The Student Room Group

Whos got vetting interview dates for raf pti 2017?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Cjfo1993
Hey everyone! I came across this forum as I am waiting for dates for my vetting and was wondering if anyone had any advice and how they score you?

I've heard you have to get 13.2 on the bleep test to at least get a 3 mark? :/

If anyone has any advice on the interview as in what they ask you ect and what you do on the leadership aspect of the vetting I would be extremely grateful!

Hey, yes they will look at your bleep test score. They rank everythig out of 4 (13.2 will get you 3/4).

Interview is simple enough as long as you do your research and actually prepare for it.

Leadership, you get given a sport (random out of 5) you must instruct. Looking at taking control, making it enjoyable etc..
Reply 81
So bleep test 13.2 is vital then for a pass really? got any advice on how to train for it? just do it until you get that score or mix continuous/interval training?

will it be like the first interview where they ask about bases, aircrafts , nato and then stuff about yourself?

aw okay nothing really you can plan for that then just gotta wing it on the day haha

Thanks for replying so soon!

Original post by Maxb015
Hey, yes they will look at your bleep test score. They rank everythig out of 4 (13.2 will get you 3/4).

Interview is simple enough as long as you do your research and actually prepare for it.

Leadership, you get given a sport (random out of 5) you must instruct. Looking at taking control, making it enjoyable etc..
Original post by Cjfo1993
So bleep test 13.2 is vital then for a pass really? got any advice on how to train for it? just do it until you get that score or mix continuous/interval training?

will it be like the first interview where they ask about bases, aircrafts , nato and then stuff about yourself?

aw okay nothing really you can plan for that then just gotta wing it on the day haha

Thanks for replying so soon!

The interview is more about YOU...they want to find out want you're like as a person and your not just a robot and boring! Sell yourself as best you can....but don't be arrogant...find the fine line...

Learn everything you can about Phase 1 (Basic Training) and Phase 2 (Cosford...12 module course).

Alex
Reply 83
Original post by Maxb015
Whos got vetting interview dates for raf pti 2017?

im going in August. Second go for me
Reply 84
Original post by Vics 21
im going in August. Second go for me

Ahh nice, its my second attempt july 26th , i passed last time, but had a lung infection lol!
Reply 85
Original post by Maxb015
Ahh nice, its my second attempt july 26th , i passed last time, but had a lung infection lol!
How come you have to do it again if you passed :-/
Reply 86
Original post by Vics 21
How come you have to do it again if you passed :-/

Soo basically, they give you a rank out of 4.

If 40 people go for it. They were taking the top 16 people. So I got and overall score of 3/4 and the top 16 was 3.3 or higher :frown:
Reply 87
Original post by Maxb015
Soo basically, they give you a rank out of 4.

If 40 people go for it. They were taking the top 16 people. So I got and overall score of 3/4 and the top 16 was 3.3 or higher :frown:
So hopefully with no lung infection you should get a high enough score to be accepted :-).
Reply 88
Original post by Vics 21
So hopefully with no lung infection you should get a high enough score to be accepted :-).

Haha thats the plan XD fingers crossed though! Good luck to you :smile:
Reply 89
Original post by Maxb015
Haha thats the plan XD fingers crossed though! Good luck to you :smile:

Thank you :-) Let me know how you get on :-)
Reply 90
Have you been given another vetting date seeing as though the 26th vetting was cancelled?
Reply 91
Original post by Bloggsy
Have you been given another vetting date seeing as though the 26th vetting was cancelled?

Hey, yeah I mine was moved to the 30th of august.
Reply 92
Original post by Bloggsy

I've not been told its cancelled :-/
Reply 93
Original post by Bloggsy

I've not been told its cancelled :-/ When did you hear that ?
Reply 94
I haven't been given one yet and was meant to be on it today? Vics when is your vetting date?
Reply 95
Original post by Vics 21
I've not been told its cancelled :-/

Its only for the peeps that were going on the 26th of july, due to the pool being out of order. You guys will be still good :smile:
Reply 96
Original post by Maxb015
Its only for the peeps that were going on the 26th of july, due to the pool being out of order. You guys will be still good :smile:

When did you get told it was cancelled? Hopefully I won't have to wait long for the next one
Reply 97
Original post by Maxb015

Yes just realised mine is 21st Aug 🙈
Reply 98
Original post by Bloggsy
When did you get told it was cancelled? Hopefully I won't have to wait long for the next one

I got told on like the 23rd, is it your first attempt?
Reply 99
Original post by Maxb015
I got told on like the 23rd, is it your first attempt?

Quite late as well then! Yea it's my first attempt

Quick Reply

Latest