The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

My friend is gay and he's sick of all of the open relationships etc. An open relationship is a farce of a relationship. If my partner asked me that, gay or straight, then the relationship would be over. He probably won't trust you now.
Reply 81
Original post by AryanGh
@qasim_96 @ClearSky @elforjg02 @Hamoody ULTIMATE first world problems

Lol, wth? Why quote all these people? Just because I asked for some sex/relationship advice doesn't mean that I don't have real problems in my life. All it means is that I choose NOT to focus on them 24/7. You know nothing about my life so how about you stop assuming things? It makes you looks incredibly retarded.
Reply 82
Original post by AryanGh

errm is there a particular reason all the ppl you quoted are muslim ?
Reply 83
Original post by qasim_96
All aboard the train :laugh:

would muhammad and allah approve of you mocking other people ?
Original post by Lórien

I don't get why you assume this has a religious undertone, for one I'm Christian, so this kind of Muslim gang thing is invalid, I quoted them because they are my friends and they quote me in all sorts of interesting and random threads, so I return the favour. Just because they have a common religion doesn't mean or signify anything.
Original post by Ciel.
Lol, wth? Why quote all these people? Just because I asked for some sex/relationship advice doesn't mean that I don't have real problems in my life. All it means is that I choose NOT to focus on them 24/7. You know nothing about my life so how about you stop assuming things? It makes you looks incredibly retarded.

1) Because they are my friends because I enjoy quoting them in these kind of 'unorthodox' threads.

2) I'm not suggesting that you do, you seem to take memes quite close to heart, you can do whatever you want to do, that's the beauty and ingenuity of the free world, you can do LITERALLY anything (so long as it doesn't obstruct the law)

3) I never claimed to know anything about your life, now who's the one assuming things now? :^)

4) When I say First World Problems, it was a joke, because obviously you don't see threads like these everyday. In actuality as I typed that as the initial joke, I was gonna put jokes aside and actually give advice.

5) Actual Advice: You're answering your own question, you're in an intimate relationship with another individual, so obviously extending this to a third person is not gonna be seen as comforting immidiately, a first action to do would be to further acquaint your boyfriend and the person you're threesome-ing with, and try to develop that intimacy or relationship standards to similar standards that you and him would share, and then take it from there, is he saying anything else?
Reply 86
Original post by Lórien

Well, he probably feels better about himself when he's mocking my first world problems. Of course, he's mocking them while comfortably sitting behind his computer screen, doing nothing useful, apart from talking about Syrian children and war zones from time to time, thinking he's being helpful. Let him fantasise. Btw, one of the people he quoted is actually aware of some of my real problems, too, so he's making himself look like a moron...
I do however, apologise if it came off as rude or offensive, I realise now that perhaps such comments could be seen as rude without realising the full story, so I would like to just clear that up.
Reply 88
Original post by AryanGh
1) Because they are my friends because I enjoy quoting them in these kind of 'unorthodox' threads.

2) I'm not suggesting that you do, you seem to take memes quite close to heart, you can do whatever you want to do, that's the beauty and ingenuity of the free world, you can do LITERALLY anything (so long as it doesn't obstruct the law)

3) I never claimed to know anything about your life, now who's the one assuming things now? :^)

4) When I say First World Problems, it was a joke, because obviously you don't see threads like these everyday. In actuality as I typed that as the initial joke, I was gonna put jokes aside and actually give advice.

5) Actual Advice: You're answering your own question, you're in an intimate relationship with another individual, so obviously extending this to a third person is not gonna be seen as comforting immidiately, a first action to do would be to further acquaint your boyfriend and the person you're threesome-ing with, and try to develop that intimacy or relationship standards to similar standards that you and him would share, and then take it from there, is he saying anything else?

I wouldn't say it's an unorthodox thread. Anyway, it didn't really sound like a joke to me, judging by your previous posts. But I guess I have misinterpreted your initial post.
Original post by Ciel.
I wouldn't say it's an unorthodox thread. Anyway, it didn't really sound like a joke to me, judging by your previous posts. But I guess I have misinterpreted your initial post.

