The Student Room Group

Failing an external assisgment

Hi everyone,
I am in a massive situation. I am a level 3 early years childcare student. I have just completed my second year and hope to start university in September. I have received all my offers from my university. (Goldsmith & University of Greenwich). Last week my college tutor mentioned I failed my reflective study, which is in an external assignment. However I passed all the other exams and coursework. My college tutor mentioned there is a chance to resubmit but this resubmission will only take place later on the year. This means it can cause problems with my university application as I am due to start university in September. I have tried calling the exam board and they can't do anything. Has anyone been in a similar situation? And will this mean I can't go to university this year? I have contacted my universities via email and I am awaiting their reply.
Thank you,
Sadia
Original post by Sadiaislamm98
Hi everyone,
I am in a massive situation. I am a level 3 early years childcare student. I have just completed my second year and hope to start university in September. I have received all my offers from my university. (Goldsmith & University of Greenwich). Last week my college tutor mentioned I failed my reflective study, which is in an external assignment. However I passed all the other exams and coursework. My college tutor mentioned there is a chance to resubmit but this resubmission will only take place later on the year. This means it can cause problems with my university application as I am due to start university in September. I have tried calling the exam board and they can't do anything. Has anyone been in a similar situation? And will this mean I can't go to university this year? I have contacted my universities via email and I am awaiting their reply.
Thank you,
Sadia

If you can't complete the qualification without that assessment then i m afraid you can't go to university this september.
Original post by claireestelle
If you can't complete the qualification without that assessment then i my afraid you can't go to university this september.
I was told if i failed the exam the qualification would not count... but I passed that.
I was told if i failed the exam the qualification would not count... but I passed that.

what's your full qualification title? I would say call the universities and explain the whole situation on monday
Original post by claireestelle
what's your full qualification title? I would say call the universities and explain the whole situation on monday

The full title of my course is CACHE Diploma in Early Years Education(level 3). It's just such a shame because I've passed another external assessment and 27 units of coursework and the exam. It's just ridiculous the resubmission of the external assignment that I failed is later on in the year. I just hope I can still go to university. As a back up I applied to clearing for my universities. And tried calling no one is picking up. I will try again
Thank you. I'm just so heartbroken
The full title of my course is CACHE Diploma in Early Years Education(level 3). It's just such a shame because I've passed another external assessment and 27 units of coursework and the exam. It's just ridiculous the resubmission of the external assignment that I failed is later on in the year. I just hope I can still go to university. As a back up I applied to clearing for my universities. And tried calling no one is picking up. I will try again
Thank you. I'm just so heartbroken

I think you may have to resit the assessment and do it next year, unless you have another level 3 qualification clearing probably isn't an option for you i m afraid.
It's just I was told if I failed the exam then I failed the whole course? So I'm just confused will the university really care if I failed the external assigment. As I have passed everything else? And I have 60 ucas points from a short course I did couple of years ago
It's just I was told if I failed the exam then I failed the whole course? So I'm just confused will the university really care if I failed the external assigment. As I have passed everything else? And I have 60 ucas points from a short course I did couple of years ago

you would need the full qualification certificated for the university to accept you but call them first thing monday

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending