The Student Room Group

i dont know what to do help!!!

I'm freaking out as what i should do for a level these are the things i like i love fitness, i love helping people/ animals what a levels should i take?!!!!!
Reply 1
Original post by sarah1223
I'm freaking out as what i should do for a level these are the things i like i love fitness, i love helping people/ animals what a levels should i take?!!!!!

What subjects did you enjoy?

What are you good at?
Reply 2
Original post by SGHD26716
What subjects did you enjoy?

What are you good at?

biology, Pe and Spanish
Reply 3
biology, Pe and Spanish

Do you have any idea what you want to do at university?
Reply 4
Do you have any idea what you want to do at university?

i wanted to become a nurse,zoologist, physiotherapy something like that
Reply 5

Nursing and Midwifery
ESSENTIAL ADVANCED LEVEL QUALIFICATIONS Usually Biology or another science.

USEFUL ADVANCED LEVEL QUALIFICATIONS
Biology, CACHE, Sociology, Psychology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics

Physiotherapy
ESSENTIAL ADVANCED LEVEL QUALIFICATIONS
Most courses will consider you with just Biology. However, some also require a second science from Chemistry, Mathematics or Physics.

USEFUL ADVANCED LEVEL QUALIFICATIONS Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, Psychology.

If I were you I would do biology, maths, and whatever else you like from the above list.

This information is from Informed Choices, a document produced by the RG universities highlighting what A levels they like.
Reply 6
Nursing and Midwifery
ESSENTIAL ADVANCED LEVEL QUALIFICATIONS Usually Biology or another science.

USEFUL ADVANCED LEVEL QUALIFICATIONS
Biology, CACHE, Sociology, Psychology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics

Physiotherapy
ESSENTIAL ADVANCED LEVEL QUALIFICATIONS
Most courses will consider you with just Biology. However, some also require a second science from Chemistry, Mathematics or Physics.

USEFUL ADVANCED LEVEL QUALIFICATIONS Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, Psychology.

If I were you I would do biology, maths, and whatever else you like from the above list.

This information is from Informed Choices, a document produced by the RG universities highlighting what A levels they like.

Thank you!!! i was thinking of taking math but is it to hard i will probably have a tutor help me as I'm not that good at the subject
Reply 7
Thank you!!! i was thinking of taking math but is it to hard i will probably have a tutor help me as I'm not that good at the subject

Maths will be useful probably for nursing due to drug calculations you have to do. Good to keep maths brain in check you know.

Anyway, hope this helped.

My friend from Sixth Form loved animals and will be studying zoology in order to work with animals in one way or another. He took; Biology, Chemistry, English Literature (not needed) and AS maths. Alternatively, another friend who hopes to study midwifery at University took English language, Psychology, Health & Social Care as-well as an Applied Science course (although an a-level science would be better for example. This isn't much but I hope it gives you an idea. Good luck!
(I see @SGHD26716 pretty much nailed it.)
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by srdavison123
My friend from Sixth Form loved animals and will be studying zoology in order to work with animals in one way or another. He took; Biology, Chemistry, English Literature (not needed) and AS maths. Alternatively, another friend who hopes to study midwifery at University took English language, Psychology, Health & Social Care as-well as an Applied Science course (although an a-level science would be better for example. This isn't much but I hope it gives you an idea. Good luck!
(I see @SGHD26716 pretty much nailed it.)

this helped a lot thank you!!

Quick Reply

Latest