The Student Room Group

A Level English literature coursework.

So im currently starting my coursework for A level english. I have chosen my title and books however have no idea how to start writing or even begin to analyse my texts . PLLLEEEEASSSE HELP before i lose all motivation.
Original post by bethmendez
So im currently starting my coursework for A level english. I have chosen my title and books however have no idea how to start writing or even begin to analyse my texts . PLLLEEEEASSSE HELP before i lose all motivation.

Well youve managed to avoid telling us which books and what question.

Obviously read and understand the books.

Make notes based on your mystery title. You must know what to look for as you chose the title. themes characters etc, whatever the title says.
Read additional articles on the books for ideas but dont plagiarise and reference them properly.

Write the essay. You might run a detailed plan past your tutor.

Mr Gray has good ideas= on how to write a comparative essay.

http://cherwellenglish.typepad.com/cs110/2013/01/a2-comparative-coursework-what-does-a-successful-essay-look-like.html
Original post by bethmendez

What exam board? I did AQA and we had to use a provided critical anthology to analyse our texts in conjunction with the theory. However my advice would be to plan it out, write a draft, receive some feedback from your teacher/tutor and keep re-drafting until you're happy with your work.
Reply 3
Thanks so much for the replies and I'm doing AQAThe books I have chosen are The Bell Jar and The yellow wallpaper and my title based around how mental health is perceived from a female protagonists perspective.
Aye! I did the Bell Jar in my coursework this year for Edexcel and compared it to Plath's anthology Ariel to do with a feminist reading. Good luck 🙂

Quick Reply