The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AryanGh
And me the one Christian randomly in the background.

Spot the odd one out :rofl:

Spoiler

Advice two:

Usually the old adage when it comes to threesomes is, yes, they may be really fun, but they're a short candle that can burn quickly.

This may take a bit of prioritization if you want to prioritise fun over commitment.

At the risk of sounding rude, you need to think to yourself over the options,

Fun? Or a Longer Lasting Relationship?

Of course this is not just binary, it's not just one or the other, there's no saying you can't have fun in a long relationship, but usually these kinds of commitments may end up weakening the intimacy or the close bond between you and your boyfriend, as he may now think that if it's now ok to have relationships with a third individual, he may now have slightly more freedoms and the close bonds between you may end up diminishing.

Of course this may not happen, but with things like this, you always have to take into account all kinds of scenarios.
Original post by Ciel.
How the hell can I convince him? Any ideas? I am really attracted to one of our friends. I obviously don't want to cheat on my boyfriend so I came up with this brilliant idea. Our friend is totally down for it but my boyfriend is not. He's never had a threesome before so maybe that's why. He thinks it can 'ruin' a relationship, which is stupid, I just want all three of us to have a bit of fun. But he's mad at me for even suggesting it. If any of you ever managed to convince your anti-threesome partner, please tell me how - 'you can pick whoever you like next time' didn't work

I know you've given up on the idea, but I've read through the thread and have noticed you mentioning the fact that you've cheated on him in the past. Cheats often have the tendency to do it again...if you want to bang this guy and you've cheated on your boyfriend before, then I'd end up before you hurt him, personally.
Original post by Ciel.
And where would that be? "HANDJOBS ONLY?" :laugh: :wink:

Well, I also suggested that he can pick whoever he likes next time, I'm pretty open minded.

Guy.

He's into guys too, though.

I don't want toooo : <

Well, you can always persuade someone to change their mind...

That's a ridiculous request. I'd be livid if my girlfriend wanted to do that
Reply 104
Original post by Drewski
I'd say don't give up on it completely. If it's something you're curious about you're going to stay curious. Maybe drop it for now and then change tactics later, but till always have a part of you wondering what if.

I've been there a few times and can confirm they're really worth doing and a hell of a lot of fun, but only if you've got that good understanding in place to begin with.

I've done it before, too, but I wasn't in a proper relationship back then. But yeah, maybe he will change his mind in the future. I think he'd love it too.
Original post by AryanGh
Advice two:

Usually the old adage when it comes to threesomes is, yes, they may be really fun, but they're a short candle that can burn quickly.

This may take a bit of prioritization if you want to prioritise fun over commitment.

At the risk of sounding rude, you need to think to yourself over the options,

Fun? Or a Longer Lasting Relationship?

Of course this is not just binary, it's not just one or the other, there's no saying you can't have fun in a long relationship, but usually these kinds of commitments may end up weakening the intimacy or the close bond between you and your boyfriend, as he may now think that if it's now ok to have relationships with a third individual, he may now have slightly more freedoms and the close bonds between you may end up diminishing.

Of course this may not happen, but with things like this, you always have to take into account all kinds of scenarios.

Ehh, yeah I want both of course. Don't really see it happening any time soon, though. Maybe in the future. I don't think it would weaken our bond or anything. But you never know I guess.
Original post by harrythomas14
I know you've given up on the idea, but I've read through the thread and have noticed you mentioning the fact that you've cheated on him in the past. Cheats often have the tendency to do it again...if you want to bang this guy and you've cheated on your boyfriend before, then I'd end up before you hurt him, personally.

Really wish people would stop telling me to end the relationship. I'm not going to do that.

Original post by JIMBO789
That's a ridiculous request. I'd be livid if my girlfriend wanted to do that

I am not your girlfriend.
Original post by Ciel.
How the hell can I convince him? Any ideas? I am really attracted to one of our friends. I obviously don't want to cheat on my boyfriend so I came up with this brilliant idea. Our friend is totally down for it but my boyfriend is not. He's never had a threesome before so maybe that's why. He thinks it can 'ruin' a relationship, which is stupid, I just want all three of us to have a bit of fun. But he's mad at me for even suggesting it. If any of you ever managed to convince your anti-threesome partner, please tell me how - 'you can pick whoever you like next time' didn't work
If he doesn't want it, you don't convince him - he doesn't want it. Let go of it and get on with your life.
Reply 106
Original post by Tootles
If he doesn't want it, you don't convince him - he doesn't want it. Let go of it and get on with your life.

I already have, this thread was made a few days ago.
Original post by Ciel.
I already have, this thread was made a few days ago.

Just out of curiosity, what's the relationship been like since then? Did everything go back to normal?
Reply 108
Original post by Joel 96
Just out of curiosity, what's the relationship been like since then? Did everything go back to normal?

Pretty much. But he's still a bit annoyed, I think
how attractive are you
Reply 110
Original post by Angry Bird
how attractive are you

Depends what you like I guess. I consider myself very attractive. The amount of attention (and followers :laugh:) I get seems to suggest that, too. But well, to each their own. Why do you want to know that?
Original post by Ciel.
I've done it before, too, but I wasn't in a proper relationship back then. But yeah, maybe he will change his mind in the future. I think he'd love it too.

Ehh, yeah I want both of course. Don't really see it happening any time soon, though. Maybe in the future. I don't think it would weaken our bond or anything. But you never know I guess.

Really wish people would stop telling me to end the relationship. I'm not going to do that.

I am not your girlfriend.

Well I am delighted about that, you seem to be narcissistic too
Reply 112
Well I am delighted about that, you seem to be narcissistic too

How is wanting a threesome 'narcissistic'?
I think the person referred to the statement you made about finding yourself attractive^

Have you given up now?
Original post by Justin.Reid2000
I think the person referred to the statement you made about finding yourself attractive^

Have you given up now?

Correct my friend
Reply 115
Original post by Justin.Reid2000

Have you given up now?

Maybe :laugh: Yeah I guess... He needs a break at least.

Correct my friend

That's just stupid. Was I supposed to lie and say that I'm not? Knowing that I'm good looking doesn't make me a narcissist. It's not my goddamn fault, lol.
You seem like the worst kind of gay stereotype to be honest. Vain and sex obsessed.
Reply 117
Original post by Anonymous
You seem like the worst kind of gay stereotype to be honest. Vain and sex obsessed.

I'm not vain. What was I supposed to say? He asked, so I answered him. And I'm NOT sex obsessed. I just wanted a stupid threesome, goddamn you TSR prudes :laugh:
Original post by Ciel.
Depends what you like I guess. I consider myself very attractive. The amount of attention (and followers :laugh:) I get seems to suggest that, too. But well, to each their own. Why do you want to know that?

just curious, I would take an attractive woman Loll
Reply 119
Original post by Angry Bird
just curious, I would take an attractive woman Loll

But I'm a man :h:

Latest

Trending

Trending