The Student Room Group

Why aren't people talking about this?

While the mainstream news channels are so busy with their whole "resistance" situation, there are real issues going on that can heavily impact the lives of people. For example the refugees that opened their homes to Snowden may very well face deportation back to their home country - one of them being a srilankan who was in the army where he faced torture, another being from the Philippines who was sexually abused. Why arent people flocking to the streets about helping them? Why aren't people talking about the refugees that helped snowden? Why aren't people spreading awareness about it the way they post their "solitary" posts in social media after a terrorist attack? Why aren't celebrities posting about it?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jul/18/refugees-who-helped-snowden-now-look-to-canada-as-their-only-hope

What's also incredibly annoying is that politics has become this pop culture thing where if trump posts an idiotic tweet about Mika Brezinkski all the celebrities, news channels and late night TV hosts would spend minutes talking about it and create such a huge deal out of it, whereas there is complete lack of reporting or spreading awareness of the massive crimes against humanities being committed in the brutal Inhumane Saudi Regime (14 people being beheaded for attending democracy demonstrations) http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world-0/us-politics/donald-trump-saudi-arabia-mujtaba-a-al-sweikat-arrest-airport-riyadh-west-michigan-university-a7850226.html?amp

or the crimes committed by the apartheid state of Israel against the Gaza Strip (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTYjquldtAg) or the fact that the United Sates is trying to pass a bill that suppresses freedom of speech, what a ****ing freedom loving country isn't it? More like its bestie Saudi to me.

Or how about the fact that Netanhyahu privately telling European leaders concerns for Palestinian rights is "crazy" but it got broadcast to media accidentally? So to all those ultra (right and left) extremists - being concerned about Human rights is now crazy because what, the population that their concerned for are Muslims? Because I often see both ultra left and right wings on this site claiming Israel to be somewhat of a role model state in the Middle East, so that remark by its head is somehow justified isn't it? https://theintercept.com/2017/07/19/netanyahu-tells-european-leaders-concern-palestinian-rights-crazy/

Why aren't people talking about this crap? "Resistance" my f*cking *ss. It's become pop culture to throw that word around and oppose to anything trump says even if it means supporting the deep state (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jY1MiNfwcRg) , and ignoring the current critical issues occurring as we breath, current atrocities while only fighting for future ones.

And before you pin me down as liberal or conservative, I am f*cking none. I'm just some girl who reads a lot of f*cking crap (whether that's history, politics, political philosophy or whatever the ****) and don't just look at cnn and bbc for my f*cking news and actively participate in local community with all that I can give.

Oh and one more thing, whilst Trevor Noah and all the other late night hosts are hilarious, the way they kiss Big Brothers (obamas) as* makes me want to puke. I specifically name Trevor Noah because that episode about him encouraging Obama after his recent expensive speech to Wall Street - the same guy back in 2008 who ran a campaign of being against those *******s. Like people just forget that? All in the name of what? To oppose trump? Just to oppose trump people now encourage big brother making Wall Street speeches? Just to oppose trump people now posting comments about much rather having bush back? The criminal that started unjustifiable wars, that God-delusioned little f*ck?

Don't ****ing dare pin me down as a trump supporter either - I think he's a serial groping nincompoop and his cabinet should be facing resistance, but not by supporting the deep state, Big Brother Obama, God-delusioned Bush and concerning themselves with even when trump farts at the expense of reporting or spreading awareness about other more presently severe issues. And it annoys me that politics is just pop culture and whilst I'm happy people are more tuned in to politics in a way, they're also unaware of it in the same place and instead of fighting for human rights and justice, it's all about shouting loud about what is in "pop-culture" politics.

So I ask again: Why arent people flocking to the streets about all the other more pressing and grave issues, besides (or even including) what trump says he'll do in the future? Why aren't people talking about all the other much more pressing and grave issues? Why aren't people spreading awareness about it the way they post their "solitary" posts in social media after a terrorist attack? Why aren't celebrities posting about it?

And I case you were wondering, they are rhetorical questions. stupid world with stupid sheeples that just want fun.
As Thucydides put it in Pericles funeral oration "we do not say a man who shows no interest in politics is a man who minds his own business; we say he has no business here at all".

Rant done.
:borat:
nice essay
FCKING HELL, how much you writing?
Excellent points made here.
Original post by ZiggyStardust_
Excellent points made here.

Thank you and thanks for the rep. I've been thinking this way for a while now and needed to make a post/write it down or I would've burst inside.
tl;dr
be nice
Original post by cbreef
:borat:
Original post by study beats
nice essay

Did you read it? If so, I'd love to get your opinions to the points made.

Original post by AryanGh
tl;dr
be nice

That's a shame. Would've loved to know other's opinion on serious issues such as the ones mentioned as all that seems to go around TSR now a days is if girls would date guys and vice versa that they met here.
Back when I used it in 2013 on my old account it seemed to have been much more about debating politics etc.
Original post by transient life
Did you read it? If so, I'd love to get your opinions to the points made.

That's a shame. Would've loved to know other's opinion on serious issues such as the ones mentioned as all that seems to go around TSR now a days is if girls would date guys and vice versa that they met here.
Back when I used it in 2013 on my old account it seemed to have been much more about debating politics etc.

I, do, indeed, have quite a few opinions on these kinds of issues (especially since my country is housing Edward Snowden right now- dual Russian-Iranian). However I have given up on the prospect of civil discourse and TSR, it's just not what it used to be.

I'm not going to give my opinions on the Israel-Palestine conflict as saying my thoughts on this could lead to some bad repurcussions for me if I go to my home country on visit (Iran is historically anti-Israel, even on the back of my passport it says 'The owner is prohibited from visiting occupied Palestine'.

1) I too agree with your thoughts on modern day political thought, this pop culture rhetoric (almost always from the pro-Hilary or the left) has gotten out of hand and frankly isn't benefiting or helping the ease and transition of government, it was funny for the first week or two, nowadays it's just wasting breath, even the far-right Trump support wouldn't draw it out for THIS long, only democracy if you get it your way, right?

Call me biased because I'm Russian, but this collusion thing is nonsense, and at this point pointless, not only does it berate the states and citizens who vote for him, belittling their opinions as illegitimate. But additionally, they managed to find a Redditor who shared a CNN meme, but in 6+ months they haven't managed to find a SOLID connection.

Additionally, Russia haven't benefited at all, infact, Trump has threatened to make the sanctions upon our country even worse than under Obama for the role it took with siding with Al-Assad (I'm not going to talk about my opinion on him, that's suicide on this forum). The persistence of the sanctions is testament, and the continued US troop and NATO deployments show that US hasn't just jumped ship and sided with the historically Anti-Nato Russian Federation.

Don't get me wrong, me and Trump don't always see eye-to-eye, (Iranians were banned from going after all, not for me anymore, as I have immediate family in the US who sponsored my Visa). But this is a democracy and we must respect the decisions of others and not make washed up tweet analysis and focus on the things that matter, not focusing all your time and resources into tenuous Russia connections whilst thousands die in wars in other countries.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending