The Student Room Group

I just declined both my uni offers

I was already planning on going through clearing but I found out that if you decline your offers on results day it could take up to 10 days to get your clearing number and I don't want to take that risk because I want to apply to another uni. But now I've found out that even though I've asked them to decline me, these unis could miss tomorrow's UCAS deadline and I don't know what's going to happen to me - will I get my clearing number in time??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by cherub_xx
I was already planning on going through clearing but I found out that if you decline your offers on results day it could take up to 10 days to get your clearing number and I don't want to take that risk because I want to apply to another uni. But now I've found out that even though I've asked them to decline me, these unis could miss tomorrow's UCAS deadline and I don't know what's going to happen to me - will I get my clearing number in time??

You'll just have to wait and see. The uni won't deliberately miss the deadline, but if they're really busy with other students who have left it until the last minute they may not have time to process it. But even if it is processed late, you'll still be in Clearing earlier by asking now rather than waiting til results day.
Reply 2
You were FAR too late. You can't be serious about this, there's no chance for you to get into uni this year
Reply 3
Original post by Crux_
You were FAR too late. You can't be serious about this, there's no chance for you to get into uni this year

It's fine I got it in time I wasn't too late at all.
Original post by JohnEssayWriter
Hello, i can help you in writing an excellent admission letter which will guarantee you of admission into the University of your dreams.

No, you obviously can't. "guarantee you of" LMAO
Original post by RogerOxon
No, you obviously can't. "guarantee you of" LMAO

Next thing you know you'll have a Norwegian prince on here offering free flights :rolleyes:
Reply 7
I really think you should have waited for some replies before rejecting your UCAS offers... it doesn't take 10 days at all for your Clearing number to appear. I don't know where you got that from...
There was always a chance that you might have met the requirements for your Firm/Insurance, or that they offered you an alternative course with lower entry requirements.
Original post by Petulia
I really think you should have waited for some replies before rejecting your UCAS offers... it doesn't take 10 days at all for your Clearing number to appear. I don't know where you got that from...
There was always a chance that you might have met the requirements for your Firm/Insurance, or that they offered you an alternative course with lower entry requirements.

Clearing number only appears once results have been gotten
Reply 9
Original post by Petulia

OP refers to declining their offers on results day, which suggests they were expecting to meet their grades but just wanted to go another uni.
Original post by DreamlinerFinder
Clearing number only appears once results have been gotten

That's what I meant. There wasn't any point in rejecting both unis before result's day, because the clearing number would have appeared almost straight away on that day anyway, and OP doesn't know their results yet so they can't apply for another uni until results day anyway..... I don't see what they achieved by doing this.
Original post by Petulia
That's what I meant. There wasn't any point in rejecting both unis before result's day, because the clearing number would have appeared almost straight away on that day anyway, and OP doesn't know their results yet so they can't apply for another uni until results day anyway..... I don't see what they achieved by doing this.

Quite a bit, because if OP declined their offers on results day, they could be in purgatory for up to a week or more, because they will be low priority for the uni and they will not be instantaneous on releasing them, and then the good clearing places will have gone.
Original post by DreamlinerFinder
Quite a bit, because if OP declined their offers on results day, they could be in purgatory for up to a week or more, because they will be low priority for the uni and they will not be instantaneous on releasing them, and then the good clearing places will have gone.

If they just want to change universities and they know they're going to meet their target grades then wouldn't it be safer to use Adjustment on the day?
Reply 13
Original post by Petulia
If they just want to change universities and they know they're going to meet their target grades then wouldn't it be safer to use Adjustment on the day?

Why "safer" what is the risk?
Original post by Petulia

Adjustment is safer, but there are NO lists for it, as far as I know it's on uni websites, but under 1k people used it last year!.
Original post by Artjen
Why "safer" what is the risk?

If your Firm or Insurance have accepted you, you can use Adjustment to browse other unis and ask if they'll take you, without having to lose your Firm place straight away. To use Clearing, you have to reject all of your choices first, meaning you can't fall back on them if you don't find a new place in Clearing.
What if you don't get into your firm AND insurance? Will you get your clearing number automatically
Original post by itsyrt
What if you don't get into your firm AND insurance? Will you get your clearing number automatically

If they've both rejected you in time yes.
Original post by PQ
If they've both rejected you in time yes.

What if you don't have an insurance choice and you get accepted into your firm? Can you go through adjustment and swap places without a clearing number or do you still have to ask the firm uni to be released into clearing?
Original post by itsyrt
What if you don't have an insurance choice and you get accepted into your firm? Can you go through adjustment and swap places without a clearing number or do you still have to ask the firm uni to be released into clearing?

If you've fully met the exact conditions of your firm offer and exceeded them then you can use adjustment.

Adjustment only lasts for 5 calendar days though. It's not a common route and doesn't give much opportunity to shop around and think about the options.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending