The Student Room Group

Summer Revision?

I was wondering if anyone currently in year 10 is going to revise over the summer holiday in preparation for the exams in year 11 since the exams are going to include all of the content from year 10 up until year 11?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by salex413
I was wondering if anyone currently in year 10 is going to revise over the summer holiday in preparation for the exams in year 11 since the exams are going to include all of the content from year 10 up until year 11?

Personally, I didn't revise in this break but it might be a good idea to do little bits of revision, maybe a couple of hours a week. Not only will this help you keep the info in your head but it will also make sure that you keep in the swing of studying for next year :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Amefish
Personally, I didn't revise in this break but it might be a good idea to do little bits of revision, maybe a couple of hours a week. Not only will this help you keep the info in your head but it will also make sure that you keep in the swing of studying for next year :smile:

Yeah I was thinking the same, my plan is to do a subject a week (mainly focus on the ones i am finding difficult at the moment) and not work too hard because ultimately it is a holiday...
...but i'll see how far i stick to that plan :colondollar:

I plan too. I say plan bc you never know if I will just give up. I do think I will tho simply because I usually enjoy studying. I will work on completing all content. Year 10 and year 11. :smile: how about you?

Edit: just seen your reply to someone else
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 4
Our school set us a lot of summer homework so we kind of have to 🙄.
But besides that I know that I'm going to go over some maths at least, so that I don't forget any of it, and maybe do some light revision with the other subjects.

I have just finished year 11 and although I didn't start any revision until my year 11 mocks, I really wish I had started earlier. If I were you I would make some revision materials for some of the work you have covered in year 10, eg some flashcards for science, mindmaps/essay plans for English...just because if you have some materials ready to use in year 11 you will be so thankful!
I'd say prepare all of the flash cards and revision resources particularly for English literature because it makes life a lot easier when you start revising - you can just begin learning rather than having to make the stuff then starting learning.
Reply 7
Original post by Mosope17
I plan too. I say plan bc you never know if I will just give up. I do think I will tho simply because I usually enjoy studying. I will work on completing all content. Year 10 and year 11. :smile: how about you?

Edit: just seen your reply to someone else

Yup, in the mean time I've been trying to complete my ICT coursework and i definitely think i will try and finish making my revision material that covers all of year 10 content and possibly start year 11.
Good luck if your doing any revision too and take it easy because it's a holiday :smile:
Yup, in the mean time I've been trying to complete my ICT coursework and i definitely think i will try and finish making my revision material that covers all of year 10 content and possibly start year 11.
Good luck if your doing any revision too and take it easy because it's a holiday :smile:

Okkie. Day one was good so hopefully today's revision will be good too.
Reply 9
Original post by R_S30
Our school set us a lot of summer homework so we kind of have to 🙄.
But besides that I know that I'm going to go over some maths at least, so that I don't forget any of it, and maybe do some light revision with the other subjects.

To be honest, it's pretty good from the school so that everyone needs to do some work over the holiday because i presume the majority wouldn't do much.
Yup it's always good to recap maths because you can forget it easily :tongue:
Reply 10
Original post by itslibby
I have just finished year 11 and although I didn't start any revision until my year 11 mocks, I really wish I had started earlier. If I were you I would make some revision materials for some of the work you have covered in year 10, eg some flashcards for science, mindmaps/essay plans for English...just because if you have some materials ready to use in year 11 you will be so thankful!

Yeah that's the main purpose why i am going to do revision over the holiday because I also don't want to be too stressed when it comes nearer to exams, hopefully i will be able to do well because i would already have all the revision material for year 10 and when it comes to revising for the exams it really is going to be just quick recapping.
Good luck on your results day I'm sure you would have done really well :h:
Reply 11
Original post by danielwinstanley
I'd say prepare all of the flash cards and revision resources particularly for English literature because it makes life a lot easier when you start revising - you can just begin learning rather than having to make the stuff then starting learning.

Yeah, I'm going to try and cover all of year 10 content for all subjects and make revision material. Luckily I did English Literature this year so that's one down :biggrin:
Reply 12
Okkie. Day one was good so hopefully today's revision will be good too.

What have you done so far and what is your plan?
if i was revising over the holidays i would do some extra academic reading on the topics that i know i will be studying next year, sofamiliarise yourself with the content and hopeully you will b ahead of eveeryone else in class
What have you done so far and what is your plan?

This is going to sound sooo plug like but I have a grow your grades thread where I put everything I do so it's easier than explaining is all here.
Basically geography and chemistry and some Spanish.
I am starting later today bc busy but hopefully will do more geo,chem and Spanish. Then I will do physics, Dr Jekyll and Elizabethan etc. 😀
Reply 15
This is going to sound sooo plug like but I have a grow your grades thread where I put everything I do so it's easier than explaining is all here.
Basically geography and chemistry and some Spanish.
I am starting later today bc busy but hopefully will do more geo,chem and Spanish. Then I will do physics, Dr Jekyll and Elizabethan etc. 😀

Sounds good! I'll have a look at your thread too :smile:
Hi :smile: I've just finished year 10 and am revising. 1 subject per day, going over stuff I've forgotten or don't understand fully. So nervous for year 11 but so excited too :biggrin: Any ideas about what A levels/BTECs/apprenticeships you'll be applying to?
Reply 17
Original post by ImReady!
if i was revising over the holidays i would do some extra academic reading on the topics that i know i will be studying next year, sofamiliarise yourself with the content and hopeully you will b ahead of eveeryone else in class

Yes, as well as doing revision material for all of year 10 content, i will be reading ahead in my revision book so that i know what i am expecting and understand parts of the content for next year
Reply 18
Original post by Pepsi_Max
Hi :smile: I've just finished year 10 and am revising. 1 subject per day, going over stuff I've forgotten or don't understand fully. So nervous for year 11 but so excited too :biggrin: Any ideas about what A levels/BTECs/apprenticeships you'll be applying to?

Yeah same I'm so nervous to start year 11 but also excited because I can't wait until I finish all my exams!:colone: I'm thinking of doing A-Levels in Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Psychology. How about you, have you thought about it?
Yeah that's the main purpose why i am going to do revision over the holiday because I also don't want to be too stressed when it comes nearer to exams, hopefully i will be able to do well because i would already have all the revision material for year 10 and when it comes to revising for the exams it really is going to be just quick recapping.
Good luck on your results day I'm sure you would have done really well :h:

Thank you, good luck with all of your revision & your GCSEs!:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest