Article: UK's first degree apprentices graduate with top grades

Watch
shooks
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
The UK's first university degree apprentices have graduated, with seven of the 11 students achieving first class honours.

Each of the students earned a degree in digital and technology solutions from Aston University, following four and a half years of study. The other four all achieved second-class degrees.

Read more >>
999tigger
Report 4 years ago
They can afford to recruit the best plus ofc all that exposure to real work plus money is going to give them a massive advantage.
Wotitsface
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
They can afford to recruit the best plus ofc all that exposure to real work plus money is going to give them a massive advantage.
(Original post by shooks)
The UK's first university degree apprentices have graduated, with seven of the 11 students achieving first class honours.

Each of the students earned a degree in digital and technology solutions from Aston University, following four and a half years of study. The other four all achieved second-class degrees.

Read more >>

What I don't understand is the bsc digital and technological soultions- Is it seen as a viable or good degree? I've never heard of a degree called that. It sounds too good to be true to me
999tigger
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Wotitsface)
What I don't understand is the bsc digital and technological soultions- Is it seen as a viable or good degree? I've never heard of a degree called that. It sounds too good to be true to me
They can work with the uni to make sure the course covers the areas as a business they want their trainees to know about.
Paigestevens163
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Wotitsface)
It does sound good, that’s because it is! It’s a lot of hard work (I’m currently in year 2 with Capgemini on this programme) but it’s all worth it in the end!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (11)
12.79%
I need help researching courses (7)
8.14%
I need help with filling out the application form (5)
5.81%
I need help with my personal statement (35)
40.7%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (22)
25.58%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.33%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (4)
4.65%

Watched Threads