The Student Room Group

Man, 20, dies following police pursuit.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cherryred90s
You didn't see him shove it down his throat, you saw him put it in his mouth. There is a difference.

I wonder where it might go after being inserted in his mouth. I wonder if someone else could have put it there without the camera catching it. I wonder what accident could have befallen him to allow another foreign body into his throat without first going via his mouth.

Give me strength!
Nope, I'm just open minded. You should try it some time.

Open-minded? :lol:

I'm willing to wait till the investigation ends and we know exactly what happened. You're jumping to conclusions and are probably hoping the police officer gets in trouble. You refuse to accept the possibility that the police officer might be innocent.

Not only are you close-minded, you're also an airhead.
Original post by Meany Pie
Was he just saving it for later like a chipmunk?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm just saying...because he is making it seem as if the object was already lodged in his throat before the police intervened and there's no way to know that yet.
I know how badly you all want his death to have been self-inflicted.
Original post by Good bloke
I wonder where it might go after being inserted in his mouth. I wonder if someone else could have put it there without the camera catching it. I wonder what accident could have befallen him to allow another foreign body into his throat without first going via his mouth.

Give me strength!

I think we're about to reveal the existence of vampires. The post-mortem is to conclude a vampire inserted his penis into the boy's mouth, leading to asphyxiation.
Original post by Dodgypirate
Open-minded? :lol:

I'm willing to wait till the investigation ends and we know exactly what happened. You're jumping to conclusions and are probably hoping the police officer gets in trouble. You refuse to accept the possibility that the police officer might be innocent.

Not only are you close-minded, you're also an airhead.

I've been open minded the whole time.

You refuse to accept the possibility that police officer might have been guilty, and let's face it, it's not looking too good for him right now.
I'm just saying...because he is making it seem as if the object was already lodged in his throat before the police intervened and there's no way to know that yet.
I know how badly you all want his death to have been self-inflicted.

It is highly likely that it occurred during the struggle, but he is the only one to be blamed for being in that situation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think we're about to reveal the existence of vampires. The post-mortem is to conclude a vampire inserted his penis into the boy's mouth, leading to asphyxiation.

A more reasonable assumption is that a djinn done it, or that the object fell off a shelf in the shop during the struggle. But I imagine that the protestors all believe the foreign body was planted in the mortuary, and that what appears to be the dead chap putting it in his mouth was actually him attending to his dental hygiene ahead of a close encounter with a policeman.
it's not looking too good for him right now.

Why? I saw the dead bloke shove something in his gob while resisting arrest. I thought it likely it was a bag of drugs. He continued resisting arrest and I could not get the foreign body off him, despite attempts to do so. It turned out not to be drugs.

That sounds and looks (from the CCTV) entirely reasonable to me.

Give me strength!

I very clearly said that he put the object in his mouth, but in order for it to be lodged into his throat means that he either tried to swallow it or it was pushed into his throat by the officer
I've been open minded the whole time.

You refuse to accept the possibility that police officer might have been guilty, and let's face it, it's not looking too good for him right now.

This to-and-fro of who is open-minded is getting childish.

I have not ignored any alley of possibility, I simply want the IPCC investigation to conclude.

If the police officer is seen to have used excessive force or even charged with manslaughter, I will put my hands up (ironically what the perp failed to do) and accept the decision. Can we expect the same from you? I don't think so.
I very clearly said that he put the object in his mouth, but in order for it to be lodged into his throat means that he either tried to swallow it or it was pushed into his throat by the officer

You must have really, really good eyesight to be able to tell whether the perp swallowed the object or not.

Ever considered signing up for the Royal Air Force?

Are you an X-Men?

You actually the police officer knowingly pushed the object down the guy's throat. You actually think this is a murder case?!?!?!

This is getting insane now.
It is highly likely that it occurred during the struggle, but he is the only one to be blamed for being in that situation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Even after he put the object in his mouth, his death could have been avoided so why is he to blame?

Well, let's examine that, shall we?

An officer, afraid that a vital piece of evidence is going to be digested, and made unavailable to a prosecution, is more likely to (a) try to get it out or (b) shove it further down and guarantee it won't be retrieved in a good state?

An officer worried that the perpetrator might have endangered himself by swallowing a dangerous substance is likely to (a) try to get it out and be a hero or (b) shove it further down, be accused of murder and have to endure tons of opprobrium?
Even after he put the object in his mouth, his death could have been avoided so why is he to blame?

He was the one who put it there, ran from police and resisted arrest. If he had just complied none of this would have happened.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You must have really, really good eyesight to be able to tell whether the perp swallowed the object or not.

Ever considered signing up for the Royal Air Force?

Are you an X-Men?

You actually the police officer knowingly pushed the object down the guy's throat. You actually think this is a murder case?!?!?!

This is getting insane now.

He probably didn't swallow it since the officer was seen trying to remove it from his mouth. I didn't say he definitely tried to swallow it, I said that it's a possibility.
I didn't say that the police officer knowingly pushed it down his throat either. If he did then I'm sure it was accidental, and I didn't mention anything about murder either. You have a way with twisting people's words don't you?
He was the one who put it there, ran from police and resisted arrest. If he had just complied none of this would have happened.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Had the officer taken him to hospital when he suspected that he tried to ingest drugs, none of this would have happened, and he wouldnt be accused by the public of causing his death
He probably didn't swallow it since the officer was seen trying to remove it from his mouth. I didn't say he definitely tried to swallow it, I said that it's a possibility.
I didn't say that the police officer knowingly pushed it down his throat either. If he did then I'm sure it was accidental, and I didn't mention anything about murder either. You have a way with twisting people's words don't you?

You're making my IQ drop with every post.

I'm out.

You ignore the most likely possibility that it was already, unknown to the copper, too far down the throat for him to retrieve.

How is accidentally shoving something further down the throat while trying to get it out brutality, by the way? Do you accuse any person who fails in a potentially life-saving procedure of brutality? Or just white ones?
Well, let's examine that, shall we?

An officer, afraid that a vital piece of evidence is going to be digested, and made unavailable to a prosecution, is more likely to (a) try to get it out or (b) shove it further down and guarantee it won't be retrieved in a good state?

An officer worried that the perpetrator might have endangered himself by swallowing a dangerous substance is likely to (a) try to get it out and be a hero or (b) shove it further down, be accused of murder and have to endure tons of opprobrium?

Did you ever consider the possibility that while the officer was trying to retrieve the object, he may have accidentally pushed it further into his throat?
You're making my IQ drop with every post.

I'm out.

:laugh: of course

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending