The Student Room Group

AM I GOOD ENOUGH FOR UCL? Help!!!!!':(

Hi i was born and raised in London but due to my dad having a transfer of job to Pakistan we had to shift there in the start of year 10, I obtained the following IGCSE results;
English- A*
ICT - A
Business - A
Accounting - A
Economics - A
Math - B
I only had 6 subjects due to me being an overseas student therefore i wasnt required to take the 2 more cumpolsury subjects plus i was too late for them as I was told the course has been completed and pastpaper revision has started....

I ended up changing schools for A levels and I had a terrible start, I didnt have the right friends, I couldnt really find people to talk to and there were so many events in school but I couldnt go cuz i didnt really have a friend. Sad ik. so yes I ended up in depression and Ik its not a good reason to give a university but it is what it is and I got the following AS level cambridge results BBB, in economics accounting and math its not that bad but for me it was since its always been a dream to get into UCL, LSE...etc Plus to do an economics programme at LSE AND UCL you need an A* for math, during the summer i had summer school, holidays in london, work experiences so it was really hard for me to try resit my exams in the next session so I decided to take another chance in A levels, to do my AS level againn, I know completing college in 3 years is highly unpreffered but Im aware of what im capable of and it is much higherr and I wanted to prove myself again rather then regretting it my whole life for not taking this chance, So I did AS level again and got 4A's in Business studies, Economics, Maths & Accounting & for A2 im predicted A* in math A* in business and 2A's for my other subjects, So will it effect my chances GREATLY when applying to UCL, LSE, kings..etc? Since ive repeated AS?/:
I don't think it really affects your chances that you did it twice (others, correct me if I'm wrong). And those are quite good results so I think you should give it a try? :smile:
Reply 2
I think you should apply, nothing should stop you. I recieved average grades in GCSE with literally pretty much all Bs and 1 A I hope to be predicted As next year school still hasn't decided. And I am hoping to apply to the likes of Kings etc. If you think you have no chance then I literally have no hope
If that's the dream then apply for it as well as a couple of unis with slightly lower grade requirements than it. If you get in, excellent. If not, meh you'll have other offers maybe.

Repeating AS shouldn't affect anything afaik, plenty of people do retakes so I don't see why taking another year is much different. Besides, them AS grades are pretty fiyah stuff.
Reply 4
Original post by AQuestion1
I don't think it really affects your chances that you did it twice (others, correct me if I'm wrong). And those are quite good results so I think you should give it a try? :smile:

Thankss but I've also read where some people say you have no chance if you've resit the whole year again and im acc scared 😬
Reply 5
Original post by Retired_Messiah
If that's the dream then apply for it as well as a couple of unis with slightly lower grade requirements than it. If you get in, excellent. If not, meh you'll have other offers maybe.

Repeating AS shouldn't affect anything afaik, plenty of people do retakes so I don't see why taking another year is much different. Besides, them AS grades are pretty fiyah stuff.

Thaankyou! But ive been reading people online saying 'theres no chance' 'doubt it' if you've repeated AS /: & its making ne worry alot
Reply 6
Original post by Ibantez
Thaankyou! But ive been reading people online saying 'theres no chance' 'doubt it' if you've repeated AS /: & its making ne worry alot

But remember you have some sort of mitigating circumstances, you left the country for a few years if I'm correct and you came back and still achieved high grades.
Original post by Ibantez

**** it man just have a backup uni or two on your ucas application just in case and give it a go
Reply 8
Original post by Retired_Messiah
**** it man just have a backup uni or two on your ucas application just in case and give it a go

Alright😂❤️
Reply 9
Original post by AQuestion1

Thankyou I will :smile:)))

Quick Reply

Latest