The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Ask Us Anything

Scroll to see replies

Hi Shuaib,

This is great question.

We will ask our Dentistry Team and see if we can find an answer for you.

They love a question they can get their teeth into. (Sorry we couldn't resist) :laugh:

We will check this out and let you know soon.

Thanks

Stephen
(Team Queen's)

Original post by legend1000
Hi,

A question/topic I have been researching for a long time but haven't been able to find a proper answer, unfortunately.

After studying 5 years of dentistry and graduating in the UK with a Dentistry (BDS) degree, what would be the easiest way to get to the USA and be a dentist over there? As in, what is the procedure? If you have any ideas of costs or anything it would be much appreciated.

Thank you very much all,
Shuaib
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Original post by Queen's University Belfast
Hi Shuaib,

This is great question.

We will ask our Dentistry Team and see if we can find an answer for you.

They love a question they can get their teeth into. (Sorry we couldn't resist) :laugh:

We will check this out and let you know soon.

Thanks

Stephen
(Team Queen's)

Thanks.
Original post by legend1000
Hi,

A question/topic I have been researching for a long time but haven't been able to find a proper answer, unfortunately.

After studying 5 years of dentistry and graduating in the UK with a Dentistry (BDS) degree, what would be the easiest way to get to the USA and be a dentist over there? As in, what is the procedure? If you have any ideas of costs or anything it would be much appreciated.

Thank you very much all,
Shuaib

Hi there Shuaib,

The best source of information on this is the American Student Dental Association (ASDA).

Obtaining a licence to practice varies between States in the USA but you can read more about what is involved in the process here.

I hope this helps and best of luck! :goodluck:

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Hi,

I've recently accepted a place to study the postgraduate Cyber Security MSc, and was wondering when the registration and enrollment will be for that course.

Thanks.
Original post by SueDohnim101
Hi,

I've recently accepted a place to study the postgraduate Cyber Security MSc, and was wondering when the registration and enrollment will be for that course.

Thanks.

Hi SueDohnim101,

I am just going to check this out and I'll be back in touch when I have an answer for you ... :popout:

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Hi,

Thanks.

Hello again! :hello:

Postgraduate Registration opens Wednesday 13 September 2017 at 10.00am.

See you on campus!

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Hello again! :hello:

Postgraduate Registration opens Wednesday 13 September 2017 at 10.00am.

See you on campus!

Kachela
(Team Queen's)

That's great, thank you.

Another quick question, do you know if that is the same for the onsite registration and if there are any induction days?

Thanks again.
That's great, thank you.

Another quick question, do you know if that is the same for the onsite registration and if there are any induction days?

Thanks again.

On-site registration will be between the 18th and 22nd of September as will the induction days. These will be specified when you receive your Welcome Pack at the end of August. :thumbsup:
Reply 208
Hi, I was just wondering when the offers for accommodation would be sent for offer holders? I will be coming from England so I wanted to star getting my things in order. Thanks!
Original post by bura94
Hi, I was just wondering when the offers for accommodation would be sent for offer holders? I will be coming from England so I wanted to star getting my things in order. Thanks!

Hi there bura94 :hi:

The allocations for accommodation will begin in mid-August, so the team will be in contact with you very soon regarding your application.

See you on campus in September!

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Reply 210
Hi there bura94 :hi:

The allocations for accommodation will begin in mid-August, so the team will be in contact with you very soon regarding your application.

See you on campus in September!

Kachela
(Team Queen's)

Thank you!
Original post by bura94
Thank you!

You are very welcome!:hat2:
Hi
I was wondering if I'm currently holding a conditional offer for a Msci Biochemistry which has grade requirements AAB, I was wondering if I miss these requirements and for example got ABB would I get an offer from the same course but the bachelor version without the masters which has grade requirements BBB
Hi! I have a question about changing course! On the enquiry form there's an option to change course from the one you already have at queens! Let's call them course 1 and course 2. If I already have a place for course 1 and want to change to course 2 and try to do so using an enquiry form after results but I don't get into course 2, do I still have my place on course 1? Thank you!
Original post by ambarellarose
Hi
I was wondering if I'm currently holding a conditional offer for a Msci Biochemistry which has grade requirements AAB, I was wondering if I miss these requirements and for example got ABB would I get an offer from the same course but the bachelor version without the masters which has grade requirements BBB

Hi ambarellarose,

If you contact our Admissions team directly on +44(0) 28 9097 3838 they will be able to advise you properly.

Team Queen's
Original post by cait1239
Hi! I have a question about changing course! On the enquiry form there's an option to change course from the one you already have at queens! Let's call them course 1 and course 2. If I already have a place for course 1 and want to change to course 2 and try to do so using an enquiry form after results but I don't get into course 2, do I still have my place on course 1? Thank you!

Hey cait1239,

If you contact our Admissions team directly on +44(0) 28 9097 3838 they will be able to advise you properly on what steps you will need to take.

Team Queen's
Hi, I saw an option to pay for a parking permit for the year on my accommodation application, but at the time it wasn't relevant to me and so I didn't put in a parking application. However, now circumstances have changed and I wish to apply for a parking permit (I think at Elms Village) - - how do I put in an application for parking if I have already secured accommodation? Thanks for your help!
If you contact our Accommodation Team, they will be able to explain how this works,

T: +44 (0) 28 9097 4525
E: [email protected]

Good luck,

Team Queen's :driver:

Original post by richarddawkins
Hi, I saw an option to pay for a parking permit for the year on my accommodation application, but at the time it wasn't relevant to me and so I didn't put in a parking application. However, now circumstances have changed and I wish to apply for a parking permit (I think at Elms Village) - - how do I put in an application for parking if I have already secured accommodation? Thanks for your help!
Hi,

I applied for accommodation in May. I wanted to know when I get confirmation of my accommodation? And what are the chances of being placed in accommodation with someone from your course?
Original post by socialworker2be
Hi,

I applied for accommodation in May. I wanted to know when I get confirmation of my accommodation? And what are the chances of being placed in accommodation with someone from your course?

Hi socialworker2be :hello:

Can I just confirm what your home country is and I will check what date accomodation offers will be made from for you?

Team Queen's

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending