The Student Room Group

Not sure how to help my friend

I have a male friend who has been single for around 3 years. His last relationship was with a girl who he stayed with for almost a year, and who he was very in love with. he said she hurt him; I don't think she cheated and I don't know exactly what she did/i don't know her, but he just said that she hurt him and that since he hadn't gotten over her; he hadn't wanted to date anyone else.

There has been a girl who really likes him and he's tried to have a causal thing with her but she wanted more; and he's said that while she's great he just cannot develop feelings for her.

He was always saying how he didn't want another relationship, but last week he admitted the truth. He said he craved affection from somebody, that we were all coupled up except for him and that he did want to be with someone, but that he struggled since this break-up/he hadn't gotten emotionally attached to any girl whatsoever and that he couldn't anymore.

I told him that we all go through heartbreak like this at some point, but that we can't dwell in the past and that most people wouldn't hurt him. He's talking about going to see a therapist, and he seems a bit depressed. I really don't know what else I can give as advice or what i could do to help. has anyone else ever been through this/? Thanks
Seriously?

This new era of men are turning into women.
Reply 2
Original post by JordLndr
Seriously?

This new era of men are turning into women.

Not PRSOM
Original post by SGHD26716
Not PRSOM

🙌🏼👊🏼
Reply 4
Yes it's serious, would just appreciate any advice at all..
Original post by Anonymous
I have a male friend who has been single for around 3 years. His last relationship was with a girl who he stayed with for almost a year, and who he was very in love with. he said she hurt him; I don't think she cheated and I don't know exactly what she did/i don't know her, but he just said that she hurt him and that since he hadn't gotten over her; he hadn't wanted to date anyone else.

There has been a girl who really likes him and he's tried to have a causal thing with her but she wanted more; and he's said that while she's great he just cannot develop feelings for her.

He was always saying how he didn't want another relationship, but last week he admitted the truth. He said he craved affection from somebody, that we were all coupled up except for him and that he did want to be with someone, but that he struggled since this break-up/he hadn't gotten emotionally attached to any girl whatsoever and that he couldn't anymore.

I told him that we all go through heartbreak like this at some point, but that we can't dwell in the past and that most people wouldn't hurt him. He's talking about going to see a therapist, and he seems a bit depressed. I really don't know what else I can give as advice or what i could do to help. has anyone else ever been through this/? Thanks

As a friend there is only so much you can do, your not his mother. You've done the right thing in giving him support (your a good friend) but he needs to get over this himself. Sounds like he doesn't get out much, maybe tell him to get out more and meet new people, this way he may meet a nicer woman and he'll get over the past. Seems like he is stuck in the past in a cycle. I'm assuming your female? Does he have any male friends?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending