The Student Room Group

which path to take

hi, i recently finished my O levels and i need help on choosing on what to do for my final years 12 and 13. Whether it is BTEC or A levels and also which one will help me get a really good business university in the UK. Your response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Original post by jane mugweru
hi, i recently finished my O levels and i need help on choosing on what to do for my final years 12 and 13. Whether it is BTEC or A levels and also which one will help me get a really good business university in the UK. Your response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

You dont really give us much to go on.

It would help if you have us an idea of what you want to do and which uni?

I would suggest 3 A levels or two A levels and one BTEC.

Make sure they are directly related to your course or at least 2 A levels are facilitating subjects.
Heres a guide. Try and avoid soft subjects with limited academic input as they arent as highly regarded.

http://russellgroup.ac.uk/for-students/school-and-college-in-the-uk/subject-choices-at-school-and-college/

At the minimum you need to check the course requirements will be met by the qualifications you are doing which involves looking at the website and doing research on entrance requirements.

In addition to the above grades matter so do the subjects you can get the highest grades in or enjoy the most (you will probably do well in those).

BTEC is largely continuous assessment . It is accepted in most places and will be ok if you only do one.. Some of the top institutions get a bit sniffy about more than one. Up to you whether you do one or none.

A levels are universally accepted.

You should also talk to your careers adviser.
Reply 2
Original post by jane mugweru

Thanks

have a look at the top business universities in the UK. see what the requirements are for the course you want to study. once you know the requirements, pick your a levels or btec. some university may not accept btec but many other will.

Quick Reply

Latest