The Student Room Group

I'm worried!!!

Hi there, Im going to be in yr11 in September and my parents have booked a holiday to go to India for 4weeks as it's my mum's sister so we couldn't miss it! Basically I'm worried I'm going be behind in all lessons and miss like everything I'm going in November and so the Christmas period and my mum said it's fine u won't miss much cuz u just watch movies anuways and chill before holidays! And I have explained that I'll be behind she won't listen! Now that the tickets have been booked I am obviously going I'm worried I'll miss too much! And fail!!

Don't get the impression that my parents don't care about my education because they want me to do well and I have never went on holiday during a school term ever!! I am currently working at As and Bs in all subject except for maths a C but hopping for an A!!

Will I miss too much?? Wil I fail??

Excuse spelling errors pls!! Sorry about that!!
Original post by 13ANESHA02
Hi there, Im going to be in yr11 in September and my parents have booked a holiday to go to India for 4weeks as it's my mum's sister so we couldn't miss it! Basically I'm worried I'm going be behind in all lessons and miss like everything I'm going in November and so the Christmas period and my mum said it's fine u won't miss much cuz u just watch movies anuways and chill before holidays! And I have explained that I'll be behind she won't listen! Now that the tickets have been booked I am obviously going I'm worried I'll miss too much! And fail!!

Don't get the impression that my parents don't care about my education because they want me to do well and I have never went on holiday during a school term ever!! I am currently working at As and Bs in all subject except for maths a C but hopping for an A!!

You are doomed! No one has ever missed school before?! What were your parents thinking? You are going to be very far behind. Nooooo!

I am joking. Chill. Relax, enjoy your holiday. I can promise you that you will be fine. When I was in school we used to take weeks off school to play the new Call of Duty each year to get to prestige 10 before any of our mates, lol.
Reply 2
Original post by Cubone-r
You are doomed! No one has ever missed school before?! What were your parents thinking? You are going to be very far behind. Nooooo!

I am joking. Chill. Relax, enjoy your holiday. I can promise you that you will be fine. When I was in school we used to take weeks off school to play the new Call of Duty each year to get to prestige 10 before any of our mates, lol.

Lol!! Your reply made me smile!!! Thank you 😃
Original post by 13ANESHA02

4 weeks of school time? If so, you need to figure something out with teachers fast as to getting all your work from them to do in India. You'll also need to get a lesson plan and work on loads of the stuff as year 11 is very important.
Original post by That'sGreat
4 weeks of school time? If so, you need to figure something out with teachers fast as to getting all your work from them to do in India. You'll also need to get a lesson plan and work on loads of the stuff as year 11 is very important.

It's not that important in the grand scheme of things.
Reply 5

Yep!! That's exactly what I said to my parents that yr11 is very important, okay so I'll ask my teachers to give me all materials to learn. Thank you for replying! 😃
It's not that important in the grand scheme of things.

It is that important for GCSEs though
It is that important for GCSEs though

I don't think the poor kid has to necessarily worry about being taken out of school for four weeks though. What's the worst that's gonna happen? He might get a B instead of an A.. oh no.. the horror...
I don't think the poor kid has to necessarily worry about being taken out of school for four weeks though. What's the worst that's gonna happen? He might get a B instead of an A.. oh no.. the horror...

Some people might actually have ambition
Reply 9
Original post by chocolate dildo
FOOK ME. Your actually wanna stay for school rather than go on holiday? what is wrong with you?
Your not gonna miss Jack SHITE anyway

I guess I'm a nerd! 😱

I think you'll find that schools may not be that helpful when it comes to unauthorised absence. If a student swans off on holiday during term time then why do they have to do extra work to help?
Reply 11

haha 😂 playing call of duty was my childhood. I played black ops 2 all day.
Original post by Jahir
haha 😂 playing call of duty was my childhood. I played black ops 2 all day.

You are making me feel old now! My childhood was the original Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare!! :laugh:
Reply 13
You are making me feel old now! My childhood was the original Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare!! :laugh:

How old are you? MW2 was mainly my childhood 😂 COD 4 I mainly plained for glitches such as the bounces, out of map glitches etc 😂
Original post by Jahir
How old are you? MW2 was mainly my childhood 😂 COD 4 I mainly plained for glitches such as the bounces, out of map glitches etc 😂

I'm 23 in 2 months!
Reply 15
I'm 23 in 2 months!

your not that old 😂 never too old to play video games.

Quick Reply

Latest