The Student Room Group

Man, 20, dies following police pursuit.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ChaoticButterfly

and people say racism doesn't exist.

Who has said that, and how does it relate to the article you linked?
Original post by IamJacksContempt
Not sure why the anti police brigade are considering this news a win. You do realise he still had an object (possibly illegal object) lodged in his throat/system which he put there himself.

The fact of the matter is that the object was not a drug, so everyone can disregard the assumption that his death was caused by a drug overdose.

Yes he put the object in his mouth, but you don't know how it got lodged into his throat so let's not jump to conclusions yet again.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-40806597

Don't try and play the racism card just because he was black, FFS. What on earth has racism got to do with this??? Someone was running from the police, they got caught, they shoved something down their throat. Whether they were black, white, green, yellow, whatever - it's a fair conclusion to jump to since it's fairly common for people to try and "destroy the evidence" in such a manner.
Original post by cherryred90s
you don't know how it got lodged into his throat so let's not jump to conclusions yet again.

There is a fair chance it is something to do with him shoving it down his throat, as depicted on CCTV, while trying to get away, though, eh? It didn't fall in there accidentally and nobody else has been seen to have shoved it there.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-40806597

It does exist. It doesn't exist in this situation.

Prove the policeman in the CCTV murdered the boy because of his skin colour.

Or maybe, this boy was a thug and the police officer was doing his ****ing job?
Black Lives Matter is a ****ing joke.
Original post by WoodyMKC
Don't try and play the racism card just because he was black, FFS. What on earth has racism got to do with this??? Someone was running from the police, they got caught, they shoved something down their throat. Whether they were black, white, green, yellow, whatever - it's a fair conclusion to jump to since it's fairly common for people to try and "destroy the evidence" in such a manner.

I'll play any card I like :u:

The police lie to cover up their **** and this black kid is one of many data points that shows black people disproportionately suffer this kind of thing. You can try and work out why this disproportional exists, to me it seems kind of obvious racism is going to play a big part of it.

Original post by Dodgypirate
It does exist. It doesn't exist in this situation.

Prove the policeman in the CCTV murdered the boy because of his skin colour.

Or maybe, this boy was a thug and the police officer was doing his ****ing job?

It isn't the polices job to strangle people to death.
(edited 6 years ago)
black people disproportionately suffer this kind of thing.

This kind of thing? Is that death or injury while resisting arrest? Or self-inflicted choking? Or injudicious swallowing of foreign bodies?
Original post by Good bloke
This kind of thing? Is that death or injury while resisting arrest? Or self-inflicted choking? Or injudicious swallowing of foreign bodies?

Disproportionate over the top police brutality, sometimes leading to death.
Disproportionate over the top police brutality, sometimes leading to death.

Frankly, I don't see any evidence of disproportionate police behaviour here. He ran. What do you expect the police to do in that case? Let him get away? I don't think so. He was chased and there was a struggle, inevitable if someone is trying to evade arrest. If they do that they knowingly run the risk of injury or even death, even when that is not the intention.

The best advice is to submit without a struggle and sort out any misunderstandings later, as most reasonable people would.
I'll play any card I like :u:

The police lie to cover up their **** and this black kid is one of many data points that shows black people disproportionately suffer this kind of thing. You can try and work out why this disproportional exists, to me it seems kind of obvious racism is going to play a big part of it.

Honestly, how smug can you get?

I think you're just a troll. Where is the evidence that in this instance the officer targeted Rashan because he's black? Show it.

Go look at the official UK statistics for crimes by race and tell me there isn't a disproportion between the number of black UK population, especially young black men and youths, and the crime level committed by this population.

It's not rocket science. Police are likely to be more in contact with the black offenders, leading to the police to stop them in a way that is deemed disproportionate.

What's worse, in the US, the police have guns.

It isn't the polices job to strangle people to death.

Where is the evidence the police officer in question strangled the perp to death? You're not helping anyone by making rash assumptions like this. I'm sick and tired of you now.
Frankly, I don't see any evidence of disproportionate police behaviour here.

He was choked to death...

No evidence.

Due process must be upheld. Wait till the IPCC conclude their investigation, then you can come and gloat here

Have you forgotten the foreign body he thrust down his own throat?

Have they released the post mortem results?

Posted from TSR Mobile
There is a fair chance it is something to do with him shoving it down his throat, as depicted on CCTV, while trying to get away, though, eh? It didn't fall in there accidentally and nobody else has been seen to have shoved it there.

You didn't see him shove it down his throat, you saw him put it in his mouth. There is a difference.
Original post by Meany Pie
Have they released the post mortem results?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Didn't you know, Chaotic has access to them!
You didn't see him shove it down his throat, you saw him put it in his mouth. There is a difference.

Give me a break. You are clueless.

Was he just saving it for later like a chipmunk?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dodgypirate
Give me a break. You are clueless.

Nope, I'm just open minded. You should try it some time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending