The Student Room Group

complicated situation ☹️

hi guys

so basically theres this guy that i like & recently we've been talking quite often. He makes me laugh a lot and is really kind.

Today he told me that he likes my bestfriend, and asked me if she likes him back. I dont think that she does - but he said he wants me to ask her and wants to try.

i feel like **** & dont know what to do. I want to help him, but cant stop feeling horrible about myself. The three of us are the only ones in our friendship group that aren't in a relationship.

Help

Scroll to see replies

Well thats *****y, but all you can do is move forward.
Attachment not found
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
hi guys

so basically theres this guy that i like & recently we've been talking quite often. He makes me laugh a lot and is really kind.

Today he told me that he likes my bestfriend, and asked me if she likes him back. I dont think that she does - but he said he wants me to ask her and wants to try.

i feel like **** & dont know what to do. I want to help him, but cant stop feeling horrible about myself. The three of us are the only ones in our friendship group that aren't in a relationship.

Help

Be honest. What's the point of liking him if he doesn't like you. Waste of energy.

There's plenty of other people about.

Do the right thing.
hi guys

Help

I mean THAT IS SAVAGE. You liked him but he went for your best friend. That must seriously hurt but just help him but he may be using you to get to her.
hehe
Reply 5
yea
Original post by Fermion.
Well thats *****y, but all you can do is move forward.

Yeah it is *****y
Reply 6
Original post by SGHD26716
Be honest. What's the point of liking him if he doesn't like you. Waste of energy.

There's plenty of other people about.

Do the right thing.

who do i be honest with? If i tell him i like him i know our friendship will be ruined
Reply 7
who do i be honest with? If i tell him i like him i know our friendship will be ruined

Be honest with yourself. You know he doesn't like you so you have to move on.

You don't have to tell him
Reply 8
Original post by sweet boner
I mean THAT IS SAVAGE. You liked him but he went for your best friend. That must seriously hurt but just help him but he may be using you to get to her.
hehe

yeah it hurts like a *****. I feel like im not good enough - because if they get together then i'll be the only one in our group thats not in a relationship.

we talked and he asked me how he can get her to like him back so i gave him honest advice.
Reply 9
Be honest with yourself. You know he doesn't like you so you have to move on.

You don't have to tell him

I see. Thank you - i guess i do have to move on. it just really ****ing sucks because hes the one guy that i could genuinely see myself in a relationship with
Reply 10
I see. Thank you - i guess i do have to move on. it just really ****ing sucks because hes the one guy that i could genuinely see myself in a relationship with

I guess that's a limitation of life. Can't have it all your way but I'm sure you'll find someone.
I guess that's a limitation of life. Can't have it all your way but I'm sure you'll find someone.

yeah i guess you're right- thank you my friend
Reply 12
yeah i guess you're right- thank you my friend

No problem
hi guys

Help

1. Already pointed out it has t work both ways.
2. Just either ignore his request or tell him it wouldnt feel right for you yo arrange dates and that his best chance would be if he sorted it out himself.
Original post by 999tigger
1. Already pointed out it has t work both ways.
2. Just either ignore his request or tell him it wouldnt feel right for you yo arrange dates and that his best chance would be if he sorted it out himself.

thanks man
If you tell him that you like him he may take advantage of you e.g. he says he likes you then you two get together, get intimate etc. He gets laid and then as soon as he sees he has a chance with your friend he dumps you. So going out with him seems like a no-no, if he really liked you he would've told you. All I can say is that you can be a friend and set him up with your friend, it it works then good for them, at least your still friends. Alternatively just ignore what he said and carry on with life and find someone new to love.
i 100% agree with you. Hes not the only fish in the sea. Thanks
Have you told your best friend?
Cut all three out and focus on being the best version of yourself instead.
Original post by LostYouth
Cut all three out and focus on being the best version of yourself instead.

*both of them.

Quick Reply

Latest