The Student Room Group

Closing universal credit claim

I have been claiming universal credit since December and was offered a place on college course recently which is due to start I'm wondering what the rules are on just ending the claim (there always seems to be a hoop to jump through with these people) and if I would receive that months payment after the claim has ended
Original post by Johnb199613
I have been claiming universal credit since December and was offered a place on college course recently which is due to start I'm wondering what the rules are on just ending the claim (there always seems to be a hoop to jump through with these people) and if I would receive that months payment after the claim has ended

You claim and receive payment for the period in which you meet the criteria.That will be right until the ate you sign off and confirm when you no loner meet the criteria i.e cease to be available for work because you start your course or simply dont wish to claim any longer. You will be paid right up until that date.

There is no trick and there are no hoops to jump through.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
You claim and receive payment for the period in which you meet the criteria.That will be right until the ate you sign off and confirm when you no loner meet the criteria i.e cease to be available for work because you start your course or simply dont wish to claim any longer. You will be paid right up until that date.

There is no trick and there are no hoops to jump through.

Thanks for the reassurance just naturally skeptical of the job centre due to them being a bit tricky to deal with in the past good to know its a bit more straightforward than I thought it would be

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending