The Student Room Group

The National Citizenship Service (NCS) discussion and help thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheAlchemistress
They called me today but because I didn't recognize the number I cut the phone call. Am trying to call but it's not going through.

It's probably a confirmation of whether you're still going on NCS or something about the information evening. Personally, I didn't attend the information evening.
Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics
It's probably a confirmation of whether you're still going on NCS or something about the information evening. Personally, I didn't attend the information evening.

Okay, that's fine then.
Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics

Did you bring any causal clothing? Like jeans or t-shirts on the first phase?
Did you bring any causal clothing? Like jeans or t-shirts on the first phase?

http://www.ncsthechallenge.org/summer-guide/ - Refer to this guide. :smile:
I'm going on 5th August from London too!
I need to think of games that can be played by 100 people. So far we have come up with games that are not that suitable for large groups.
All ideas will be appreciated.

Many thanks
Doiactuallycare
Anyone going on the 5th August from Barnet?
Original post by doiactuallycare
I need to think of games that can be played by 100 people. So far we have come up with games that are not that suitable for large groups.
All ideas will be appreciated.

Many thanks
Doiactuallycare

Games with 100 people? I doubt that will actually happen during wave time although, the SMs, PL and APL try to get everyone involved. Also it does depends on space ...
It didn't happen. To be honest when the two important mentor's leave it all falls downhill. As in my instance the replacement's could lead or do anything proactive to make it more fun as the other two did in the first and second week. Still had fun though.
Original post by HarryAsh
I go to 'NCS The Challenge' on 13th August Bradford/Leeds, anyone else?

I am
It didn't happen. To be honest when the two important mentor's leave it all falls downhill. As in my instance the replacement's could lead or do anything proactive to make it more fun as the other two did in the first and second week. Still had fun though.

Glad you had fun. I'm in the final phase of NCS now, Phase 3B of the social action. In terms of wave games, the senior mentors or program leaders (if they're with you) doesn't necessarily have to lead the games but I can understand the frustration when the games they play during wave time doesn't exactly work out.
I need to think of games that can be played by 100 people.

I've just finished NCS and we attempted a huge game of splat. There were about 60 of us and it was great and very confusing- as long as everyone is up for it, it's good fun. However, usually the huge group of 120 in phase 2 was split into 6 smaller groups to do games. Most of them were competitive so each team had to figure out a way to complete a task in the shortest span of time and then all the teams would come together and compete to see who would finish first. I think these kind of games would be best- if there's too much activity involved then with that many kids someone is bound to get hurt.
I need help with ideas for potbelly Dragons den pitch. We have the idea of posters, but that's pretty much it. We can't have power points or a projector.
I need help with ideas for potbelly Dragons den pitch. We have the idea of posters, but that's pretty much it. We can't have power points or a projector.

The public love free stuff, e.g free facepaint or something. And if the dragons are like where's the profit coming from. You can just say "donations are welcome but we are focusing more on spreading awareness"
Anyone going 1st July Manchester???
Just applied for this for after GCSEs this year. Anyone going Reigate on 5th July?
I’ve seen a lot of people freaking out about NCS later this year so I thought I’d make a thread to help people get to know each other.

Name:
Interests:
:hello:

I've moved your thread into the Volunteering forum. There's already a few threads about NCS in here so I'd suggest having a look at those.:wink:
Whose going NCS in july???
Original post by _solitary_
Whose going NCS in july???

Yeah I am, I'm going on wave 2. I paid on Monday. By July do you mean you are going on wave 2 or wave 3.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending