The Student Room Group

Teacher struck off for sex with pupil on plan

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Notorious_B.I.G.
I know, you got me worried there.

I was trying to come here and clear everything up, and then thinking half of what I am saying is wrong anyway. Thanks for getting me worried!
All in a day's work :colone:
"But the relationship came to light seven months later after another pupil threatened to reveal the tryst unless Miss Wilson had sex with him"

Can't tell if this is accurate as it's DM but if it's true then this must be just as bad? Blackmailing a teacher for sex not only makes the pupil a sexual offender but at my school at least, would lead to a witch hunt for said pupil. Either way, it's something he'll massively regret.
Original post by rugbycricket
"But the relationship came to light seven months later after another pupil threatened to reveal the tryst unless Miss Wilson had sex with him"

Can't tell if this is accurate as it's DM but if it's true then this must be just as bad? Blackmailing a teacher for sex not only makes the pupil a sexual offender but at my school at least, would lead to a witch hunt for said pupil. Either way, it's something he'll massively regret.

lol I didn't read that bit even more hilarious. Maybe she didn't want the nerdy one lmao.

It's a separate issue; both are wrong, so it's not helpful to compare. She abused her position of trust, even if the pupil was over 18. Deserved to be struck off.
Original post by YaliaV
It's a separate issue; both are wrong, so it's not helpful to compare. She abused her position of trust, even if the pupil was over 18. Deserved to be struck off.

I agree absolutely what she did was wrong, but don't you think it's a bit harsh to say she deserves to be struck off considering now with her image published in almost every tabloid, it will be almost impossible for her to find a new job? Whilst it is morally wrong to engage in sex with a pupil, you have to remember because he was over 18 the offence is not child abuse or sexual assault of any kind, hence why she is not being prosecuted. People who commit much more serious crimes such as rape or murder do not get this kind of publicity when ironically, they pose a much greater risk to society.
As long as it's in the Daily Mail, there's no reason to question the accuracy of anything in the article.
you would think that a planeload of lively pupils would be taking films if their teacher was tanked up and heading off to the smallest room with one of their classmates :dontknow:
Original post by the bear
you would think that a planeload of lively pupils would be taking films if their teacher was tanked up and heading off to the smallest room with one of their classmates :dontknow:

yeah it doesn't make sense they must have all been asleep also it is such a brazen thing to do
I agree absolutely what she did was wrong, but don't you think it's a bit harsh to say she deserves to be struck off considering now with her image published in almost every tabloid, it will be almost impossible for her to find a new job? Whilst it is morally wrong to engage in sex with a pupil, you have to remember because he was over 18 the offence is not child abuse or sexual assault of any kind, hence why she is not being prosecuted. People who commit much more serious crimes such as rape or murder do not get this kind of publicity when ironically, they pose a much greater risk to society.

The papers love a story like this; I'm sure the school didn't publicise the case. Every sixth form will have a lot of 18 year olds and you don't send your child to school so that a predatory teacher can take advantage of them. 18 year olds may be adults, but It's different when someone is in a position of power. Getting drunk and having sex with a pupil in a plane toilet shows an incredible lack of morals and self-control. She shouldn't be in charge of anyone who is potentially vulnerable ever again.
Original post by YaliaV
The papers love a story like this; I'm sure the school didn't publicise the case. Every sixth form will have a lot of 18 year olds and you don't send your child to school so that a predatory teacher can take advantage of them. 18 year olds may be adults, but It's different when someone is in a position of power. Getting drunk and having sex with a pupil in a plane toilet shows an incredible lack of morals and self-control. She shouldn't be in charge of anyone who is potentially vulnerable ever again.

A pupil at my school married a teacher and as far as I know their still married today years later.
What position though?

Jethro Wilson, her brother, strongly denied that the Bristol-based teacher had ever entered into sexual relations with the student, known only as Pupil A, adding that she had previously been “hassled” by male students.
“I know they made it up, because he blackmailed her,” he added. “They made the story up and made it sound good. These teachers work hard all their life and go through years of courses and all it takes is one student to bring them down.
“There’s no doubt about it - he had a crush on her. They were away on an educational school trip and she didn’t want anything to do with them, so they made stories up about her.
“She’d already had enough of students giving her hassle because she was good looking. Good looking teachers get picked out by students and they get hard done by."
He added that the allegations were only made when she reported the pupil for sending her explicit photographs.
Reply 32
Original post by the bear

Jethro Wilson, her brother, strongly denied that the Bristol-based teacher had ever entered into sexual relations with the student, known only as Pupil A, adding that she had previously been “hassled” by male students.
“I know they made it up, because he blackmailed her,” he added. “They made the story up and made it sound good. These teachers work hard all their life and go through years of courses and all it takes is one student to bring them down.
“There’s no doubt about it - he had a crush on her. They were away on an educational school trip and she didn’t want anything to do with them, so they made stories up about her.
“She’d already had enough of students giving her hassle because she was good looking. Good looking teachers get picked out by students and they get hard done by."
He added that the allegations were only made when she reported the pupil for sending her explicit photographs.

But following the two-day hearing, she was found guilty of all but two of the allegations against her.
Original post by Agent 69
What position though?

probably him sitting on the toilet and her straddling him there is not much room for much else
Original post by tempr
But following the two-day hearing, she was found guilty of all but two of the allegations against her.

he said/she said

who knows what actually happened ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending