The Student Room Group

Just finished Phase 1 of NCS AMA

Hi, everybody. Just got back from Phase 1 of NCS and I've enjoyed every part of it. I know people are going on NCS soon or may be thinking of going next year etc. Here is the place to ask me any questions regarding Phase 1.

Notes:
I will aim to reply to all comments ASAP. :smile:
Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics
Hi, everybody. Just got back from Phase 1 of NCS and I've enjoyed every part of it. I know people are going on NCS soon or may be thinking of going next year etc. Here is the place to ask me any questions regarding Phase 1.

Notes:
I will aim to reply to all comments ASAP. :smile:

What activities did you do? And how long did you spend doing them? Was the food good? If you stayed in tents were the tents roomy?
Reply 2
Original post by dat.sour.ting
What activities did you do? And how long did you spend doing them? Was the food good? If you stayed in tents were the tents roomy?

Hi, there. In Phase 1, I went to Parkwood Outdoors Dolygaer in Merthyr Tydfil, Wales. Depending on where you are going, it is not guaranteed that you will get service and/or WiFi. Personally, I got none of that and the only time you get service is if you reach to the top of the hill or something like that. Activity wise I did the following: Canoeing, Sub-Boarding (whatever it is called), Hill Walking, Bushcraft (making tents and cooking food in the wild), Gorge Walking (Walking on stones and water) and rock climbing (on a mountain). In terms of food, don't have high expectations because otherwise you will be disappointed. However, the food is tolerable - we have croissants or English breakfast for Breakfast, we get some sandwich bun for Lunch and for dinner you have a variety of food like pasta and curry. Personally I didn't say in a tent so I can't explain what it was like but @CoffeeGeek did and I'm sure he'll be happy to explain how that was like. I stayed in a dormitory with four others, it's genuinely alright but things like having a shower and when to sleep are a bit annoying - people staying up late to having to agree on who showers when. Hope that helps. :smile:
Hi, there. In Phase 1, I went to Parkwood Outdoors Dolygaer in Merthyr Tydfil, Wales. Depending on where you are going, it is not guaranteed that you will get service and/or WiFi. Personally, I got none of that and the only time you get service is if you reach to the top of the hill or something like that. Activity wise I did the following: Canoeing, Sub-Boarding (whatever it is called), Hill Walking, Bushcraft (making tents and cooking food in the wild), Gorge Walking (Walking on stones and water) and rock climbing (on a mountain). In terms of food, don't have high expectations because otherwise you will be disappointed. However, the food is tolerable - we have croissants or English breakfast for Breakfast, we get some sandwich bun for Lunch and for dinner you have a variety of food like pasta and curry. Personally I didn't say in a tent so I can't explain what it was like but @CoffeeGeek did and I'm sure he'll be happy to explain how that was like. I stayed in a dormitory with four others, it's genuinely alright but things like having a shower and when to sleep are a bit annoying - people staying up late to having to agree on who showers when. Hope that helps. :smile:

Ok that sounds some what fine so im prepared, thanks and hope you continue having a great time :smile:
Reply 4
Ok that sounds some what fine so im prepared, thanks and hope you continue having a great time :smile:

Thank you. Hopefully you will enjoy yours as well. :smile:
Did you camp? How was it?
Reply 6
Original post by TheAlchemistress
Did you camp? How was it?

No I didn't go camping. But if you want to know how I got on read above response. Hope that helps. :smile:
Lol reminds me when i was give a tarp to lay on the floor and a sleeping bag.

Boys dont need tents apparently when its like -500650degrees in the middle of nowhere , so we just roamed around all night
Reply 8
Original post by TSR Mustafa
Lol reminds me when i was give a tarp to lay on the floor and a sleeping bag.

Boys dont need tents apparently when its like -500650degrees in the middle of nowhere , so we just roamed around all night

lol at least I stayed in a dormitory so sleeping and showering was calm. Had I not, I would have probably had a slightly more difficult time.

We didn't really stay in tents we were in glamps, which were bigger tents. It was a bit roomy, but there was no heating and there was only some solar panels connected to batteries with a few USB ports.

Did quite a lot of activities, including a really long hike. You spend most of the day doing activities with breaks and lunch in between. There is some wave time, where you play games with the whole group you went on NCS with. Then we had review meetings where we just talk about the day and how we feel. Then bed!

The food was not very good... I would say take a lot of snacks with you to keep your belly topped up which is what I did.
Original post by CoffeeGeek
We didn't really stay in tents we were in glamps, which were bigger tents. It was a bit roomy, but there was no heating and there was only some solar panels connected to batteries with a few USB ports.

Did quite a lot of activities, including a really long hike. You spend most of the day doing activities with breaks and lunch in between. There is some wave time, where you play games with the whole group you went on NCS with. Then we had review meetings where we just talk about the day and how we feel. Then bed!

The food was not very good... I would say take a lot of snacks with you to keep your belly topped up which is what I did.

It pleases me that there usb ports 😅 and thankss
Reply 11
It pleases me that there usb ports 😅 and thankss

Bring an extension lead for Phase 1 is my advice ... There's not much charging points in the room I've stayed at.
Bring an extension lead for Phase 1 is my advice ... There's not much charging points in the room I've stayed at.

Yhh dw im bringing everything lol
Reply 13
Yhh dw im bringing everything lol

Spoiler

Spoiler

Famm i got it alll sortedd. Already got some big chunky suitcase 😂 where else am I supposed to put my food. I need food. I crave food. Food is bae. Food is life 😁
Reply 15
Famm i got it alll sortedd. Already got some big chunky suitcase 😂 where else am I supposed to put my food. I need food. I crave food. Food is bae. Food is life 😁

Indeed :P #FoodIsBae

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending