The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Ciel.
Yeah, I guess that's what it is. It's a shame that we can't agree on it, though. But there's nothing I can do I guess. We don't really talk about it anymore because he gets super angry.

And that's probably always going to be the case.

For future reference, if there should be a next time, try and bring it up early/before you're committed. You'll likely have more success
I'd be offended if my boyfriend asked me if I wanted a threesome - that's disgusting!!!!!
Reply 62
Original post by Tubbz
And that's probably always going to be the case.

For future reference, if there should be a next time, try and bring it up early/before you're committed. You'll likely have more success

I'd still date him, though. If I really like someone, I don't really mind making small sacrifices.
Don't convince him. If you force him into it it WILL ruin your relationship. I don't think a threesome has to do that but it will only work if both partners are the right sort of person and go into it happily and with open eyes. I absolutely couldn't watch my boyfriend **** another girl even if I was involved, it would ruin our relationship 100% but I know some people really enjoy it. Obviously you're on different wavelengths here but there's no way to get him to do it without causing more problems.
Reply 64
Original post by Loopy91
I'd be offended if my boyfriend asked me if I wanted a threesome - that's disgusting!!!!!

What's so disgusting about it?

Original post by doodle_333
Don't convince him. If you force him into it it WILL ruin your relationship. I don't think a threesome has to do that but it will only work if both partners are the right sort of person and go into it happily and with open eyes. I absolutely couldn't watch my boyfriend **** another girl even if I was involved, it would ruin our relationship 100% but I know some people really enjoy it. Obviously you're on different wavelengths here but there's no way to get him to do it without causing more problems.

I gave up on it now
Reply 65
Suggesting a threesome is not the problem at all, there is nothing wrong with that at all.

Suggesting a guy you really like that your both friends with and he knows you like him is a dick move. Maybe more "random" person so there is no strings attached, as otherwise you might as well be single or get in a relationship with this other guy.

Would you feel comfartable if he asked to have a threesome with one of your hot female friends that your'e threatened by? I would think not.

Some abuse on here is OTT but yeah, just dont be a dick
I think you're being a bit selfish, if I'm being completely honest. You want your boyfriend to agree to a threesome so you can sleep with someone else and escape guilt or consequence. The fact that you won't take no for an answer and feel you should "convince" your boyfriend shows how little regard you have for his feelings or wellbeing.
Reply 67
But all these couples that want a no strings attached threesome I'm happy to sacrifice as tribute :tongue:
Reply 68
Original post by sz17
Suggesting a threesome is not the problem at all, there is nothing wrong with that at all.

Suggesting a guy you really like that your both friends with and he knows you like him is a dick move. Maybe more "random" person so there is no strings attached, as otherwise you might as well be single or get in a relationship with this other guy.

Would you feel comfartable if he asked to have a threesome with one of your hot female friends that your'e threatened by? I would think not.

Some abuse on here is OTT but yeah, just dont be a dick

I'm not sure how that would work since I'm not into girls but I'd still agree to it, I'm sure we would work something out. But he's not interested in any kind of threesome
Original post by Durhamgirl96
I think you're being a bit selfish, if I'm being completely honest. You want your boyfriend to agree to a threesome so you can sleep with someone else and escape guilt or consequence. The fact that you won't take no for an answer and feel you should "convince" your boyfriend shows how little regard you have for his feelings or wellbeing.

