The Student Room Group

Life After University

Does anyone have any advice about what to do after university?I've just graduated from university with a 2:1 after three years in university. Most people I know have already been successful in finding a job/ a masters course. With this in mind I am under a great amount of pressure from family to start a new career.However I now feel as though my degree (ancient civilisations) is useless, I can't find any training jobs within museums/ the heritage sector and I don't want to stay in my home town. I have been looking and applied for jobs but my applications have all been refused. Additionally I don't think I'll be a suitable candidate for further study.After university I feel very isolated and adrift.Does anyone on here have any advice about what to do?
Original post by AmyLou53
Does anyone have any advice about what to do after university?I've just graduated from university with a 2:1 after three years in university. Most people I know have already been successful in finding a job/ a masters course. With this in mind I am under a great amount of pressure from family to start a new career.However I now feel as though my degree (ancient civilisations) is useless, I can't find any training jobs within museums/ the heritage sector and I don't want to stay in my home town. I have been looking and applied for jobs but my applications have all been refused. Additionally I don't think I'll be a suitable candidate for further study.After university I feel very isolated and adrift.Does anyone on here have any advice about what to do?

Get a part-time job while you look for something better, it'll increase your self-esteem and give you something to do during the day.
Original post by Cubone-r
Get a part-time job while you look for something better, it'll increase your self-esteem and give you something to do during the day.

I agree, it will help to take the pressure off whilst you decide what to do next.

Also, does your uni have a careers service? As an alumnus you should be able to still use the service, and they can help you get started.

Best of luck!
Reply 3
Original post by AmyLou53

Yeah try working perhaps or start a business in your chosen industry. I think making money getting your own place and independence is an important goal regardless of your degree...Down the road consider further study or training.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending