Original post by Smack
Decent enough session tonight.

Squats:

157.5 x 5/5/5

Felt quite hard.

Press:

65 x 5/5/5
60 x 1/3

Not too bad. I don't think that trying to progress higher reps is the way forward but trying to add them in as back-off works well I think - just not tonight; maybe not enough rest.

Then home.

Why haven't you looked into non minimalist training? The volume you accumulate isn't good enough period it's bare confusing I didn't say anything because I assumed you had a game plan but it seems you're semi intuitively coming to the conclusions more volume = better results so maybe it's better for someone to tell you now that's 100% the case.

Just wanted to say that (best interests at heart obviously)
Original post by Sae.HH
Why haven't you looked into non minimalist training? The volume you accumulate isn't good enough period it's bare confusing I didn't say anything because I assumed you had a game plan but it seems you're semi intuitively coming to the conclusions more volume = better results so maybe it's better for someone to tell you now that's 100% the case.

Just wanted to say that (best interests at heart obviously)

At the moment I'm not wanting to spend too much in the gym in the evenings. I don't really have a plan at the moment and I have been procrastinating when it comes to getting one, but at my current strength levels I know from experience I can do something very similar to the advanced novice SS progression and get back to my old strength levels.
Original post by Smack
At the moment I'm not wanting to spend too much in the gym in the evenings. I don't really have a plan at the moment and I have been procrastinating when it comes to getting one, but at my current strength levels I know from experience I can do something very similar to the advanced novice SS progression and get back to my old strength levels.

Just do something like N-Suns, you must spend around and hour at the moment, supersetting back and taking short rests you can h=get a high voolume workout in within 90 minutes easy if you cut the crap.
Another quicker one this afternoon.

Bench press:

90 x 5/5/5/5/5

Not too bad. Couldn't seem to pause it, but I didn't totally bounce it either.

Deadlifts:

170 x 5

Wanted to get a set of five done.

Then home.
Decent enough session tonight.

Squats:

160 x 5/5/5

Same as last time I'd imagine.

Bench press:

92.5 x 5/5/5 - paused

Quite hard, but got them all.

CGBP:

75 x 8/8

Not too bad.

Then home.
What're you weighing these days?
Original post by Gone Revising II
What're you weighing these days?

Difficult to say as I only weigh myself at the gym, fully clothed with my weightlifting shoes on. But using that as a reference point, I used to tip the scales at a smudge over 105 until a couple of months ago, but then went down to about 101-ish, and now about 103-ish in the last few weeks.
Original post by Smack
Difficult to say as I only weigh myself at the gym, fully clothed with my weightlifting shoes on. But using that as a reference point, I used to tip the scales at a smudge over 105 until a couple of months ago, but then went down to about 101-ish, and now about 103-ish in the last few weeks.

What are your goals at the moment? (long or short term) (physique or strength)
Original post by Gone Revising II
What are your goals at the moment? (long or short term) (physique or strength)

Get both stronger (focusing on the big three and the overhead press) and a better physique. I don't have any long-term goals because things happen and you can miss them, although ideally I'd be stronger at any given time than I was a year previously.
A quick one this afternoon.

Press:

67.5 x 5/5/5

Not too bad at all.

Deadlifts:

175 x 5

Felt quite hard on the grip and overall not that easy.

Tried to do some chins but just couldn't do any, then went home.
Decent enough session tonight. A quicker one.

Bench press:

95 x 5/5/5/5/5

Not as difficult as I thought they were going to be.

Barbell rows:

90 x 6/6/6/6

Okay.

Then home.
Another quick one tonight; the other half from last night.

Squats:

162.5 x 5/5/5

Quite hard. Form slipping a bit. Need to do more volume.

Then home.
Another quick one tonight. My right shoulder started to not feel right after the heavier warm-ups of my pressing.

Press:

70 5/5/5

Thankfully, though, the shoulder didn't prevent me from doing this; however, no back-offs or anything.

Deadlifts:

180 x 5

Not too bad.

Then home.
Strong squatting and pressing as ever
Just a quick one tonight. Been busy.

Bench press:

90 x 4/5/5/5 - paused (except the first one on the fourth set)

Quite hard.

Chins:

bodyweight x 3/3/3/3/2/2

Grip failing me.

Then home.
Just a quick one tonight on the way home from work.

Squats:

150 x 5/5/5

These kinda kicked my ass. Was concerned about whether 150 would be too conservative but it definitely wasn't!

Then home.
Another quick one this evening...

Press:

70 x 5/5/5

Not too bad at all.

Deadlifts:

170 x 5

Went okay.

Then home.
Good session tonight.

Squats:

152.5 x 5/5/5

Went okay.

Bench press:

92.5 x 5/5/5/5/5

Not too bad.

Lat pull downs:

70 x 8/8/8

Not too bad but arms began to tire so never went for more sets.

Then home.
Okay session this evening; a quick one again.

Squats:

155 x 5/5/5

Not too bad really. Maybe bouncing a bit much and maybe letting knees come forward and/or in a bit too much.

Press:

72.5 x 5/1

This felt quite heavy, but got all reps on the first set. On the second set, which felt much heavier, when on the eccentric component of the first rep I came the closest I think I have to blacking out. Nothing serious but I kinda just dropped the bar down. Odd, because I've done similar reps before and never felt like this.

After that felt quite weak, so did some lacrosse ball work, then home.
Okay session tonight. Not in long.

Deadlifts:

180 x 5/2

Never had much in me on the last set it seems but the first one wasn't too difficult.

SSB squats:

90 x 5
100 x 5
110 x 5
120 x 5

Getting the hang of this. It's pretty much like a front squat. Quite hard on the abs, and also the upper back (although not as much as the front squat, but it's easier to hold).

Then home.

Quick Reply

Latest