The Student Room Group

As a Muslim I feel we have not contributed anything positive to the world

Particularly in recent times. It's truly disheartening. All I see is negativity everywhere. Terrorism, groups like ISIS, al Qaeda, taliban etc, misogyny, poverty, weakness in military, backwardness, lack of education, honour killings, FGM, treating women as second class citizens, no prosperity or progress. We keep talking about being peaceful yet we kill each other every single day. Different sects of Muslims despise eachother and we expect ourselves to get on with non Muslims and for them to like us? To add to that, south Asian Muslims in Arab countries are treated like filth.

We have no innovation, inventions, ideas, creativity and have made no real contribution to the world technologically or scientifically even politically in a long long time. Some may argue same could be said of Hindus etc. But Hindus are mostly concentrated into one country. And in the West, at least they have a great image and seen as much more positively.

The only nice Muslim countries are the ones that got lucky sat on oil. Even then , we needed the West help to extract oil. It's depressing to say the least.

Yet we sit back and tell the world how great and amazing Muslims are and expect to be taken seriously.

Scroll to see replies

You haven't in the last 1000 years or so.

Before that though you came up with Algebra and where considerably more advanced in the medical fiedl etc...
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Some may argue same could be said of Hindus etc. But Hindus are mostly concentrated into one country. And in the West, at least they have a great image and seen as much more positively.

Also this is not true. There a large amount of Indian scientists and engineers all over the world. Particularly in NASA and Intel.
Persians (the diaspora especially but quite a few within) are quite concentrated in STEM fields
As a active TSR member I feel you are putting way too much effort into **** posting.

Original post by SCIENCE :D

Before that though you came up with Algebra and where considerably more advanced in the medical fiedl etc...

Actually Babylon created algebra.
Original post by Anonymous
Particularly in recent times. It's truly disheartening. All I see is negativity everywhere. Terrorism, groups like ISIS, al Qaeda, taliban etc, misogyny, poverty, weakness in military, backwardness, lack of education, honour killings, FGM, treating women as second class citizens, no prosperity or progress. We keep talking about being peaceful yet we kill each other every single day. Different sects of Muslims despise eachother and we expect ourselves to get on with non Muslims and for them to like us? To add to that, south Asian Muslims in Arab countries are treated like filth.

We have no innovation, inventions, ideas, creativity and have made no real contribution to the world technologically or scientifically even politically in a long long time. Some may argue same could be said of Hindus etc. But Hindus are mostly concentrated into one country. And in the West, at least they have a great image and seen as much more positively.

The only nice Muslim countries are the ones that got lucky sat on oil. Even then , we needed the West help to extract oil. It's depressing to say the least.

Yet we sit back and tell the world how great and amazing Muslims are and expect to be taken seriously.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4815156#primary_content
Read my comment on the first page.
oh that's islamophobic :frown:
Original post by karl pilkington
oh that's islamophobic :frown:

Islamaphobia is a rational fear.
Reply 9
Original post by ChaoticButterfly

That's a nice start.
whose we? you can speak for yourself but you can't speak for 1.6 billion muslims
Op you are a self-hating guy. Don't drag 1.7 BILLION people with you. Why must you judge a religions achievements by how many inventions they have had?...it all comes down to the person...
Around me i see so many Muslim doctors, surgeons, dentists, lawyers. engineers, businessmen and many others. It's you who chooses to look at all the negative aspects and forget that there are many intelligent Muslims in the world. And fyi FGM and Honour killings are forbidden in Islam, that has more to do with culture.
lol
then leave islam. simple.
Original post by Angry Bird
whose we? you can speak for yourself but you can't speak for 1.6 billion muslims

1.6 billion and how many noble price winners?
Prize*
I doubt OP is a Muslim, she's probably "Sarahsez"
Original post by SCIENCE :D

until the mongols came.
Original post by go_suck_a_dick
It's obvious
YOUR NOT A MUSLIM

Your username goes really well with your comment lol
Tbf Starbucks and Costa wouldn't have been around if it wasn't for Muslims.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending