Bhaiyya :console:

??
Original post by cupcakes87
feel like crying

:hugs: :console:

Posted from TSR Mobile
??

Just trying to console. I know, I'm not the best at cheering people up.
Original post by qasim_96

i just didn't understand what you typed lol. but thanks :smile:
i just didn't understand what you typed lol. but thanks :smile:

No problem :smile:
Okay I guess.Could be better though
I feel so alone and broken. I've hurt the one person I care about the most and I can't do anything to make it right.
One of my siblings is also very ill, had to take him to hospital this morning.
It's like life is falling apart so quickly and so am I
Original post by AlQaholic
I feel so alone and broken. I've hurt the one person I care about the most and I can't do anything to make it right.
One of my siblings is also very ill, had to take him to hospital this morning.
It's like life is falling apart so quickly and so am I

:hugs:I feel you :redface: But there's always hope that things will get better, so don't give up. :no:

Also, I wish them a speedy recovery :frown:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by S2M
You've done really well up until where you are know so don't lose hope. Have you considered pursuing another degree which suits your interests? You can't say that you don't have any talent with maths because that's lie. I guess you'd probably have to do a PhD for better skills. That's what I'd thought, if you pursued maths at university the jobs after are pretty dreadful and boring. Have you already booked your driving test?

I haven't done really well. I got into a university that was extremely easy for me to get into where it is extremely easy to get a first and so I have made completely redundant all the hard work and achievements I did/made in my school years. Could've worked a fraction as hard and would still have got into Warwick. Everyone should go to a university that is a challenge to get into and a challenge to succeed in. Otherwise it's pointless.

I really don't have talent. It just seems like I do but that's an illusion created by working very hard in every maths lesson I ever had (and in later years outside of school too). Talent is maths is the ability to understand complex maths and solve problems. I have neither.

Yeah I have. Will probs have to cancel it nearer the time but that's ok.
Reply 7169
Original post by IrrationalRoot
I haven't done really well. I got into a university that was extremely easy for me to get into where it is extremely easy to get a first and so I have made completely redundant all the hard work and achievements I did/made in my school years. Could've worked a fraction as hard and would still have got into Warwick. Everyone should go to a university that is a challenge to get into and a challenge to succeed in. Otherwise it's pointless.

I really don't have talent. It just seems like I do but that's an illusion created by working very hard in every maths lesson I ever had (and in later years outside of school too). Talent is maths is the ability to understand complex maths and solve problems. I have neither.

Yeah I have. Will probs have to cancel it nearer the time but that's ok.

I get it that it may seem like an easy university to get into because of the amount of offers that are made from them. Look at the grade requirements though, they're as high as Cambridge so it's not exactly dead easy to get in as it may seem to you, which means that you could of gotten into the likes of Cambridge and Oxford which are harder.

Which other universities do you think are hard to get into? Excluding Oxford and Cambridge. I knew in general there are a lot more students attaining a first class degree than the past years but I never it it was that easy for you. It may all seem very easy to you for a reason, it must mean that you are talented otherwise how can you really explain that? When did you book your test for? As in what date?
Original post by Dr Strange
:hugs:I feel you :redface: But there's always hope that things will get better, so don't give up. :no:

Also, I wish them a speedy recovery :frown:

Thank you 😪 I just hope things work out. I feel so low that I haven no energy to do anything I just want to sleep forever 😢 I hope he gets better soon things are looking bad but I still hope for the best 🙏🏾

:hugs: you always say that but you managed to cheer me up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aw I'm glad to have done so :hugs:
12 is early for me these days :lol:
Worst thing about going to bed at 4-5 for me is that I'm usually up by 8-9 :redface:

Isn't that bad for your health?
Original post by ClearSky
Isn't that bad for your health?

It is which is why I don't recommend it. I occasionally make up for it by having the odd night where I go to sleep earlier.
Original post by S2M
I get it that it may seem like an easy university to get into because of the amount of offers that are made from them. Look at the grade requirements though, they're as high as Cambridge so it's not exactly dead easy to get in as it may seem to you, which means that you could of gotten into the likes of Cambridge and Oxford which are harder.

Which other universities do you think are hard to get into? Excluding Oxford and Cambridge. I knew in general there are a lot more students attaining a first class degree than the past years but I never it it was that easy for you. It may all seem very easy to you for a reason, it must mean that you are talented otherwise how can you really explain that? When did you book your test for? As in what date?

I mean easy for me. I think everyone should aspire towards what is challenging for them personally. And it's a lot easier than Cambridge/Oxford because of a couple other things (not A Level grades). In particular admissions tests.

Well hard to get into for me would be Oxbridge. No others, maybe Imperial but then I got an offer from them after doing terribly in their admissions test so I can't say it was hard. I get why you say that, but I must remind you that the exams are Warwick are very hard-work oriented as opposed to talent oriented (they evensaid themselves that they're trying to do this) and so non-mathematical 'skills' like rote memory provide an automatic first.

Booked it for late September. Not even close to ready lol.
Reply 7176
I mean easy for me. I think everyone should aspire towards what is challenging for them personally. And it's a lot easier than Cambridge/Oxford because of a couple other things (not A Level grades). In particular admissions tests.

Well hard to get into for me would be Oxbridge. No others, maybe Imperial but then I got an offer from them after doing terribly in their admissions test so I can't say it was hard. I get why you say that, but I must remind you that the exams are Warwick are very hard-work oriented as opposed to talent oriented (they evensaid themselves that they're trying to do this) and so non-mathematical 'skills' like rote memory provide an automatic first.

Booked it for late September. Not even close to ready lol.

Yeah that's true. I guess admission tests are an obstacle which can make it harder. Why didn't you go Imperial, what's wrong with them? I never knew that about Warwick, I suppose it can explain why a lot of people end up with a first.

Late September? You're lucky, mines booked for 22nd of next month. To make it even better, it's two days before results day. :frown:
Original post by S2M
Yeah that's true. I guess admission tests are an obstacle which can make it harder. Why didn't you go Imperial, what's wrong with them? I never knew that about Warwick, I suppose it can explain why a lot of people end up with a first.

Late September? You're lucky, mines booked for 22nd of next month. To make it even better, it's two days before results day. :frown:

Just didn't want to go to London tbh. Warwick looked nice anyway.

Well I mean it's not the end of the world if you fail. I don't care if I fail anyway, but that's only because I only need to be able to when I have a job. Lol 'when'. More like 'if'.
Weird. Lonely but then I want to be alone rn anyway. Annoyed. Tired. Want to cry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7179
Just didn't want to go to London tbh. Warwick looked nice anyway.

Well I mean it's not the end of the world if you fail. I don't care if I fail anyway, but that's only because I only need to be able to when I have a job. Lol 'when'. More like 'if'.

London is expensive as hell too. I just want to pass first time so I don't have to repeat it again. Have you passed the Theory? That's fine for you then, don't worry I have a felling that you'll end up just fine. :smile:

Latest