The Student Room Group

When do Scottish Universities receive your results

I am just wondering. Do they get your results 1 week before the exam results day?
Reply 1
I don't know about Scottish specifically but I believe they receive your results 1 week before results day.

They then spend that week either accepting or rejecting candidates.
Reply 2
No.

Track goes live from 8AM onwards. However due to the amount of traffic it might not load.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 3
Last day of July and then into August.

I feel dead inside
The same time as English universities receive your results.
They will have SQA results tomorrow, as they entered an embargo 25 mins ago.
Good luck! ( you should hear exactly nothing until the 8th from your universities), if it makes you feel better, they get results early so they can process them before results day
Reply 7
Whoops.

10/10 for sh*t advice goes to me then. 😂😂😂
UCAS will close access to Track from 6pm tomorrow and reopen on Tuesday 8th at about 9am - to all applicants, not just those taking SQA quals.

This allows the Unis to process results and get their decisions entered/sent to UCAS etc.
You can't see what they are doing/have done until next Tuesday morning.
Original post by returnmigrant
UCAS will close access to Track from 6pm tomorrow and reopen on Tuesday 8th at about 9am - to all applicants, not just those taking SQA quals.

This allows the Unis to process results and get their decisions entered/sent to UCAS etc.
You can't see what they are doing/have done until next Tuesday morning.

I'm actually going to correct you ( from UCAS material), track will not be updated, but it is still accessible until 18:00 on the 7th, when it closes until 09:00 on the 8th.
Original post by DreamlinerFinder
I'm actually going to correct you ( from UCAS material), track will not be updated, but it is still accessible until 18:00 on the 7th, when it closes until 09:00 on the 8th.

That is not what UCAS have told all the Universities.
Original post by returnmigrant
That is not what UCAS have told all the Universities.

Interesting, that's what I've been told ( and at least everyone on here with a Applications advisor title) , but I'll leave this now.
Timeline for Scottish results goes like this:

6pm July 31: ucas disconnect track from their live system and remove some of the functions available in track.

1 August: SQA gives ucas the results. Ucas match results to applicants.

2 August: ucas expect to send results to universities. There's no specific time because ucas send the data as soon as they have enough matched records.

Universities start making decisions and sending those decisions to ucas.

6pm Monday 7 August: Track is taken offline so that it can be reconnected to the live ucas system (the one universities have been updating)

8-8:30am Tuesday 8 August: Track is made available to applicants (Ucas say this will be at 9am but their phone lines open an hour earlier - they normally open Track at the same time as the phones).

10am Tuesday 8 August: Scottish applicants can add clearing choices.

6pm Friday 11 August: Track (and clearing) are locked down again (disconnected from live systems and limited functions) for the A level results.

Quick Reply