The Student Room Group

Funding.

Hi, im going to be 19 by the time my course starts. I dont hold a level 2 or 3 qualification. I was able to secure funding for a he nursing course but have now applied for AAT level 2 and AAT Fast track level 3 courses with a local college. My interview isnt until late august and the college is completely closed so i cant get any further information.

Does anyone know if i will be able to get funding? I know i might be able to get an advanced learner loan, but would i have it for free as it is with the HE ACCESS level 2 and 3 qualifications?

Thank you so much.
Original post by peachysupreme
Hi, im going to be 19 by the time my course starts. I dont hold a level 2 or 3 qualification. I was able to secure funding for a he nursing course but have now applied for AAT level 2 and AAT Fast track level 3 courses with a local college. My interview isnt until late august and the college is completely closed so i cant get any further information.

Does anyone know if i will be able to get funding? I know i might be able to get an advanced learner loan, but would i have it for free as it is with the HE ACCESS level 2 and 3 qualifications?

Thank you so much.

ALL loans are only written off for access courses (and only then once a student completes a degree).

Loans for other courses are not written off.
Original post by PQ
ALL loans are only written off for access courses (and only then once a student completes a degree).

Loans for other courses are not written off.

Hi, no, under the current gov scheme if you're 19-24 and don't hold a full level 2 or 3 qual your course is free

Thanks for your help anyway
Original post by peachysupreme
Hi, no, under the current gov scheme if you're 19-24 and don't hold a full level 2 or 3 qual your course is free

Thanks for your help anyway

I wasn't talking about free courses - I was talking about Advanced Learning Loans for Access courses which are written off after a degree. They're only written off for Access courses and not for other level 3 courses.
Original post by PQ
I wasn't talking about free courses - I was talking about Advanced Learning Loans for Access courses which are written off after a degree. They're only written off for Access courses and not for other level 3 courses.

Yeah they loan is free regardless if you don't have a 2/3 qual man. It's not about whether you go to degree that happens though if you already have a 2/3 qual. I had this discussion and filled in the form a couple weeks ago regarding the access.

Thanks again

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending