The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Newcastle University Clearing 2017

Hi everyone,

Did you know that you can sign up to Newcastle University Clearing Alerts? As well as e-mails you can sign up for WhatsApp alerts. You'll be sent general advice and guidance about Clearing, as well as updates about what Newcastle courses have spaces in Clearing :smile:

Good luck for results day!

Persephone
Original post by Gnatt27
Sounds like your university ain't popular mate

what, because they have clearing vacancies?
the vast majority of unis in this country have spaces available via clearing pal.
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Original post by hamzakalinle
the vast majority of unis in this country have spaces available via clearing pal.

Correction: there are quite a few universities that DO NOT enter clearing, for example for politics 104 institutions are in clearing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by hamzakalinle

No they don't (72 unis for History) . This uni is the worst of the Russell group league table wise and quite frankly ain't popular
Original post by DreamlinerFinder
Correction: there are quite a few universities that DO NOT enter clearing, for example for politics 104 institutions are in clearing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

so you're telling me more universities don't enter clearing than those that do?
I honestly don't believe that.
Original post by Gnatt27
No they don't (72 unis for History) . This uni is the worst of the Russell group league table wise and quite frankly ain't popular

oh you're saying it's not popular because it's not highly rated in terms of the RG league tables?

In that case, fair enough. I thought you were saying it's unpopular because it's in clearing, even though I know of at least 11 russell group unis that are in clearing this year.

I wasn't talking about history, I'm talking about unis in clearing full stop.
I still believe there are more unis nationwide that have clearing places available than those that dont, I mean at least nearly half of the RG unis have got places available.
I would like to ask a question, I've originally applied for international business management. however, if I have to go through clearing (Newcastle is my top choice) would I be able to switch into a different course? I am considering doing Modern Languages and Business Studies (Japanese)
thank you
Original post by prostheticzeta
I would like to ask a question, I've originally applied for international business management. however, if I have to go through clearing (Newcastle is my top choice) would I be able to switch into a different course? I am considering doing Modern Languages and Business Studies (Japanese)
thank you

Hi,

You can certainly apply for a different subject through Clearing - you will need to tell the admissions tutor why you want to focus on a language and make sure you address anything that might have been left out of your original personal statement.

Modern Languages and Business Studies is currently in the list of courses we expect to have places for :smile:

Good luck!

Persephone
Reply 8
Original post by Gnatt27

Nottingham, Birmingham and Loughborough are in clearing for many subjects..
Original post by Newcastle University
Hi,

You can certainly apply for a different subject through Clearing - you will need to tell the admissions tutor why you want to focus on a language and make sure you address anything that might have been left out of your original personal statement.

Modern Languages and Business Studies is currently in the list of courses we expect to have places for :smile:

Good luck!

Persephone

thank you for your help!
Clearing was quite stressful for me last year, but you’ve just got to keep calling up and checking different uni’s to see if they’ll take you. Remember that a lot of people go through clearing so you’re not alone! I managed to get into a really great uni (Bristol) but they didn’t have any accommodation. I did manage to get a room at Fusion Students and that was honestly the best decision ever, the rooms they have are awesome. Now I’m two years into my course and having a great time at uni so good luck on results day guys!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending