The Student Room Group

Grade boundaries come out on results day

Scroll to see replies

Are you aware of any reasoning for this?
Reply 61
Original post by AspiringUnderdog
Are you aware of any reasoning for this?

No. But it has nothing to do "with the other boards (ie. OCR) making terrible mistakes on the papers that will affect all boards marking processes, resulting in a few more students being disgruntled with grades than usual."
I'm glad they're not coming out the night before tbh, finding out the GCSE boundaries before I got my GCSEs made me overthink everything I wrote on the papers and I spent the whole night working out possible sceanarios. Id rather not go through that ordeal again, it'll just make me second guess myself and worry. I'm just gonna relax and wait for my results.
Original post by Doonesbury
No. But it has nothing to do "with the other boards (ie. OCR) making terrible mistakes on the papers that will affect all boards marking processes, resulting in a few more students being disgruntled with grades than usual."

lol I know they make mistakes every year so that's not a reason. I'd very highly doubt that it's a way to predict what the grade boundaries would look like.
However, do you think that avoiding complaints could be a reason? People always complain online so maybe they can't be bothered with it this year.
Well that's annoying. I wanted to see if they took mercy on all the German A2 students and dropped the grade boundaries by about 20 marks :wink:
Oh my, what's with all these results day threads on TSR, It's freaking me out!
Have edexcel confirmed it's coming out on the 17th then? I know teachers get them a day early on edexcel online but if it doesn't come out till the 17th I'll be spamming my teachers for grade boundaries
Who's willing to take one for the team and release the grade boundaries on TSR
Original post by Tobi-Alcarez
Have edexcel confirmed it's coming out on the 17th then? I know teachers get them a day early on edexcel online but if it doesn't come out till the 17th I'll be spamming my teachers for grade boundaries

Lools at having to answer my own question
"Grade boundaries for the June 2017 series will be available for exams officers and heads of centre as a secure content download from Wednesday 16 August for GCE and Wednesday 23 August for GCSE. Grade boundaries will be available for everyone else from 6:00am on Thursday 17 August for GCE and Thursday 24 August for GCSE."

Can I ask why it makes a difference? Why a mere 24 hours between exam officers and students?
Original post by Tobi-Alcarez
Lools at having to answer my own question
"Grade boundaries for the June 2017 series will be available for exams officers and heads of centre as a secure content download from Wednesday 16 August for GCE and Wednesday 23 August for GCSE. Grade boundaries will be available for everyone else from 6:00am on Thursday 17 August for GCE and Thursday 24 August for GCSE."

Can I ask why it makes a difference? Why a mere 24 hours between exam officers and students?

They're released to exams officers at the same time as results....and to students at the same time as results.
Makes even more nervous now,releasing the grade boundaries early added some certainty.
I have a two hour commute to my school in london,so I won't be up when they release the grade boundaries since i want to be in school by 8.00 when it opens.
Guys, is this true for all examination boards? Quite disgruntled by this, actually.
Original post by PixelatedUnicorn
Guys, is this true for all examination boards? Quite disgruntled by this, actually.

Confirmed for Edexcel, AQA and OCR. Haven't seen any confirmation for the other boards but I'm not on them so I may well have missed it.
Original post by Lemur14
Confirmed for Edexcel, AQA and OCR. Haven't seen any confirmation for the other boards but I'm not on them so I may well have missed it.

Thank you! Praying that WJEC has been spared from this abomination D:
Original post by PixelatedUnicorn
Thank you! Praying that WJEC has been spared from this abomination D:

No problem! I'd be hoping the same in your position!
For the last two years edexcel has tweeted that grade boundaries will be available on results day, yet they were still available at midnight the day before results day.
I'm so pressed about this ugh, exams were already 10x harder this year I think they want us to flop tbh
As much as that's incredibly annoying, at least it prevents me from panicking the night before and being unable to sleep because I think I ****ed up majorly on an exam paper :'(
I understand that they may be wanting to limit people stressing but I think for some this might have the opposite effect - they'll inevitably get leaked around but people will just be stressing more wondering if they're legit or someone has made them up. So annoying.
e: 0
d: 0
c: 0
b: 0
a: 0
a*: 1

Quick Reply

Latest