The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by carpenoctem
I haven't been on here in months but with results day around the corner I found myself being lured back onto TSR :evilbanana:

:hi: :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:biggrin: Your ubiquitous presence on this site is truly admirable
:biggrin: Your ubiquitous presence on this site is truly admirable

tbh I haven't posted in days as well, your post was the first I've seen and commented on in a while :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I haven't been on here in months but with results day around the corner I found myself being lured back onto TSR :evilbanana:

legit the peak times of this website are from january-end of june (revision period) and results day for IB and AS/A2. all the other articles are AMA or random threads atm or questions about freshers/clearing/adjustment
Original post by wolfmoon88
tbh I haven't posted in days as well, your post was the first I've seen and commented on in a while :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm actually so honoured :colondollar:
I'm actually so honoured :colondollar:

:rofl: my internet is literally dead right now so can't be on here as much.

glad to be of assistance in some way :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey everyone. I am currently deciding on which modules I should take for my first year of NatSci. Can anyone tell me whether I should do my own catching up to if I were to take Mathematics A? (I did not take Further Mathematics in my A-Levels, however I did score a 96% for A-Level Mathematics).
Original post by fontaine97
Hey everyone. I am currently deciding on which modules I should take for my first year of NatSci. Can anyone tell me whether I should do my own catching up to if I were to take Mathematics A? (I did not take Further Mathematics in my A-Levels, however I did score a 96% for A-Level Mathematics).

You'll be sent a booklet of questions to do over the summer later on. I don't know much about this, but I don't think there's anything above that you have to do. I'd only advise catching up on FM if you were choosing Maths B; Maths A should be fine. (Caveat: I don't know much about this and could be utterly wrong)

@alow can give you a better answer.
Reply 3968

Don't worry too much. Anything that wasn't in A Level Maths will be covered (i.e. no FM is assumed), if you really want to get ahead you could go over the FP modules but don't be concerned about not knowing as much maths as some people as there are loads of different curricula students have done at high school. The start of each "module" is more about bringing everyone up to speed than doing loads of new maths.

Enjoy your Summer holiday.

You don't need to but I'd suggest reading up on the following topics from FP modules: vectors; matrices; first and second order ordinary differential equations (ODEs); complex numbers; hyperbolic functions (including the use of hyperbolic subsitutions when integrating); polar coordinates. Plus, if you haven't done S2 either, pdfs/cdfs. All of these are covered in Maths A and B (mostly in the first term) and should make it easier to hit the ground running in October.
Just a reminder that the results day/confirmation thread will be back from Wednesday so start thinking about what you'd like to know.
I'm getting really scared now, hence I've been keeping off TSR, but I miss you guys a lot.

Also new profile pic :tongue:
(edited 6 years ago)
My offer condition was to get S, S in STEP 2 and 3. My preparation for both papers was quite satisfying; but due to sickness (fever) and nervousness, I messed up STEP 2 - will get a 2 most probably. :-( STEP 3 went pretty good and expecting a high S grade. But I am afraid STEP 2 might get me a rejection. :-(

Although it might be a bit late, but is there any extenuating circumstances form which I can submit to compensate for a bad STEP 2?
Reply 3973
Original post by SteamboatMickey
I'm getting really scared now, hence I've been keeping off TSR, but I miss you guys a lot.

Also new profile pic :tongue:

Who are you?
Reply 3974
Original post by botmun2
My offer condition was to get S, S in STEP 2 and 3. My preparation for both papers was quite satisfying; but due to sickness (fever) and nervousness, I messed up STEP 2 - will get a 2 most probably. :-( STEP 3 went pretty good and expecting a high S grade. But I am afraid STEP 2 might get me a rejection. :-(

Although it might be a bit late, but is there any extenuating circumstances form which I can submit to compensate for a bad STEP 2?

Ask your referee to send a note to your college, quoting your UCAS number.

2,S might get you pooled. And possibly fished.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Doonesbury

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for your suggestion!
Who are you?

the real question is who are you!?
Original post by SteamboatMickey
the real question is who are you!?

Don't quote me on this but some say he's jneill...

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi again, I haven't been able to get in touch with my referee/rather they haven't replied. Should I email my college or wait?
Reply 3979
Original post by Xphoenix
Hi again, I haven't been able to get in touch with my referee/rather they haven't replied. Should I email my college or wait?

How long have you been waiting? Teachers are allowed holidays...

Latest

Trending

Trending