The Student Room Group

What happens at a Greggs job interview?

Hello :smile:
So last week I applied for a team member job at greggs and I got an email saying I have an interview on Tuesday, so i'm just wondering, what happens at the inteview as on the email it says it takes 45 minutes and I want to know what kind of questions they ask. What happens after if you get the job?
I wanna know to, hopefully someone will reply
Check out interview experiences on Glassdoor. This is one that I read, she was only interviewed a dew days ago.

The women there went through my application and asked a couple of questions and situational ones. Example: Why did you want to work for Greggs ? How do you offer excellent customer service ? If a client orders a vegetarian sandwich and gets a chicken one, what do you do ? Can you give me an example when you took initiative ? Basically if you read about the company values and way of delivering service, everything will be alright. Got the answer straight away. Show that you are well informed and confident.
they will ask you typical questions like why do you want to here, what skills do you have etc. you should look on glassdoor and see what questions have been asked and then note them all down, then prepare answers for them. After the interview you will probably have to wait a week until you get a response about the outcome of the interview. If you don't get one then give it another week and then call up recruitment to see what happened. Make sure to research the company and their values and include them in your answers, find examples that demonstrates their values. Good luck! if you have any other questions about greggs feel free to ask me i currently work there :smile:
Original post by bubblegumcat
they will ask you typical questions like why do you want to here, what skills do you have etc. you should look on glassdoor and see what questions have been asked and then note them all down, then prepare answers for them. After the interview you will probably have to wait a week until you get a response about the outcome of the interview. If you don't get one then give it another week and then call up recruitment to see what happened. Make sure to research the company and their values and include them in your answers, find examples that demonstrates their values. Good luck! if you have any other questions about greggs feel free to ask me i currently work there :smile:

I did some interview question research on glassdoor and I researched Greggs' visions and values and researched their history. My interview was today and it went really well! The manager, who was really friendly seemed really impressed by my knowledge too from the research I did and from my answers (since I've worked in customer service before) and she even showed me around and introduced me to staff afterwards. She also asked for my uniform size, so does this all mean I'm going to be likely offered the job?
Original post by BeatleManiac98
So last week I applied for a team member job at greggs and I got an email saying I have an interview on Tuesday, so i'm just wondering, what happens at the inteview as on the email it says it takes 45 minutes and I want to know what kind of questions they ask. What happens after if you get the job?

I work part time in greggs and i had my interview 2 months ago so hopefully i can help! You get asked a LOT of questions - mainly 'what would you do in this scenario' questions like 'how would you gain us more sales' and 'what is your favourite greggs product.' I would say try to answer all questions as best and fully as you can. You get asked quite a lot though, which is good because they want to have staff with high standards and who care about their role. I would defo learn answers to very common interview questions to do with your past experience, strengths, teamwork experience etc, so you can answer some things more easily :smile: Hope this helps!
Original post by Holaitsstephx
I work part time in greggs and i had my interview 2 months ago so hopefully i can help! You get asked a LOT of questions - mainly 'what would you do in this scenario' questions like 'how would you gain us more sales' and 'what is your favourite greggs product.' I would say try to answer all questions as best and fully as you can. You get asked quite a lot though, which is good because they want to have staff with high standards and who care about their role. I would defo learn answers to very common interview questions to do with your past experience, strengths, teamwork experience etc, so you can answer some things more easily :smile: Hope this helps!

I did my research on Greggs like their history and visions and values and looked up greggs interview questions on glassdoor before hand. I had my interview today and I think it went well! The manager, who was kind and friendly seemed really impressed by my knowledge and my answers. At the end she took my uniform sizes and even showed me around the back of the store abit and introduced me to the staff. Are these good signs I got the job? She said it'll be around 5 days when she'll get back in touch with me.
I did my research on Greggs like their history and visions and values and looked up greggs interview questions on glassdoor before hand. I had my interview today and I think it went well! The manager, who was kind and friendly seemed really impressed by my knowledge and my answers. At the end she took my uniform sizes and even showed me around the back of the store abit and introduced me to the staff. Are these good signs I got the job? She said it'll be around 5 days when she'll get back in touch with me.

I think it is highly likely you have got the job! I was also asked my uniform sizes at the end of my interview as well although i wasnt introduced to the other staff yet.
I did some interview question research on glassdoor and I researched Greggs' visions and values and researched their history. My interview was today and it went really well! The manager, who was really friendly seemed really impressed by my knowledge too from the research I did and from my answers (since I've worked in customer service before) and she even showed me around and introduced me to staff afterwards. She also asked for my uniform size, so does this all mean I'm going to be likely offered the job?

hey, glad it went well! it's seems likely that you got the job! I remember reading on glassdoor that apparently if they ask for your uniform size then it's likely you got the job but i'm not really sure.

Yes, that's a great sign. I would say clear your diary it sounds like the job is yours.
Original post by bubblegumcat
hey, glad it went well! it's seems likely that you got the job! I remember reading on glassdoor that apparently if they ask for your uniform size then it's likely you got the job but i'm not really sure.

They always ask for uniform size. The interview answers are sent to head office then they decide

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi everyone,
They sent me an email saying they were very impressed by more performance, but they couldn't offer me the job. Unsure why though if they thought my interview went well.
Hi everyone,
They sent me an email saying they were very impressed by more performance, but they couldn't offer me the job. Unsure why though if they thought my interview went well.

they sent the same thing to me as well, i think it's just a standard thing? did they mention that they'll call you if any other vacancies come up? i ended up getting the job eventually bc they made a mistake, so maybe they did with yours as well

I've just applied for a job at greggs and I was just wondering had you had any job experience before you got the greggs job? Because I haven't so I was wondering whether I will be unsuccessful with the application process

Hiya, I interviewed at Greggs on the 14th of August. The questions they asked were pretty much identical to these https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Interview/Greggs-Interview-Questions-E10161.htm

There were two women interviewing and they were lovely, the interview was nice and informal. They called me up around a week later and offered me the job, which I accepted and I was asked when I could start and given the date of my training day (which was just watching videos and eating free food :smile:).

I would suggest doing a bit of background research into Greggs which you can find on their website, as they seemed very impressed that I had done my research. Good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending