The Student Room Group

Rejected by a South-Asian girl and I'm oriental?

Hey guys, I'm new here. So this sounds dumb to ask on here, but why aren't South-Asian girls interested in oriental/East Asian guys?

Long story cut short. After moving here from America, I was never interested in brown girls but the ones in the UK are very attractive and sexy.

I was hitting it off with a Bengali girl, she's 24 and I'm 22 but after several arguments she finally gave up on me and decided to get into a relationship but never considered a relationship with me. At one point she even blocked me just because I didn't respond quick enough... I'm devastated tbh and I don't feel I can ever find someone else.... Sorry if I sound pathetic but it hurts.

Anyone ever had a similar experience or you thought it was going well and then they just disappear or it ends?

Scroll to see replies

Everybody has their own preference. Most of the time south asian girls go with their own ethnicity. I wouldnt date anyone thats other than my ethnicity.
Reply 2
So after having one bad experience with a brown girl, you're assuming that they all aren't interested in you.

Get over the girl and stop feeling sorry for yourself and meet new people. As I mentioned before, if I can get a date with an Indian girl then so can you (so can anyone really).
Reply 3
Original post by The Radiographer
Everybody has their own preference. Most of the time south asian girls go with their own ethnicity. I wouldnt date anyone thats other than my ethnicity.

What ethnicity are you?
Original post by UWS
So after having one bad experience with a brown girl, you're assuming that they all aren't interested in you.

Get over the girl and stop feeling sorry for yourself and meet new people. As I mentioned before, if I can get a date with an Indian girl then so can you (so can anyone really).

i thought you were black...
Reply 5
Original post by CleverSquirrel
i thought you where black...

Exposed :angry:
Original post by justinwong1990
Hey guys, I'm new here. So this sounds dumb to ask on here, but why aren't South-Asian girls interested in oriental/East Asian guys?

Long story cut short. After moving here from America, I was never interested in brown girls but the ones in the UK are very attractive and sexy.

I was hitting it off with a Bengali girl, she's 24 and I'm 22 but after several arguments she finally gave up on me and decided to get into a relationship but never considered a relationship with me. At one point she even blocked me just because I didn't respond quick enough... I'm devastated tbh and I don't feel I can ever find someone else.... Sorry if I sound pathetic but it hurts.

Anyone ever had a similar experience or you thought it was going well and then they just disappear or it ends?

South Asians see the Chinese as an inferior race.

Spoiler

So this sounds dumb to ask on here

Yeah you got that right.
Original post by tapir2
What ethnicity are you?

Pakistani.
Just gonna copy my reply on your other thread here:

I'm an Oriental guy and I find that South Asian girls tend to be really nice and friendly to me. It's just too bad they aren't my type as I am into white girls. I have a feeling that if I pursued South Asian girls (well Indian girls mostly) I would have much better luck than I have had with white girls. :dontknow:
Reply 10
Original post by The Radiographer
Pakistani.

So are you open to all South Asians or just Pakistanis? Would you be okay with a Bengali?
Original post by tapir2
So are you open to all South Asians or just Pakistanis? Would you be okay with a Bengali?

I've dated a bengali before but now I prefer to stick to just Pakistani's.
It's strange that most people in the UK think that most oriental asian girls only want asian guys, when in fact from what I've seen growing up as an asian, is the exact opposite, most girls that I know like western looking (white) guys. I myself find British and European girls more attractive than asian girls.

Its the American accent bud, people in general dont really find the american accent attractive. Its kind of annoying, nothing to do with race mate.
Original post by Anonymous
South Asians see the Chinese as an inferior race.

Spoiler

We don't see you as the inferior race :colonhash: if anything it's the other way round.
Original post by qasim_96
We don't see you as the inferior race :colonhash: if anything it's the other way round.

You didn't read the spoiler did you? :s-smilie:
Original post by Anonymous
You didn't read the spoiler did you? :s-smilie:

I did. I was just confirming that it was the case :redface:
From more experience

the order in which type of people find orientals the most attactive

East asain > South asians > whites
Original post by Proxenus
From more experience

the order in which type of people find orientals the most attactive

East asain > South asians > whites
I find whites more attractive than any other girls you've mentioned. 😀