The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Black privilege

I was reading an article about black privilege and all the quotes and information seemed to come from white people. Personally I don't agree that black privilege exists, what do you guys think?

Scroll to see replies

No, it does not exist. How is that even a thing? Some people just mad that White privedlege exists so they trying to make up own their **** that does not even make sense.

Case CLOSED, ma'am.
Original post by Ellie2143
I was reading an article about black privilege and all the quotes and information seemed to come from white people. Personally I don't agree that black privilege exists, what do you guys think?

I think it would be useful if you actually linked the article
Original post by Emerald7770
No, it does not exist. How is that even a thing? Some people just mad that White privedlege exists so they trying to make up own their **** that does not even make sense.

Case CLOSED, ma'am.

Or you could open your mind to other opinions, I know that seems crazy but give it a try
Original post by Underscore__
I think it would be useful if you actually linked the article

Or you could open your mind to other opinions, I know that seems crazy but give it a try

Hunny, I got all the opinions I need and they're all BS.
Reply 4
i think "black privilege" is as far fetched as "reverse racism"
Reply 5
No such thing imo. Speaking of, has anyone read Charlamanges book?
Reply 6
Original post by Underscore__

I'm not entirely sure where I read it, I got it off of twitter but if you google it you can find many. Black privilege has different meanings like 'an honour to be' too, I was talking about people thinking they have privilege though
Reply 7
Original post by Silky91

No, but it kept popping up as I was reading about the article
Original post by Arima
i think "black privilege" is as far fetched as "reverse racism"

Lol, racism against White people can and does happen.
Black privilege is not a thing. What kind of ridiculous thing?
Original post by Emerald7770

Case CLOSED, ma'am.

That's why discussions on race are pointless. Losing your temper every time someone dares to disagree with you isn't helpful. The implication is "f all whites" which is more than a little racist in itself.

Black people in America do seem to have problems with the police, but some of that is down to resisting arrest on a far greater level and other factors. White people don't really have privilege in general. What privilege does an average person on a council estate have?

OJ got away with murder because of his fame and the privileges stemming from that. Money and power provide privilege, regardless of race

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cubone-r

Err mate, racism is the systematic oppression of people based on race and/or ethnicity. The system is made by and in favour of white people, so how is reverse racism a thing?? That being said white people can face prejudice but I wouldn't go as far as calling it racism.
Original post by YaliaV
That's why discussions on race are pointless. Losing your temper every time someone dares to disagree with you isn't helpful. The implication is "f all whites" which is more than a little racist in itself.

Black people in America do seem to have problems with the police, but some of that is down to resisting arrest on a far greater level and other factors. White people don't really have privilege in general. What privilege does an average person on a council estate have?

OJ got away with murder because of his fame and the privileges stemming from that. Money and power provide privilege, regardless of race

Posted from TSR Mobile

Surely you cannot use OJ as an example??????????
Original post by Silky91

Not yet, but I plan to. Charlamagne is intelligent and very important for the culture so I'm sure it'll be a good read
Reply 14

It's not possible for ethnic minorities to be racist to white people. But a black person can discriminate against a white person on the basis of colour, this is called colourism.
It's not possible for ethnic minorities to be racist to white people. But a black person can discriminate against a white person on the basis of colour, this is called colourism.

No. Racism is racism plain and simple. Do you recall the Chicago attack where a group of Black individuals kidnapped a White disabled man, took him to a secluded area, beat him violently, while shouting "f*ck White people", "f*ck Donald Trump" and forced him to say "I love black people" while crawling on his hands and knees? All while streaming it on Facebook live.

Are you are actually going to sit there and say that is not racism?
Reply 16
No. Racism is racism plain and simple. Do you recall the Chicago attack where a group of Black individuals kidnapped a White disabled man, took him to a secluded area, beat him violently, while shouting "f*ck White people", "f*ck Donald Trump" and forced him to say "I love black people" while crawling on his hands and knees? All while streaming it on Facebook live.

Are you are actually going to sit there and say that is not racism?

Colourism, Politically speaking.
Does white privilege really exist in this country? I think too many people forget they live in Sussex and not Harlem.

If white privilege can be considered to work in this country because we are mostly white then surely by that very same logic it can be argued that there are various forms of black privilige in mostly black countries such as those in Africa. Zimbabwe comes to mind when considering the white farmers thrown off their lands and taken by local black people. So if the concept of white privilige exists then so too must black privilige but just in another setting.

I know, mind blown.
Colourism, Politically speaking.

I'm not speaking politically. I am speaking in real terms. Racism is racism whether you are Black, White, Asian, or whatever.. if you believe your race is superior to another then that is racism (that is the definition after all).

The co-founder of Black Lives Matter has been quoted saying "White skin is sub-human". That is textbook racism.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/blogs/andrew-bolt/black-lives-matter-white-skin-is-subhumxn/news-story/546f8411513ac19144cb3a39257e8efe

Latest

Trending

Trending