The Student Room Group

Grade boundaries come out on results day

Scroll to see replies

I would like to think that this is them genuinely attempting to reduce anxiety... would like to.....
Original post by Lemur14
Depends on the real reason why they aren't releasing them until results day (I'm pretty sure reducing anxiety wasn't the reason somehow). If it's in any way linked to the likely grade boundaries of the new linear A levels (while they hadn't all been set when they announced this, they analyse trends and likely boundaries as they go along so they would have some idea) then it could be as they're happy to release the outgoing specification gbs but cannot say this so are "keeping them all back" while in reality releasing the ones they are happy to release if you care to look!

Original post by Lemur14
Some of them may be unexpectedly high, but equally some of them may be unexpectedly low.
Not all of the papers will be the same (as in particularly high or low compared to estimates)

Please be careful saying things like this - you are just guessing. Conspiracy theorising isn't helpful or appropriate :wink:
Original post by Doonesbury
Please be careful saying things like this - you are just guessing. Conspiracy theorising isn't helpful or appropriate :wink:

Sorry! :hide:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tell me about it, any predictions?
I think I got around 30 max.
Hoping that's enough for an A. Highly doubt it though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I guess so, I really need an A for my firm. I pray I get in I think I got 160-165 max overall over the 3 papers.

Good luck, only time will tell now. Really interested to see the unified boundary though

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply