The Student Room Group

I just found out that I have a yeast infection.

I'm really worried about his reaction. I found out that I have thrush and the doctor advised me to get him to use the cream too. I was planning to tell him anyway just don't know how he will react to it. I want to cry.
Reply 1
When I say him, I mean my boyfriend.
Original post by Anonymous
When I say him, I mean my boyfriend.

Don't tell him he will figure it out when his penis starts leaking and itching. It can be caused of many things such as heat so he doesn't need to know you gave it him.
Reply 3
Original post by John10101
Don't tell him he will figure it out when his penis starts leaking and itching. It can be caused of many things such as heat so he doesn't need to know you gave it him.

I feel like that would mean I am being dishonest

Not really your just not disclosing information, if he asks if you gave it him say yes if you want lol its not a big deal its only applying cream twice a day for 2 weeks i think he can survive.
Thread moved to 'Health'

Original post by John10101
Not really your just not disclosing information, if he asks if you gave it him say yes if you want lol its not a big deal its only applying cream twice a day for 2 weeks i think he can survive.

You should tell him OP. You would be being dishonest, youre right and you would also want him to tell you if he had something that could sxually transferred, right?
This can happen to anyone so he shouldn't be an ******* about it.
Understandable that anything out of wack down there can be embarrassing, but try to remember it's only temporary.

Jack also has a good point.
Original post by Jack22031994
Thread moved to 'Health'

you would also want him to tell you if he had something that could sxually transferred, right?
Reply 7
Baking soda is the future dw
Original post by Wulfalwyn
This can happen to anyone so he shouldn't be an ******* about it.
Understandable that anything out of wack down there can be embarrassing, but try to remember it's only temporary.

Jack also has a good point.

No he shouldnt youre right, but he deserves to know. He would have a right to be angry if he caught it without knowing she had it though imo.
Reply 9
Thread moved to 'Health'

You should tell him OP. You would be being dishonest, youre right and you would also want him to tell you if he had something that could sxually transferred, right?

Original post by Wulfalwyn
This stuff can happen to anyone so he shouldn't be an ******** about it.
Understandable that anything out of wack down there can be embarrassing, but just try to remember that it's only temporary.

That's very true. I'm just really worried he'll be put off me :frown: we've been together for a year now, I mentioned sex being painful a couple days ago and he didn't seem taken aback by it.
That's very true. I'm just really worried he'll be put off me :frown: we've been together for a year now, I mentioned sex being painful a couple days ago and he didn't seem taken aback by it.

I think he just assumed it was because of rough sex or something.
No he shouldnt youre right, but he deserves to know. He would have a right to be angry if he caught it without knowing she had it though imo.

Of course, I agree with you. I don't like lying so I wouldn't go there. Wish me luck.
Of course, I agree with you. I don't like lying so I wouldn't go there. Wish me luck.

Good luck! If he truly cares about you he wont mind. I'd rather know anyway!
Doesn't your vagina and your pants smell really fishy?
Doesn't your vagina and your pants smell really fishy?

I believe "fishy smell" is caused by a bacterial infection rather than thrush.

Good luck!
Thank you everyone. It took me a while to tell him today but he took it well :smile: his response was "loads of people get them" but I discovered that he uses soap down there which could be where it started, who knows

Quick Reply

Latest