO I KNOW YOU?"
what's the worst she can do? not respond? that's about as far as it goes in which case you move on
I used to get girls from America and the Philippines adding me all the time, no idea why. I used to add them and then stalk their profile to see if they were worth keeping on my friends list. Haven't used FB in a good few years now though.
Right but what would make her want to add me back? What should I say, "hey we're from the same university" or?

Yeah, say that! Honestly, this message will make it less stalky, because adding them without any reason just seems dodgy.
Reply 19
I usually don't, no. I only do if their profile is private so there's no info on there. So I accept and see if I know them in some way and then unfriend them if I don't

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending