The Student Room Group

Are muslims being bullied on this website?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by I_R_FURRY!
I only just joined today but I browsed the forum for a while without an account and noticed a lot of threads hating on Islam and muslims and it seems like there is a general bullying vibe on this website against muslims because of the religion.

I hope that Muslims are not being bullied, but I do want Islam (and other religions) to be able to be openly criticised.

If their followers interpret criticism of their religion as bullying of them, they are wrong.
Original post by _gcx
better hide your sockpuppets bois

:lol:
Original post by Meany Pie
What is legitimate criticism of homosexuality?

Homosexuality is not an ideology, it is a state of being which can never be changed. I can't stop being a lesbian, I can't convert to being straight. So what criticism is there to be discussed?

PRSOM
Looking at the number of hateful threads it shows that people have too much time and not enough love
Original post by Reality Check
Rubbish. Posts which "offend" are regularly allowed. Just search the site today in D&CA - I can guarantee you'll be offended in about 5 minutes. Rule-breaking posts are not allowed. I don't see why that's a problem for you.

Moreover, if you have such strong opinions about certain views not being allowed on TSR, or it being such a hotbed of censorship, why haven't you contributed more to counter this apparent tendency? You've made 120 posts in 7 years of membership, or 0.04 posts a day. It's easy to stand on the sidelines and carp, but maybe more useful to get involved with sometimes difficult conversations and have your say respectfully but forcefully.

I wasn't that active to begin with and when I joined it wasn't as bad but it's got much worse.

I got out prison after a 3 year stint :woo:
Original post by Pancakes<3
I wasn't that active to begin with and when I joined it wasn't as bad but it's got much worse.

I got out prison after a 3 year stint :woo:

haha - I like the analogy 'getting out of prison'.

By the way, I do think you make some very valid points. I suppose that's why I think it's shame I haven't seen more posts from you.
Original post by Reality Check
Rubbish. Posts which "offend" are regularly allowed. Just search the site today in D&CA - I can guarantee you'll be offended in about 5 minutes. Rule-breaking posts are not allowed. I don't see why that's a problem for you.

Moreover, if you have such strong opinions about certain views not being allowed on TSR, or it being such a hotbed of censorship, why haven't you contributed more to counter this apparent tendency? You've made 120 posts in 7 years of membership, or 0.04 posts a day. It's easy to stand on the sidelines and carp, but maybe more useful to get involved with sometimes difficult conversations and have your say respectfully but forcefully.

Lmao, your savage, yet mildly mannered rekkage always gets me :rofl:
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Lmao, your savage, yet mildly mannered rekkage always gets me :rofl:

I've been told it's like being mauled by a little old lady with a slice of battenberg. :smile:
And OP's been banned..:lol:

:lol:

Says it all really

Posted from TSR Mobile

What did OP do, christ.
Original post by _gcx
ISIS was formed before 9/11, but I would agree with the rest of that paragraph.

Was it though?
Original post by барeбуx
Yeah, but who they gonna listen to

:erm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yudothis
Was it though?

Yes, google Jama'at al-Tawhid wal-Jihad.
Original post by _gcx
Yes, google Jama'at al-Tawhid wal-Jihad.

Well, that's like saying Germany is older than 1871.
Original post by aware1
Legendary username

I'm glad you're aware :wink:
wtf why did the person who started this thread get banned??????
Original post by Farcical
wtf why did the person who started this thread get banned??????

Probably a dupe.
Reply 118
Nobody is bullying muslims, just criticising Islam. If you see bullying, report it. At the same time, if you say controversial things, expect to be challenged. Its on you to take that challenge personally.
Muslims need to suck it up. Apparently they are going to be led to eternal paradise on the Day of Judgement whilst the wrest of us writhe in hell, so why the **** can't they deal with their BS not being accepted in finite life?

Quick Reply

Latest