Sorry you interpreted it this way :frown: We weren't trying to cause offence or anything. I do thoroughly hope that your problems are sorted out sooner rather than later :console:
Reply 90
Original post by YaliaV
My friend is gay and he's sick of all of the open relationships etc. An open relationship is a farce of a relationship. If my partner asked me that, gay or straight, then the relationship would be over. He probably won't trust you now.

So what if your gay friend is sick of open relationships? Maybe I'm not. Why are you being so judgemental?
Original post by AryanGh

We will all die if this doesn't get solved :afraid: very first world :lol:
Reply 92
Sorry you interpreted it this way :frown: We weren't trying to cause offence or anything. I do thoroughly hope that your problems are sorted out sooner rather than later :console:

I just found it weird tbh. The way he tagged you lot. I was expecting you to gang up on me for whatever reason.
Original post by Ciel.
So what if your gay friend is sick of open relationships? Maybe I'm not. Why are you being so judgemental?

You do but your boyfriend obviously doesn't. I don't see how that will work out.
Original post by Ciel.

Previous posts? Please elaborate. If you mean by me tagging my friends and making similar jokes, that's probably it, but in this instance it seemed more genuine than most other issues on this site. You seem like a person of good stature, which is something you don't find often on this website, hence why I was actually going to type advice afterwards.

Additionally regarding the computer screen bit, I just like to give my advice on these kinds of refugee situations, given that I was born and raised in the Middle East, in a similarly bad situation, I try at least to empathise. I don't try to be useful at all and the change I make is next to nothing, because I have learnt the hard way that my opinion doesn't change or matter, yet, I still like sharing my opinion on topics that matter.
Original post by Ciel.
I just found it weird tbh. The way he tagged you lot. I was expecting you to gang up on me for whatever reason.

We weren't planning on ganging up on you. It's nothing to do with our religion, we're just part of a friendship group. It just so happens to be that we're all Muslim.
Reply 96
Original post by YaliaV
You do but your boyfriend obviously doesn't. I don't see how that will work out.

It's obviously not going to.
Original post by AryanGh
Previous posts? Please elaborate. If you mean by me tagging my friends and making similar jokes, that's probably it, but in this instance it seemed more genuine than most other issues on this site. You seem like a person of good stature, which is something you don't find often on this website, hence why I was actually going to type advice afterwards.

Additionally regarding the computer screen bit, I just like to give my advice on these kinds of refugee situations, given that I was born and raised in the Middle East, in a similarly bad situation, I try at least to empathise. I don't try to be useful at all and the change I make is next to nothing, because I have learnt the hard way that my opinion doesn't change or matter, yet, I still like sharing my opinion on topics that matter.

Yeah, probably those. Can't remember them that well tbh.
I know what you mean, I guess. I just think that the first world problems joke is a bit old now. I mean, going by its logic, almost everyone should be happy, never complain etc., even Syrians stuck in a war zone, like - 'oh but others have it worse than you guys, at least there's a chance you will survive! Some people are being violently tortured to death by a psychopath at this very moment!' kind of thing.
Original post by Ciel.
It's obviously not going to.

Yeah, probably those. Can't remember them that well tbh.
I know what you mean, I guess. I just think that the first world problems joke is a bit old now. I mean, going by its logic, almost everyone should be happy, never complain etc., even Syrians stuck in a war zone, like - 'oh but others have it worse than you guys, at least there's a chance you will survive! Some people are being violently tortured to death by a psychopath at this very moment!' kind of thing.

Truth.

In honesty, despite living in an area that was regarded as a 'war zone' in my first years, the whole 'someone out there has it worse than you' argument sucks, I used to use it when I was younger but then I realised, that no matter where or when it is happening, it doesn't change the fact that the person in question, is still having it bad, the political status of it doesn't make it any worse or better, the person is still hurting.
We weren't planning on ganging up on you. It's nothing to do with our religion, we're just part of a friendship group. It just so happens to be that we're all Muslim.

And me the one Christian randomly in the background.
I'd say don't give up on it completely. If it's something you're curious about you're going to stay curious. Maybe drop it for now and then change tactics later, but till always have a part of you wondering what if.

I've been there a few times and can confirm they're really worth doing and a hell of a lot of fun, but only if you've got that good understanding in place to begin with.

Latest

Trending

Trending