The Student Room Group

Have I just been irritating her?

So I have this friend that I fancy. We used to text every day.
I decided the best way to get over her was to stop initiating anything (texts, meetups etc...) and since I stopped initiating 2 weeks ago I've basically not heard anything from her at all!

Have I just been irritating her if, after I stop initiating, she doesn't speak to me at all!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
So I have this friend that I fancy. We used to text every day.
I decided the best way to get over her was to stop initiating anything (texts, meetups etc...) and since I stopped initiating 2 weeks ago I've basically not heard anything from her at all!

Have I just been irritating her if, after I stop initiating, she doesn't speak to me at all!

Just text asking how she is and that its a been a while since youve chatted etc
If you don't chat she'll lose interest, some girls don't have the t!ts to message guys first. But the chances are that she doesn't see you in that way, like how hard is it to send a message? Ask her what she thinks of you then if she replies positively then ask her out. This is best done in person.
If she's not initiating anything..

Spoiler

Reply 4
Original post by Jack22031994
Just text asking how she is and that its a been a while since youve chatted etc

I did and I got a 1 word reply
I did and I got a 1 word reply

Oh okay :frown: What was it?

I'm trying to relate as my bestfriend is a girl (I dont fancy her though), and we can go 2+ weeks without talking at it doesnt matter etc but I guess everyone is different.
Reply 6
Oh okay :frown: What was it?

I'm trying to relate as my bestfriend is a girl (I dont fancy her though), and we can go 2+ weeks without talking at it doesnt matter etc but I guess everyone is different.

I said how's your holiday and she replied "sunburnt"....
I said how's your holiday and she replied "sunburnt"....

oh okay - I'd reply saying something like "Aww okay haha - hope it clears up soon!, Anyway would you be free to ctach up sometime? As we havent spoken for a bit?"

I dont know what your friends sense of humour is though for the highlighted bit :tongue:
Reply 8
oh okay - I'd reply saying something like "Aww okay haha - hope it clears up soon!, Anyway would you be free to ctach up sometime? As we havent spoken for a bit?"

I dont know what your friends sense of humour is though for the highlighted bit :tongue:

haha. we used to meet up alot
but I told her I fancied her and since then she's been almost impossible to hang out with!
so I'm just wondering if she's keeping the friendship up to make me happy but isn't actually interested...so she'll only make an effort if I do but if I don't make the effort she doesn't want to either possibly because she's worried about leading me on?
haha. we used to meet up alot
but I told her I fancied her and since then she's been almost impossible to hang out with!
so I'm just wondering if she's keeping the friendship up to make me happy but isn't actually interested...so she'll only make an effort if I do but if I don't make the effort she doesn't want to either possibly because she's worried about leading me on?

Maybe yeah, as she doesnt have the same feelings for you?
Maybe yeah, as she doesnt have the same feelings for you?

No...she said she found the situation awkward when I told her
I would still like to be friends with her because I still like her as a person....
No...she said she found the situation awkward when I told her
I would still like to be friends with her because I still like her as a person....

Okay - maybe give her sometime as every day might be too intense. How long ago did you tell her?
Okay - maybe give her sometime as every day might be too intense. How long ago did you tell her?

Several months or so...at that time we went about a month without talking which was probably a good thing
We started talking again and I thought things were normalising but as I still fancied her and knew I had to get over her I just one day decided (about 2 weeks ago) not to initiate...and since then...nothing!
Several months or so...at that time we went about a month without talking which was probably a good thing
We started talking again and I thought things were normalising but as I still fancied her and knew I had to get over her I just one day decided (about 2 weeks ago) not to initiate...and since then...nothing!

Okay but she has been on holiday right?
Okay but she has been on holiday right?

ye...but she has her phone with her
ye...but she has her phone with her

Yeah but she is on holiday. She's not going to talk as much. I know I dont when I'm on holiday
Yeah but she is on holiday. She's not going to talk as much. I know I dont when I'm on holiday

ok, maybe...I suppose I'll find out when she gets back! haha
but assuming she doesn't initiate even then, is it better to assume she's not really interested in maintaing the friendship
I don't want to make her feel uncomfortable...I'd rather know when to stop than keep on pushing her
ok, maybe...I suppose I'll find out when she gets back! haha
but assuming she doesn't initiate even then, is it better to assume she's not really interested in maintaing the friendship

Yeah text her that you hope she enjoys the rest of her holiday and look forward to hearing about when she gets back.

You might be able to gauge what she wants from her reply to that I think
Yeah text her that you hope she enjoys the rest of her holiday and look forward to hearing about when she gets back.

You might be able to gauge what she wants from her reply to that I think

ok thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending