The Student Room Group

fat friend turned skinny

I used to be fat and I was treated like a subhuman. Not that I knew at the time. I was always treated like none of my problems mattered and if I did say anything I was being an attention wh*re. Now that I am skinny, most of these people have turned on me, they left me out of things, they will purposely ignore my message and talk to people that (their words) "aren't that close with".

If I send a picture of what I'm going to be wearing (because they asked) then they'd make it out as if I'm showing off.

Oh I should mention, I have a pretty face and now I have a body to match, so I think my "friends" don't want to know me anymore.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I used to be fat and I was treated like a subhuman. Not that I knew at the time. I was always treated like none of my problems mattered and if I did say anything I was being an attention wh*re. Now that I am skinny, most of these people have turned on me, they left me out of things, they will purposely ignore my message and talk to people that (their words) "aren't that close with".

If I send a picture of what I'm going to be wearing (because they asked) then they'd make it out as if I'm showing off.

Oh I should mention, I have a pretty face and now I have a body to match, so I think my "friends" don't want to know me anymore.

Are you a girl? I find that girls get jealous of each other very easily especially when it involves physical attributes/attraction. Guys on the other hand don't really bother than much (not all of course). As I guy who used to be fat and unappreciated (who now is much fitter than average) I get a lot more respect from both men and women, it is unbelievable and feels so shallow but it has worked out for the better, so who am I to complain?

I say, move away from them and move up if you get what I mean, basically make new friends on your level. :wink: Get yourself out with new people as much as you can.
your friends didn't want you to change, they wanted you to stay fat. 99% of people are like this, stay away from them, jealous *****.
They're just mirin' brah

It is common enough, just find new friends. It shouldnt matter whether you are fat or thin.

Go and talk on the mfp forums and you will get all sorts of experiences from people who lost weight, their feelings and experiences.
So I'm someone who is still that fat friend. Can I just get tips on how to loose weight sustainably? I've tried and failed many times.
Reply 6
Are you a girl? I find that girls get jealous of each other very easily especially when it involves physical attributes/attraction. Guys on the other hand don't really bother than much (not all of course). As I guy who used to be fat and unappreciated (who now is much fitter than average) I get a lot more respect from both men and women, it is unbelievable and feels so shallow but it has worked out for the better, so who am I to complain?

I say, move away from them and move up if you get what I mean, basically make new friends on your level. :wink: Get yourself out with new people as much as you can.

Yes I am a girl, but I guess it hurts if you've known those people for quite long.

Is this normal- my brother got jealous of me for losing weight...
Yes I am a girl, but I guess it hurts if you've known those people for quite long.

Is this normal- my brother got jealous of me for losing weight...

Lol yeh I suppose, my parents are always competing with each other. :smile:

Your gonna meet people who will be jealous of you and try and put you down but **** them and do what you must to be the best you can be. If your friends are holding you back then they must be left behind. Obviously speak with them and stay on good terms but meet new people and who knows you may meet much better people and new friendships will start. :h:

There not true friends cause there not happy for you.
I say FOOK THEM
They sound jealous
since year 7 my friendship group has consisted of about 20 girls and in year 7-11 one of our friends in the group was the 'fat friend', she's lost a lot of weight recently like i reckon she's gone from a size 16 to a size 10 in a year, she's still losing weight and i think in time she might be a size 6-8 like the rest of us, I'm so happy for her but A LOT of my friends aren't. Everyone has been kinda cold with her recently, and at a party the other night she was drunk and upset and told one of the girls that we were all being mean to her for no reason, I personally haven't done anything wrong and have remained neutral but ik a lot of my friends are probably jealous of her transformation, I've noticed one friend in particular trying to sabotage her diet, the girl is kinda clueless so I stepped in and told my friend to stop ruining her diet and progress, but i mean I can only see this going one way and that is that the girl will be kicked out of the group.
I do think they sound jealous...

"I have a pretty face and now a body to go with it"

Lmao this ^^ sounds narcissist tbh.
since year 7 my friendship group has consisted of about 20 girls and in year 7-11 one of our friends in the group was the 'fat friend', she's lost a lot of weight recently like i reckon she's gone from a size 16 to a size 10 in a year, she's still losing weight and i think in time she might be a size 6-8 like the rest of us, I'm so happy for her but A LOT of my friends aren't. Everyone has been kinda cold with her recently, and at a party the other night she was drunk and upset and told one of the girls that we were all being mean to her for no reason, I personally haven't done anything wrong and have remained neutral but ik a lot of my friends are probably jealous of her transformation, I've noticed one friend in particular trying to sabotage her diet, the girl is kinda clueless so I stepped in and told my friend to stop ruining her diet and progress, but i mean I can only see this going one way and that is that the girl will be kicked out of the group.

Ur group sounds more like a clique, was she only in it so the rest of u could feel prettier ?
Interesting how u never once call the fat girl ur friend but always call the bullies ur friends
Why don't u stand up for her ?
Ur group sounds more like a clique, was she only in it so the rest of u could feel prettier ?
Interesting how u never once call the fat girl ur friend but always call the bullies ur friends
Why don't u stand up for her ?

I have stood up for her before, and my friends stop for a while after I've said something to them but I just don't think there's much else I can do? I can't force them to like her, most of them are my best friends I'm not going to side with anyone I prefer to stay out of things like this.
Who knew getting gains was the key to finding out who your real friends are :lol: Just gave my mates ammo for banter - past example lines include:

"Oop, were outside a mirror shop, you want us to leave you here for a while Clark?"

*we spot a hot girl at the bar* "Clark's gonna go up and stand next to her now and start pretending to scratch his head so she can see his biceps!"

"Ah FFS, some c*** has blocked my car in!" "Ah that's alright - Clark, pick it up and move it would ya?"

:rofl: Clark is my nickname btw.

They sound like fake friends :< They should be happy for you, that's what supportive mates do. You shouldn't be made to feel insecure about your huge achievement!! I always say everything happens for a reason; so perhaps they were never meant to be your friends in the first place.

I'd say focus on inspiring others with your transformation story- and don't waste your energy thinking about them. .

Sooo..how did you achieve the weight loss- tell us ya secrets? :biggrin:
(edited 6 years ago)
It used to be Superman but they decided it was too flattering, so Clark Kent it was :lol: Ugh yep, had that one, we were at Pizza Hut once and my mate was rattling off our order to the waitress and went "Which one of your pizzas has got the most protein? Our bodybuilder mate over here will shrivel up if he doesn't eat protein every hour" :rofl: Bell-ends.
Girl ! It shouldn't matter what size you are or how you look you should always be confident and content with yourself, you shouldn't even look for comfort from other ppl even these friends of yours. At least now you know where you and them stand and you should grow up and move on with your life and definitely meet better ppl. I'm saying this because I've witnessed friendships groups that always only have a that one friend who isn't on the same level as them and they like to keep it that away cos they feel better about them selves it's pathetic really 🙄
They are really being pathetic, I'd say move on and get on with your life you don't need that kind of no ones in your life
Reply 19

this is accurate. Girls are petty

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending