The Student Room Group

Condoms- help!!

I went on a website that recommended I get condoms called mysize 47mm but shops in uk only stock like other ones. Is it ok to just wear whatever they sell in shops? Any advice appreciated!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Benr123456
I went on a website that recommended I get condoms called mysize 47mm but shops in uk only stock like other ones. Is it ok to just wear whatever they sell in shops? Any advice appreciated!

Oh my god just please buy some condoms already. SO many threads!!!
Reply 2
Sorry!!
Reply 3
Only two I think!
If the 47mm is the width, then condoms should have that on the packet. Buy or find a free source of some at least that size. Sorted (rather more cheaply too...)
Reply 5
Original post by unprinted
If the 47mm is the width, then condoms should have that on the packet. Buy or find a free source of some at least that size. Sorted (rather more cheaply too...)

Thanks I just haven't found any in uk shops that are that size so I'm wondering if I can get away with shop ones?
See for example, Pasante Trim - 49mm wide, should be available at most sexual health clinics and other places where free condoms can be found.
Reply 7
Original post by unprinted
See for example, Pasante Trim - 49mm wide, should be available at most sexual health clinics and other places where free condoms can be found.

In the uk?
Yes. They're cheaper to buy wholesale than Durex, so they're very common in clinics etc.

Alternatively, do a search for 'NHS freedom condoms' for an online store.
Reply 9
Anyone know of a place where 47mm or 45mm ones are free?
As said, try any sexual health clinic. They Pasante ones are extreme common there - I used to order thousands and thousands of them from one NHS scheme for the project I worked with.
Reply 11
Ok so I tried the ones called pasante trim and they still sort of bunched up. Any other ideas?
Reply 12
Ok so I tried the ones called pasante trim and they still sort of bunched up. Any other ideas?

The most accurate sizing you'll find will be from TheyFit. As they have range of lengths to go along with widths.
Reply 13
Original post by Devify
The most accurate sizing you'll find will be from TheyFit. As they have range of lengths to go along with widths.

If they bunch up is it coz they are too wide or too thin? Or too long?
Reply 14
If they bunch up is it coz they are too wide or too thin? Or too long?

If they were too thin, they would be stretching rather than bunching up. How exactly are they bunching up? Is it along the side that there's too much room or is it at the tip or base where the material is just rolling and bunching up.

If it's along the side that it's wrinkling up then it's still too wide. If it's just bunching up at the base or tip, then it's likely too long and you rolled too much of it down. So if it's the second option, try putting one on without trying to unroll the whole condom and just rolling it down as much as you need to get to your base.

Edit. Also, if you roll it down only as much as you need and it keeps still rolling up and bunching up, it's likely that it's still too wide as it's loose and moves around. If there's only very slight bunching up, then you're likely fine.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by Devify
If they were too thin, they would be stretching rather than bunching up. How exactly are they bunching up? Is it along the side that there's too much room or is it at the tip or base where the material is just rolling and bunching up.

If it's along the side that it's wrinkling up then it's still too wide. If it's just bunching up at the base or tip, then it's likely too long and you rolled too much of it down. So if it's the second option, try putting one on without trying to unroll the whole condom and just rolling it down as much as you need to get to your base.

Edit. Also, if you roll it down only as much as you need and it keeps still rolling up and bunching up, it's likely that it's still too wide as it's loose and moves around. If there's only very slight bunching up, then you're likely fine.

I didn't unroll it all the way but it kinda bunches a bit at the sides when I you know. And that makes it looser. The sizes I ordered haven't arrived yet but I thought it was worth trying these pasante ones as I hoped they might be right for me. Sounds like you think they are still wrong?
Reply 16
I think the pasante ones are 49mm
Reply 17
I didn't unroll it all the way but it kinda bunches a bit at the sides when I you know. And that makes it looser. The sizes I ordered haven't arrived yet but I thought it was worth trying these pasante ones as I hoped they might be right for me. Sounds like you think they are still wrong?

It's bunching at the sides so it's clearly still too wide. It should be on smoothly. If you need an idea just think about how things are packaged. Like when you get a box wrapped in plastic wrap. It's nice and smooth and just the right size for the box but you can still slide it down (given that there's a hole at one end). So when you have a condom on, it should be smoothly covering you, no bunching up with loose material.
Reply 18
Original post by Devify
It's bunching at the sides so it's clearly still too wide. It should be on smoothly. If you need an idea just think about how things are packaged. Like when you get a box wrapped in plastic wrap. It's nice and smooth and just the right size for the box but you can still slide it down (given that there's a hole at one end). So when you have a condom on, it should be smoothly covering you, no bunching up with loose material.

Ok I'll wait until the other sizes arrive and try those
Reply 19
Original post by Devify

Does that mean I should rule out any standard sizes?

Quick Reply

Latest