The Student Room Group

Lack of confidence, and can I take this further?

So I recently met this girl and I feel like we've got a great connection going, and we speak literally every day. Although since we met up I've been super busy with exams the last two days and I believe she's been studying for her exams Friday.

She seem's really into me, by smiling at me and showing a real interest, we hugged a few times and she kept playing with her hair a lot around me. We both broke the touch barrier quite a bit and she didn't seem uncomfortable around me.

I feel so lacking in confidence as it seems so unrealistic because she's an extremely pretty girl and I feel like it's too good to be true? This Saturday she leaves to go home for the Summer, but she's told me she'd love to see me when she's back.

Everytime I mention us doing something, it's not I'd like too. It's I'd love too! It's also like she kind of knows I like her, and is just playing it cool?

One girl said to me, I should ask her if she wants to be more than just friends. Even though at the moment it's progressing slowly each day and we've got a good rapport going. Wouldn't this ruin it? Especially if she likes me but is playing it rather cool? But do you have to really do that?
Reply 1
Original post by ConcordeBA
So I recently met this girl and I feel like we've got a great connection going, and we speak literally every day. Although since we met up I've been super busy with exams the last two days and I believe she's been studying for her exams Friday.

She seem's really into me, by smiling at me and showing a real interest, we hugged a few times and she kept playing with her hair a lot around me. We both broke the touch barrier quite a bit and she didn't seem uncomfortable around me.

I feel so lacking in confidence as it seems so unrealistic because she's an extremely pretty girl and I feel like it's too good to be true? This Saturday she leaves to go home for the Summer, but she's told me she'd love to see me when she's back.

Everytime I mention us doing something, it's not I'd like too. It's I'd love too! It's also like she kind of knows I like her, and is just playing it cool?

One girl said to me, I should ask her if she wants to be more than just friends. Even though at the moment it's progressing slowly each day and we've got a good rapport going. Wouldn't this ruin it? Especially if she likes me but is playing it rather cool? But do you have to really do that?

How long have you known her for? I don't think it's a bad thing to suggest it, I think it depends on whether you're ready to take that step. The thing is, you can't feel inferior to her, she may be beautiful but you should be happy that a girl that pretty is interested in you. Take it as a good thing!

What exams did you have?
Reply 3
Original post by UWS
How long have you known her for? I don't think it's a bad thing to suggest it, I think it depends on whether you're ready to take that step. The thing is, you can't feel inferior to her, she may be beautiful but you should be happy that a girl that pretty is interested in you. Take it as a good thing!

I think it's just over a month now, and I believe we met when she was first visiting. I contacted a few days later, we got on well - messages stopped then out of the blue she started talking to me 2 weekends ago which led to us meeting up earlier this week. So we haven't known eachother that long at all, but it's a back and forth motion and she seems to enjoy me appearing in her inbox.

I agree with you, and it's something I'll have to get use too especially if she does like me?

Original post by sweet boner
What exams did you have?

Ones for my job, she was really glad I passed them. Which was lovely to receive.

Ones for my job, she was really glad I passed them. Which was lovely to receive.

What is your job?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending