The Student Room Group

Urgent HELP!!!

I always wanted to work with technology and my heart was set on ICT, Business and biology(because I enjoy bio) at a levels.Anyways recently I found that the stupid government got rid of ICT i was pretty heart broken and my teacher said to do computer science and my cousins who did a degree in computer science said it was difficult and lots of maths was involved which im terrible at and also you need to be really good at coding and programming,which sounds difficult.Now i dont know what to do im really depressed and i have no other passion.I enjoy bio and chem but i cant see my self in a lab researching something.The love i got for technology is explainable but i dont know what alevels to choose,By the way I HATE maths and phyics

Please help me xxx
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by the one 123
I always wanted to work with technology and my heart was set on ICT, Business and biology(because I enjoy bio) at a levels.Anyways recently I found that the stupid government got rid of ICT i was pretty heart broken and my teacher said to do computer science and my cousins who did a degree in computer science said it was difficult and lots of maths was involved which im terrible at and also you need to be really good at coding and programming,which sounds difficult.Now i dont know what to do im really depressed and i have no other passion.I enjoy bio and chem but i cant see my self in a lab researching something.The love i got for technology is explainable but i dont know what alevels to choose,By the way I HATE maths and phyics

Please help me xxx

Have you considered doing an apprenticeship in an area of technology that interests you? That could be a better option for you :smile: but for A levels you could do biology and two other subjects - you don't have to do bio at uni just because you're doing it at A level, so don't worry about working in a lab researching things yet haha
Original post by seasidestudy
Have you considered doing an apprenticeship in an area of technology that interests you? That could be a better option for you :smile: but for A levels you could do biology and two other subjects - you don't have to do bio at uni just because you're doing it at A level, so don't worry about working in a lab researching things yet haha

my parents are Asian they don't really want me to do an apprenticeship and thanks for your respond:smile: i just want to work in a big company in the IT department
(edited 6 years ago)
no sixth form or college do ICT as an A level :s-smilie: ??!!!
my parents are Asian they don't really want me to do an apprenticeship and thanks for your respond:smile: i just want to work in a big company in the IT department

No problem :smile: ahhh I see what you mean; you could do some work experience in an IT department of a small company to start off with and then when you finish your A levels you can move up from working in a small company to bigger ones :smile: if I had more experience and knowledge I'd be able to give you much better advice...so apologies hahaha
(edited 6 years ago)
No problem :smile: ahhh I see what you mean; you could do some work experience in an IT department of a small company to start off with and then when you finish your A levels you can move up from working in a small company to bigger ones :smile: if I had more experience and knowledge I'd be able to give you much better advice...so apologies hahaha

No...no basically im year 10 and im going to choose my a levels next year and all i know is that im going to do biology and business and one other subject oirginally i wanted to ict but they removed ict and now i dont know what another subject to do so i can do ict and business at uni then work in a big company
Original post by zaraiqbal18
no sixth form or college do ICT as an A level :s-smilie: ??!!!

the government has removed ICT
No...no basically im year 10 and im going to choose my a levels next year and all i know is that im going to do biology and business and one other subject oirginally i wanted to ict but they removed ict and now i dont know what another subject to do so i can do ict and business at uni then work in a big company

Ohhh I seee...lots of the unis nowadays love languages so if you're interested in doing one at A level I'd recommend it a lot. But good luck for the future, I hope it all works out for you :smile:
Ohhh I seee...lots of the unis nowadays love languages so if you're interested in doing one at A level I'd recommend it a lot. But good luck for the future, I hope it all works out for you :smile:

But if i choose a language can i do ict and business?thanks for responding
[QUOTE="123;72915918" the="the" one="one"]But if i choose a language can i do ict and business?thanks for responding[/QUOTE

Yes of course, doing a language at A level will only make you more wanted by the unis because it's such a great skill to have. You can basically choose any course at university, it's only the sciences really that require things like biology and chemistry at A level, but yes you definitely can
[QUOTE="seasidestudy;72916092"]
But if i choose a language can i do ict and business?thanks for responding[/QUOTE

Yes of course, doing a language at A level will only make you more wanted by the unis because it's such a great skill to have. You can basically choose any course at university, it's only the sciences really that require things like biology and chemistry at A level, but yes you definitely can

I already have got german alevels which i got an A in i done it when i went german school(i was born in germany)is that enough
[QUOTE="123;72916200" the="the" one="one"]

I already have got german alevels which i got an A in i done it when i went german school(i was born in germany)is that enough

Yeah that should be absolutely fine, well done by the way :smile:
[QUOTE="seasidestudy;72916298"]

Yeah that should be absolutely fine, well done by the way :smile:

Thanks xxx:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest