The Student Room Group

Tier 4 UK Visa PROCESSING TIME - TORONTO

Hey Everyone,

I submitted my tier 4 visa app on Monday, July 17.

Online, it said that 100% of PBS Tier 4 visa apps were processed within 5 business days.

HOWEVER, I still haven't received an email stating that they have (a) received my application, (b) approved or denied it and therefore (c) I cannot pick it up yet.

Has anyone recently applied and gotten their passport back yet?

I just want to know the real-time processing time as they are behind on what is stated online.

NOTE: THIS IS FOR TORONTO AND I AM PICKING MY PASSPORT UP (faster process)
Reply 1
I submitted my application on the 18th. Also from the Toronto office. I received an email the following day (on the 19th) stating that my application had reached New York for processing and that they aim to get it processed in 14 days.

I'm not sure what you're looking for, but if you were intending the whole process to take 5 days you should of payed the 300 CAD and gotten express service.

I don't think you can complain, since they informed you it can take up to 4 weeks. Especially if you have a complex background.

Plus, there's no guarantee you can get approved. I'd suggest checking your Junk Mail.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
Did you pay the priority fee?

Also, did you do anything special for your application or did you simply just hand in the things they asked for (i.e. passport, bank info, transcripts, reference letters, acceptance confirmation)?

Original post by ALK96
I submitted my application on the 18th. Also from the Toronto office. I received an email the following day (on the 19th) stating that my application had reached New York for processing and that they aim to get it processed in 14 days.

I'm not sure what you're looking for, but if you were intending the whole process to take 5 days you should of payed the 300 CAD and gotten express service.

I don't think you can complain, since they informed you it can take up to 4 weeks. Especially if you have a complex background.

Plus, there's no guarantee you can get approved. I'd suggest checking your Junk Mail.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by crmlgnzls
Did you pay the priority fee?

Also, did you do anything special for your application or did you simply just hand in the things they asked for (i.e. passport, bank info, transcripts, reference letters, acceptance confirmation)?

I didn't have any mystical fairy dust to bless it with unfortunately.

Nothing special. Standard Application. I just provided them with the checklist documents, but I should note that I had all the tuition money for three years in my personal account.

If you were reluctant about the amount declared (as your post history indicates) that might be cause for concern as to why they haven't forwarded it to New York.

Also, go back and check your phone number and email address to insure it was listed properly.

Double check your Junk/Deleted folders.
Reply 4
For the record, for anyone applying for a visa from Canada where you need your passport back to travel, you can apply for an INTERIM PASSPORT which is precisely for cases like this, where you are travelling but cannot access your passport as it is with a foreign consulate.

That being said, don't worry about your passport/visa application taking longer than normal as you can most definitely get a second passport for any travel that you do in the interm (waiting for your results/passport back).

Also for the record, for your arrogant ass lol I'm not concerned whatsoever about the positive response of the application, but rather with the fact that I am travelling next week and need my passport. Generally speaking, don't assume anyone's situation. I asked a very simple question: what is the processing time and has anyone gotten responses back from their applications. Thank you for answering that question. Your other negative opinions were unneccessary. Don't be an *******.

Additionally, on the UK VISA IMMIGRATION WEBSITE, for the TORONTO VISA APPLICATION CENTRE (VAC) it says 100% of Tier 4 Visa Applications processed in 5 business days. So please, please, remove your arrogant smugness, and if you're just going to troll, don't bother answering.
Reply 5
Seems like someone has it all figured out.
Why ask for any experiences?

Arrogant Smugness, Pffft. Really?

Real mature attitude to have as a Masters Applicant.

P.S - Notice how it says "Actual Processing times may vary depending on a range of factors".

That's right. They're estimates.

So, if you had a urgent flight. Don't cheap out and pay the express charges ahead of your scheduled flight instead of complaining online when you don't like the answers.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by ALK96
Seems like someone has it all figured out.
Why ask for any experiences?

Arrogant Smugness, Pffft. Really?

Real mature attitude to have as a Masters Applicant.

P.S - Notice how it says "Actual Processing times may vary depending on a range of factors".

That's right. They're estimates.

So, if you had a urgent flight. Don't cheap out and pay the express charges ahead of your scheduled flight instead of complaining online when you don't like the answers.

So much common sense in such a few posts. Speedy visa granting and enjoy your studies whatever they are.

Quick Reply

Latest