I don't think you've seen my most recent post so will just repeat myself - I gave up on the idea now.
Lol, OP is going to end up cheating with this guy :lol:
Perhaps you should have a foursome instead? Not only is it more ambitious and adventurous than a threesome, it enables both of you, respectively, to choose one other person with whom to have sex. I find it quite baffling when people get hurt/ offended when their significant other suggests having sex with other people. It's pretty obvious (or so one would have thought) that being in a relationship doesn't suddenly kill off any attraction to other people, let alone a desire to sleep with them. Your request and frankness are more honourable than cheating on your boyfriend; at least you respect him enough to be honest about your desires. Monogamy is a social construct and is simply not in the natural human condition. It is one of those things we've had to force ourselves—unsuccessfully, for the most part—to adopt and adapt to. However, as feminism, female empowerment, greater LGBTQ+ rights, etc., and broader [L]iberal values continue to take hold in society, we are going to see a gradual—if not exponential—recession in monogamous relationships and marriages. Rather, we'll slowly adopt "monogamish", in the words of Esther Perel, relationships. Of course, this makes a lot of people uncomfortable and upset, but when you look at the academic literature and statistical analyses in this area, it soon becomes apparent that monogamy is slowly dying. Returning to your dilemma, I would advise you to suggest a foursome and ask your boyfriend to think about it carefully and in a measured manner, failing which you should probably end this relationship and explore your sexuality and sexual fantasies a little bit further as a single individual.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 71
Original post by Ciel.
I'm not sure how that would work since I'm not into girls but I'd still agree to it, I'm sure we would work something out. But he's not interested in any kind of threesome

I don't think you've seen my most recent post so will just repeat myself - I gave up on the idea now.

Yeah I didnt bother reading all the replies just replied to the post. And I was only joking :u:
Reply 72
thot alert
Reply 73
You want us to give you advice on how to coerce your boyfriend to have sex against his wishes?

Sounds a little rapey.
Original post by Ciel.
Well, what's wrong with that? We see people we'd happily **** almost on everyday basis. What's wrong with just taking what you want, instead of fantasizing about it?

You're in a relationship. I shouldn't really need to explain mate.
Reply 75
Original post by LostYouth
Perhaps you should have a foursome instead? Not only is it more ambitious and adventurous than a threesome, it enables both of you, respectively, to choose one other person with whom to have sex. I find it quite baffling when people get hurt/ offended when their significant other suggests having sex with other people. It's pretty obvious (or so one would have thought) that being in a relationship doesn't suddenly kill off any attraction to other people, let alone a desire to sleep with them. Your request and frankness are more honourable than cheating on your boyfriend; at least you respect him enough to be honest about your desires. Monogamy is a social construct and is simply not in the natural human condition. It is one of those things we've had to force ourselves—unsuccessfully, for the most part—to adopt and adapt to. However, as feminism, female empowerment, greater LGBTQ+ rights, etc., and broader [L]iberal values continue to take hold in society, we are going to see a gradual—if not exponential—recession in monogamous relationships and marriages. Rather, we'll slowly adopt "monogamish", in the words of Esther Perel, relationships. Of course, this makes a lot of people uncomfortable and upset, but when you look at the academic literature and statistical analyses in this area, it soon becomes apparent that monogamy is slowly dying. Returning to your dilemma, I would advise you to suggest a foursome and ask your boyfriend to think about it carefully and in a measured manner, failing which you should probably end this relationship and explore your sexuality and sexual fantasies a little bit further as a single individual.

Yeah, tbh, I don't really get it, either. The older I get, the stronger I seem to lean towards polygamy. I'd be more than happy to be in a three way relationship.
He's not going to change his mind, though. At least not anytime soon. He doesn't want anyone else in our bedroom, he made that pretty clear. If I suggest it one more time he will probably strangle me :laugh: I don't wanna break up with him, though. Despite not being 100% compatible in the sex department, we get along really well, most of the time.

Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Lol, OP is going to end up cheating with this guy :lol:

What makes you think that? Nothing in this thread suggests that I intend to cheat.
Reply 76
Original post by TheBBQ
thot alert

If you have to use that word, then at least learn to use it properly. 'That hoe over there alert' sounds pretty silly.

Original post by tempr
You want us to give you advice on how to coerce your boyfriend to have sex against his wishes?

Sounds a little rapey.

**** you and your dumb rape jokes.
Reply 77
Original post by WoodyMKC
You're in a relationship. I shouldn't really need to explain mate.

Well, people in relationships do a lot of things together. I just wanted us to try something new.
@qasim_96 @ClearSky @elforjg02 @Hamoody ULTIMATE first world problems
Original post by AryanGh
@qasim_96 @ClearSky @elforjg02 @Hamoody ULTIMATE first world problems

All aboard the train :laugh:

Latest

Trending

Trending