The Student Room Group

Saudi Arabia to open luxury beach resort where women can wear bikinis

It's not clear if it will apply to muslims as well but tourists will be able to wear bikinis in the new luxury beach resort set to open in 2022.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/08/02/saudi-arabia-open-luxury-beach-resort-women-can-wear-bikinis/

Is Saudi Arabia finally coming into the 21st century? Changes like this can only be positive for the country.

Scroll to see replies

Keep in mind that it will cost a ton to enter though :sadnod: it IS the Middle East after all...
:shock:
Original post by Meany Pie
:shock:

Lmao is it that amazing?
Original post by ClearSky
Lmao is it that amazing?

That is most repressive country on earth does something progressive?
I don't know why anyone would want to spend a single penny on the country and subsequently contribute to their economy.
That is most repressive country on earth does something progressive?

Repressive - lmao :rofl:
As I said though, it will cost LOADS to enter lol - that's the middle east for you :lol:
As I said though, it will cost LOADS to enter lol - that's the middle east for you :lol:

It is repressive, human and women's rights is a joke to them, they are the worst abusers of both.

I won't be going there, they kill people like me.
Original post by Conceited
I don't know why anyone would want to spend a single penny on the country and subsequently contribute to their economy.

I disagree, yes there are human rights abuses and terrorism issues but I think them doing things like this will allow them to see the benefits of western values and encourage them to integrate into the world more.

If they made this resort and then nobody ever went there simply because they hold a grudge against the country then it will never change. Change has to happen slowly over time and Saudi Arabia is slowly but surely changing. As far as I'm concerned when a country does something positive, we should acknowledge that and support them to do more positive things.

What's so funny? Can I live there happily as a female, bisexual apostate?
It is repressive, human and women's rights is a joke to them, they are the worst abusers of both.

I won't be going there, they kill people like me.

Idk about that but maybe it's true :dontknow:

Never mind, there are nicer places in the world :hugs:
Original post by orderofthelotus
What's so funny? Can I live there happily as a female, bisexual apostate?

It's just the fact that she said it that way :smile: it was pretty honest and straightforward.
Sorry about that - I'm not the queen of KSA though so I can't do anything about that :console:
My prediction: it's going to be a hotbed for perverts and predators.
Idk about that but maybe it's true :dontknow:

Never mind, there are nicer places in the world :hugs:

https://www.hrw.org/middle-east/n-africa/saudi-arabia
You can read all about it if you like.

Pretty much everywhere that isn't in the ME
Original post by Conceited

Bit harsh tbh - if we all hate them, they'll never change.
Original post by Command&Conquer
It's not clear if it will apply to muslims as well but tourists will be able to wear bikinis in the new luxury beach resort set to open in 2022.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/08/02/saudi-arabia-open-luxury-beach-resort-women-can-wear-bikinis/

Is Saudi Arabia finally coming into the 21st century? Changes like this can only be positive for the country.

Good news but I am doubtful whether muslim women will also be allowed to wear bikinis.
(edited 6 years ago)
https://www.hrw.org/middle-east/n-africa/saudi-arabia
You can read all about it if you like.

Pretty much everywhere that isn't in the ME

Heh. Coincidentally I'm in the ME now :biggrin:
That's horrible though :cry2: it's so sad - I'm not there now but idk if they do it over here in Qatar :frown:
Original post by LostYouth
My prediction: it's going to be a hotbed for perverts and predators.

I doubt it, the luxury resort is on an island separate from the mainland so unless you have a holiday there they probably won't allow you to travel there.

Bit harsh tbh - if we all hate them, they'll never change.

Exactly, holding a grudge is just unhealthy. If a country is attempting to modernise and change we should support them.
Holy moly they are that tiny step closer to the 21st century!
Original post by Sam Disht
Good news but I am doubtful whether muslim women will also be allowed to bikinis.

Ofc they will.
It's a matter of them not wanting to wear a bikini.

Original post by Command&Conquer

Exactly, holding a grudge is just unhealthy. If a country is attempting to modernise and change we should support them.

:yep: ^^

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending